HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers players "Accused" of cursing at and spitting on Ice Girls

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2007, 11:05 PM
BJo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the girl who got water flicked on her or squirted from a bottle didn't say ANYTHING to the Rangers bench and is completely, 100% innocent. She probably said something and one of the guys squirt a water bottle at her in jest.
She probably told Avery to stop diving

Old
04-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Smashley

Slash like Yashin's slash to Nylander's foot in OT the the refs didn't seem to notice but when flesh comes running at you sobbing how can you resist........?

What a joke. [No surprise.]

All those in favor of our guys in the windsuits change their get-ups to speedos say "I"....

Old
04-04-2007, 11:12 PM
TheRedressor

This is some serious bs.

Old
04-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Can we have the little kid who stands at center ice waving to the crowd with the bucket join in the scrum?
HAHAHAHa

Old
04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
She probably told Avery to stop diving
Yep......

Old
04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Balej20*

I think the NHL honestly should ban these Ice Girls in every arena. You're just asking for trouble.

Old
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Yep......
Well not really on this topic but since you seem to disagree with me, you're going to argue that Avery doesnt exagerate everything that happens to him? look he's a good player. I wish the isles had him. He brings speed and grit and has some skill. But when Bergeron gave him that tap to his calf he screamed like someone had shot him. Then when poti gave him a push in the crease he flew backwards like Poti had some superhuman strength. Not to mention it wasn't long ago that Avery did this against you guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVe4XNWVFUM

Old
04-04-2007, 11:21 PM
sickofsather4ever*

Quote:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

I find the spitting hard to believe. To me it seem more likely it was a water bottle squirt. But who knows. I just find the story interesting
I was at the game - the ice bimbo's got what they deserved!!!! The linesman TWICE had to tell them to get out of the crease adn interfering with Lundquist standing in the net. It got to the point that everytime there was a TV timeout the Linesman would actually stand in the crease next to Lundquist. On a few occassions you could see him telling them to move.

Old
04-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Smashley

Quote:
I think the NHL honestly should ban these Ice Girls in every arena. You're just asking for trouble.
Agreed. I don't know why Albany's AHL team has them considering they almost out number the few fans that show up....

Old
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Well not really on this topic but since you seem to disagree with me, you're going to argue that Avery doesnt exagerate everything that happens to him? look he's a good player. I wish the isles had him. He brings speed and grit and has some skill. But when Bergeron gave him that tap to his calf he screamed like someone had shot him. Then when poti gave him a push in the crease he flew backwards like Poti had some superhuman strength. Not to mention it wasn't long ago that Avery did this against you guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVe4XNWVFUM

Bjoelson respect you as a poster but please your reading into too much that Avery would do that to an ice girl. Even though he may be considered a pest and a dirt player, there are some lines they just do not cross.

Old
04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Bjoelson respect you as a poster but please your reading into too much that Avery would do that to an ice girl. Even though he may be considered a pest and a dirt player, there are some lines they just do not cross.
???

I never said Avery did anything to her. Most NHL goons are actually the nicest guys you will meet. A poster was saying that the ice girl probably said something to the Ranger bench and thats why she got squirted or spit on. I was just making a joke that she told Avery to stop diving because lets face it, thats his tendency. Trust me, i'm not taking what these girls say as truth at all. When i posted the thread i was angry at first. Then i relaxed and thought about it, which is why i edited the thing 4 times (which your posters pointed out). The thread title was properly edited by your moderator to "accused." But just know that my comment about Avery was not meant to be interpreted that i think avery definitely did it. The article does not say which players spit and i wouldn't put the blame on anyone without more info.

Old
04-04-2007, 11:42 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
???

I never said Avery did anything to her. Most NHL goons are actually the nicest guys you will meet. A poster was saying that the ice girl probably said something to the Ranger bench and thats why she got squirted or spit on. I was just making a joke that she told Avery to stop diving because lets face it, thats his tendency. Trust me, i'm not taking what these girls say as truth at all. When i posted the thread i was angry at first. Then i relaxed and thought about it, which is why i edited the thing 4 times (which your posters pointed out). The thread title was properly edited by your moderator to "accused." But just know that my comment about Avery was not meant to be interpreted that i think avery definitely did it. The article does not say which players spit and i wouldn't put the blame on anyone without more info.
Hadn't seen the edited post, it's just interesting to see Isles fans get so angry over these types of things when it is something that it is being manipulated by some teenage girls into something more than what happend.

Old
04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
BJo

Quote:
Hadn't seen the edited post, it's just interesting to see Isles fans get so angry over these types of things when it is something that it is being manipulated by some teenage girls into something more than what happend.
Well when you are on the brink of elimination its easy to get irritated.

But also, to say that this story is a complete fabrication is unfair to the ice girls. It's just as possible that it did happen. But in this country you are innocent until proven guilty obviously. But to assume this story is complete crap just because the girls are young is unfair as well.

Old
04-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1108
Quote:
This is some serious bs.
seriously

04-04-2007, 11:59 PM
MrAlfie

so , when are these girls having their naked pictures published?

ice fairys... as if we dont already have enough with ribeiro.

Old
04-05-2007, 12:02 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Hahahahahah Tooo Funny!!

Old
04-05-2007, 12:06 AM
TrampsLikeUs

Send a message via AIM to TrampsLikeUs
This story is hysterical. Head over to the Isles boards. I'm not going to name names, but some Isles fans see this as the idiotic, blown out of proportion joke that it is, and some are calling for blood.

If Dipietro or Dunham hit the squeegie of a Rangers ice girl (if we had hockey strippers), Nolan would whine about how it was the girl's fault for looking at his goalie funny and Sean Avery's fault for just being a dick.

Old
04-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansky1213 View Post
This story is hysterical. Head over to the Isles boards. I'm not going to name names, but some Isles fans see this as the idiotic, blown out of proportion joke that it is, and some are calling for blood.

If Dipietro or Dunham hit the squeegie of a Rangers ice girl (if we had hockey strippers), Nolan would whine about how it was the girl's fault for looking at his goalie funny and Sean Avery's fault for just being a dick.
haha I don't even wanna go over there to see what kind of idiotic things they are saying. I'll just get myself introuble. I can't see how anyone in their right mind oculd take this story seriously. I was hysterically laughing as soon as I read the title of the article.

Old
04-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
It really wouldn't surprise me at all if something did happen. However I still don't get why the Isles have to bring out the shovel ****** during all these TV timeouts. They've got plenty of maintenance guys there that could do the same job. This isn't the first time a goaltender has refused to move. Ryan Miller did the same thing as Hank earlier this season.

*-Term created by Scott Ferrall when referring to the Ice Girls.
Boston and Philly have ice girls as well, and I'm sure they aren't the only teams doing it.

Old
04-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
haha I don't even wanna go over there to see what kind of idiotic things they are saying. I'll just get myself introuble. I can't see how anyone in their right mind oculd take this story seriously. I was hysterically laughing as soon as I read the title of the article.

Mmmm I went over there.

04-05-2007, 01:15 AM
TomLaidlaw

I must admit when I read the title saying we were gonna see some "slash" involving the Islander Girls I was dissapointed to find out it was a Hockey type slash.

Old
04-05-2007, 01:49 AM
danman1202

Old
04-05-2007, 01:53 AM
zacn

Wow, talk about a slow news day for Islanders reporters.

I also find "We're just there to do our job" kind of amusing. That's your job? You are basically a cross between a hooters waitress and one of the squeegee guys Guilliani got rid of who used to clean car windshields.

Now I'm not against scantily clad women dancing around at professional sports games but keep it to the stands and intermissions. A bunch of 20 year old girls who are going to cry when they get water on their backs have no business doing maintenance work on the ice during a hockey game. Leave it to people who are going to do what they need to do and get the hell out of the crease because that's their job. But then again, maybe I am being an ignorant Rangers fan because MSG is always sold out and we aren't desperate to bring people into the arena anyway we can ;-)

Last edited by zacn: 04-05-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old
04-05-2007, 01:59 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

I think the ice girls are stupid...whenever im at a rangers isles game at the collesiuem...the girls are always talking to henrik when hes in the crease trying to concentrate....they must be telling him to move or just be ditracting him, as he always shakes his head to them, but they still annoy him...now I understand if they want him to move but after he says no, they have to leave him alone..I know the girls are there for the fans, but the isles definetely see it as a way to distract the opposing goalie

Old
04-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofsather4ever View Post
I was at the game - the ice bimbo's got what they deserved!!!! The linesman TWICE had to tell them to get out of the crease adn interfering with Lundquist standing in the net. It got to the point that everytime there was a TV timeout the Linesman would actually stand in the crease next to Lundquist. On a few occassions you could see him telling them to move.
I'm not here to start a fight, but look at the article again. It does say that the linesman forced Lundquist to move, and the players and linesman were yelling at each other not the ice girls and the linesman. Also keep in mind that the NHL mandates (and has since 2001) that the crease must be cleaned after every tv timeout. I'm going to stay away from the debate on what happened with the slash or the alleged spiting incident. But, after reading that post I did feel the need to mention the NHL rule which requires the creases to be cleared as well as article itself referring to Lundquist being forced to move by the linesman and not the girls.

Closed Thread