HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Positive vibes and free suggestions

Old
04-04-2007, 08:17 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Positive vibes and free suggestions

Ok. Having (not) slept on it for the last 24 hours, and skipping the x's and o's in favor of big picture views, I've concluded:

1. (suggestion) It is comical. Someone said its almost comical. It is comical. You have to laugh at the product we've iced recently. I think the Preds would do well to laugh at the last 3 games and relax a bit. If we go 4 and out in the playoffs (read, if we don't make it out of the first round), then we will have all summer to wring our hands and vent so for now I'm going to laugh at it and assume it will be funny when we hoist the cup.

2. (positive vibe) Scoring cures everything. This team has plenty of guys that can put the biscuit in the basket and sooner or later it turns. Forsberg, Kariya, Legwand, Dumont, Arnott are all due to even things out. If we score 3 goals a game, we will be fine. Hartnell will help. Erat and Sully could help.

3. (positve vibe) Experience counts. Kariya, Forsberg, Dumont and Arnott are all proven playoff performers and I still believe they step up even though it is a complete act of faith to type that sentence since there is no proof currently existing.

4. (suggestion) Don't fight it, fight it. We need some mojo back. Some swagger. If TV can't give it to us with big glove saves and all of our stars (except for Rads of course) are low on the swagger scale, then we need to kick some ass. Abid, Tootoo and Hordy would all be told by me, as coach, that a failure to fight someone in the first period of the Blues game would lead to a permanent pine-riding playoff experience. In fact, Dan Hamuis would be told to ask his wife for at least one testicle back from the purse and told the same thing (I'd give him 3 periods to get it done). Ditto for Zids while we are at it. Will it work? Who knows but I'm willing to try it.

5. (positive vibe) Use your Hart. I've concluded rightly or wrongly that Hartnell is the engine that drives this train. Wishful thinking perhaps but consider he still is 4th on the team in goals, second in PP goals, third in shots on goal, and third in +/- while missing nearly 20 games and playing on a screwed up 3rd line.

I (as well as the dog, the TV, the TV remote, and the wall with a hole in it) could use some positive vibes so feel free to pile on. Find or start another thread to point out the negatives.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 12:44 AM
irisheyes555

we are close to passing FL in home attendance.

and hartnell is coming back.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 03:12 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I am one with the universe.

I decided today that we're going to be OK. I was throwing something away this afternoon, and the trashcan was about 5 feet away and around a corner. I said if it went in, the Preds would be OK, but if I missed then the Preds were out in the first round. It went right in. So I'm feeling OK about the team. I don't know, maybe it was all the sunshine or the very nice thing someone said to me, but I got that good feeling about this team back.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 03:34 AM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post

I decided today that we're going to be OK. I was throwing something away this afternoon, and the trashcan was about 5 feet away and around a corner. I said if it went in, the Preds would be OK, but if I missed then the Preds were out in the first round. It went right in. So I'm feeling OK about the team. I don't know, maybe it was all the sunshine or the very nice thing someone said to me, but I got that good feeling about this team back.

I'll take all the superstitions I can get right now.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote