HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers players "Accused" of cursing at and spitting on Ice Girls

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2007, 02:16 AM
TheRedressor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I'm not here to start a fight, but look at the article again. It does say that the linesman forced Lundquist to move, and the players and linesman were yelling at each other not the ice girls and the linesman. Also keep in mind that the NHL mandates (and has since 2001) that the crease must be cleaned after every tv timeout. I'm going to stay away from the debate on what happened with the slash or the alleged spiting incident. But, after reading that post I did feel the need to mention the NHL rule which requires the creases to be cleared as well as article itself referring to Lundquist being forced to move by the linesman and not the girls.

does the nhl require 20 year old bimbo figure skaters to be harrassing a goaltender that is in the midst of a playoff race while cleaning the snow around the goal? If a goalie says no to the strippers/I mean ice girls then maybe they should go directly to the ref before causing problems.

Old
04-05-2007, 02:20 AM
lotus

just looools. They're all going to lose their jobs there because Nassau doesn't want to get sued should a similar situation happen. This seems so familiar.

Anyway, I can see lundqvist knocking the squeegee away. He had to be pissed all games after more deflected goals at the worst times. But I don't know about spitting. Not being a homer by any means, the Rangers are much much more disciplined than that. As stated, its probably water.

Old
04-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
does the nhl require 20 year old bimbo figure skaters to be harrassing a goaltender that is in the midst of a playoff race while cleaning the snow around the goal? If a goalie says no to the strippers/I mean ice girls then maybe they should go directly to the ref before causing problems.
I will try to stay away from anything that will cause a fight, their was just a few things in a post that I wanted to clear up.

Now, with that being said I don't see how Lundquist was harassed, and it doesn't really matter who is cleaning the crease whether its a 20 year old in a skimpy outfit, some kid, or a 40 year old fat balding guy, NHL rules stipulate that the areas around the crease and goal must be cleared during every tv timeout.

Anyway all I'm saying is their is a difference between an incident occurring by her (or whoever else) doing something that is not part of their job or not mandated by the NHL and an incident occurring as a direct result of someone doing a job which is mandated by the NHL.

Old
04-05-2007, 02:34 AM
eco's bones

Wow--not just one incident but two and that Henrik is such a beast! If this keeps up they'll just have to just stay away whenever the Rangers come to town. I'm sure that reporter doesn't feel like an idiot today for filing that piece.

Old
04-05-2007, 02:45 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

That ****ing fool henrik....this has to be worse then simon's incident..i would assume at least at 20 game suspension

Last edited by FLYLine24: 04-05-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old
04-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
all of a sudden my back got wet"

Was Lundy trying to pull the Houdini?

I would post a link to the description of that term, but this is a family oriented site... but if you are old enough you probably have herd the term before....

ANYways, pretty funny over all IMO. Interesting to see the path that this takes... if it even takes a path at all...

Old
04-05-2007, 03:03 AM
lotus

I'm telling you now, they're all going to get fired and you will no longer see "ice girls" at the games. Nobody wants a law-suit.

Old
04-05-2007, 03:24 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
I'm telling you now, they're all going to get fired and you will no longer see "ice girls" at the games. Nobody wants a law-suit.
Well they wont be "fired" but I agree, you wont see Ice Girls anymore.

Old
04-05-2007, 03:42 AM
Taz

Thats what you get for running our goal tender, luckily Kaspa wasnt out there!

Old
04-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Ola

The Islanders are gooing down, and they certainly aren't dooing it with style.

Old
04-05-2007, 06:43 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

To bad they didn't pee on them! I bet Nolan blamed Hollweg! For years the NHL didn't have this nba type crap, scrapping ice during tv breaks. Fire bettman and get a real hockey person in. In the end what do you expect from Mrs. Smith's fixstixs? I bet Ryan Smyth is counting down the days to 7/1/07 and he can get the hell off the island and come across the river to a real organization with loyal fans like in edm. Imagine giving up 3 first round picks for a rental? How stupid is that if he is not resigned. You don't do a trade like that unless you have a window to talk and sign the player before the deal is done.

Old
04-05-2007, 07:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I bet Ryan Smyth is counting down the days to 7/1/07 and he can get the hell off the island and come across the river to a real organization with loyal fans like in edm. Imagine giving up 3 first round picks for a rental? How stupid is that if he is not resigned. You don't do a trade like that unless you have a window to talk and sign the player before the deal is done.
What window?The Oilers broke off talks with the Smyth camp at 2:40 pm.There was barely enough time to complete the trade.That is the Islanders problem.I would not be surprised if the Fishies blame the Rangers when Smyth goes back out west to resume his career

Old
04-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
Can you please let them have the whole "lundqvist tried to kill our ice girls" thing cuz they really dont have much else goin for them.

04-05-2007, 07:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

What are the Islanders selling?These girls look like they have experience in shoveling snow

Wonder what they do with the towel?

Old
04-05-2007, 07:35 AM
philbo

This is getting stupid now. Henry was keeping his focus by staying in his stance in his crease during a potential playoff qualifing clincher!

Since this hasn't been an issue anywhere else this season or last, it can't be a league requirement for Henry to vacate the crease for clearing of snow during the period.

I work in marketing so I completely respect the art and pitfalls of selling, but plain and simple the "Icegirls" are just that a tool to sell Islander tickets. Scantily dressed girls, skating around the ice w/ shovels, buckets and brooms just to give Joe Islander fan who plunked down $100. or more for seats behind the glass a thrill, doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me. Especially over a soft spoken, humble guy who has handled everything thrown at him (which has been alot) w/ professionalism and class.

We're all in agreement that Henry did what we all would have done in that situation, which was the right thing. I personally would've used profanity if she kept insisting after several times of being told to get lost.

Old
04-05-2007, 07:43 AM
RFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

What are the Islanders selling?These girls look like they have experience in shoveling snow

Hey NOW!!! Must resist dirty joke about back wet...must resist...fishystickies mad...He's the King baby...the King!!!

Old
04-05-2007, 07:46 AM
25 A L I V E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

It's funny, they don't look all that upset right there.

The opposite actually, quite jovial if I must say.

Old
04-05-2007, 07:55 AM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 A L I V E View Post
It's funny, they don't look all that upset right there.

The opposite actually, quite jovial if I must say.
Can your hear them?..... I can....

Kelli ( notice the i ) says " He like won't get out of the way?
Chanel says " oh my gawd, did you tell him like hello it's our job?
Kelli says "well duh..."
Chanel says " find me after we skate by the rangers bench and get off the ice, I've got this totally cool idea.

Old
04-05-2007, 07:56 AM
25 A L I V E

Old
04-05-2007, 08:06 AM
bender13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I will try to stay away from anything that will cause a fight, their was just a few things in a post that I wanted to clear up.

Now, with that being said I don't see how Lundquist was harassed, and it doesn't really matter who is cleaning the crease whether its a 20 year old in a skimpy outfit, some kid, or a 40 year old fat balding guy, NHL rules stipulate that the areas around the crease and goal must be cleared during every tv timeout.

Anyway all I'm saying is their is a difference between an incident occurring by her (or whoever else) doing something that is not part of their job or not mandated by the NHL and an incident occurring as a direct result of someone doing a job which is mandated by the NHL.

Belfour did the same thing a year or two ago, Can't remember the team he was playing against, no one made a big deal out of that.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Larry Melnyk

The crying Ice Girl should be fired....Doesn;t she know, "there's no crying in hockey!!"..??

Old
04-05-2007, 08:33 AM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
OUR TEAM IS PURE EVIL.

LUNDQVIST IS THE LEADER.

THE ****ING DEVIL.

Oh my God, this is such a great thing. I love this all right now. I'm laughing so hard.
I now have a new avatar.

Henrik Lundqvist: the King... of the Underworld.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Stoney La Rock

I've gotta sound off from a woman's perspective. If those moronic bimbos want to dress in ridiculous outfits and prance around the ice in the name of cleaning, then they have to be tough enough to take whatever happens. It's a pro hockey game, it's a heated rivalry to begin with and the playoffs are right around the corner. Get a clue, girls. The fans aren't there to see you. And most of all, learn to stand up for yourselves - don't run into the corner and turn on the waterworks. If there's no crying in baseball, there sure as he** ain't any crying in hockey. Sorry, but they get no sympathy from me. This story and these accusations have the mentality of a second grade slapfight on the playground.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:35 AM
25 A L I V E

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
I now have a new avatar.

That is comedic gold!

Old
04-05-2007, 08:57 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
I now have a new avatar.

Closed Thread