HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers players "Accused" of cursing at and spitting on Ice Girls

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Melanson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacn View Post
Wow, talk about a slow news day for Islanders reporters.

I also find "We're just there to do our job" kind of amusing. That's your job? You are basically a cross between a hooters waitress and one of the squeegee guys Guilliani got rid of who used to clean car windshields.

Now I'm not against scantily clad women dancing around at professional sports games but keep it to the stands and intermissions. A bunch of 20 year old girls who are going to cry when they get water on their backs have no business doing maintenance work on the ice during a hockey game. Leave it to people who are going to do what they need to do and get the hell out of the crease because that's their job. But then again, maybe I am being an ignorant Rangers fan because MSG is always sold out and we aren't desperate to bring people into the arena anyway we can ;-)
It was also reported by the Rangers beat writer in the NY Daily News.

This is all pretty stupid and childish stuff with the exception of the spitting incident. I don't know if it is true or not but if it is, that's pretty low. Squirting water is more of a joking thing and cursing never hurt anyone (or I'd be dead right now) but spitting on someone crosses the line for me.

I'm not saying it happened, but that is the one thing about this story that would be unacceptable if it were true. Everything else is kind of funny IMO.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Melanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
Can your hear them?..... I can....

Kelli ( notice the i ) says " He like won't get out of the way?
Chanel says " oh my gawd, did you tell him like hello it's our job?
Kelli says "well duh..."
Chanel says " find me after we skate by the rangers bench and get off the ice, I've got this totally cool idea.
This is, by far, the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Sather Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I'm not here to start a fight, but look at the article again. It does say that the linesman forced Lundquist to move, and the players and linesman were yelling at each other not the ice girls and the linesman. Also keep in mind that the NHL mandates (and has since 2001) that the crease must be cleaned after every tv timeout. I'm going to stay away from the debate on what happened with the slash or the alleged spiting incident. But, after reading that post I did feel the need to mention the NHL rule which requires the creases to be cleared as well as article itself referring to Lundquist being forced to move by the linesman and not the girls.
You realize the first time they tried to "Clean" the crease Lundqvist said no and told them to go away and the linesman took Lundqvist's side and told them not to. And for some reason the girls kept going back each TV timeout?? They knew he's not going to move, they knew he didn't want to be interrupted, why did they keep going back?? The referee finally made him move to clean the crease and that is the first time in 65+ games this year he had to leave the crease during a TV timeout (including three previous games at the Coliseum).

Also if you read the Newsday article it says SHE accidentally bumped his stick first with her squeegee - "The tip of my squeegee kind of hit the tip of his stick. I don't know if he thought I did that on purpose or whatever,..."

Last edited by Sather Hater: 04-05-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old
04-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
knowing Eric Goddard as well as I do he used to tell me stories about the ice girls at the morgue and how management had to step in and tell the players to stop sleeping with them and how they went through 6 sets one year. Trust me they are are strippers on skates

Old
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Now, with that being said I don't see how Lundquist was harassed, and it doesn't really matter who is cleaning the crease whether its a 20 year old in a skimpy outfit, some kid, or a 40 year old fat balding guy, NHL rules stipulate that the areas around the crease and goal must be cleared during every tv timeout.
Well the girl herself said she pestered him several times. He obviously didn't want to be disturbed and he has some girl talking to him and pushing a squeegee around him...it's not a huge deal, but she shouldn't have been talking to him, especially after he ignored her the first time. He stays in the crease to concentrate, not talk to bimbos.

Also, could you point out this exact rule? Not being a dick, I've just seen some conflicting opinions over whether this is a rule or not.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Watch Colin Campbell step in and suspend Hank for 3 games including 2 in the playoffs.

Cmon now, nobody spit on them, they have a bare back and theres snow and water bottles everywhere on the rink. My guess it was an errant water bottle spray or slush on someones skate that flew off when they jumped over he bench.

What a crock.

Let’s just play hockey.

Thats why these girls shouldnt be out there. How many teams have these girls clean the ice?
As far as I know its only the Islanders. All teams should do away with it. Keep them in the stands or during the intermissions. The Islanders are to blame here for sending them out. Sooner or later something like this was bound to happen.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Well the girl herself said she pestered him several times. He obviously didn't want to be disturbed and he has some girl talking to him and pushing a squeegee around him...it's not a huge deal, but she shouldn't have been talking to him, especially after he ignored her the first time. He stays in the crease to concentrate, not talk to bimbos.

Also, could you point out this exact rule? Not being a dick, I've just seen some conflicting opinions over whether this is a rule or not.
Obviously she can't fathom the amount of concentration a top-flite NHL goalie needs to play his position.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
BigE

Sounds like *********....

Old
04-05-2007, 09:07 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanson View Post
It was also reported by the Rangers beat writer in the NY Daily News.

This is all pretty stupid and childish stuff with the exception of the spitting incident. I don't know if it is true or not but if it is, that's pretty low. Squirting water is more of a joking thing and cursing never hurt anyone (or I'd be dead right now) but spitting on someone crosses the line for me.

I'm not saying it happened, but that is the one thing about this story that would be unacceptable if it were true. Everything else is kind of funny IMO.
John Dellapina didn't write about the Lundqvist/Ice Girls alleged incident

It's a Peter Botte story

The Lundqvist quotes came from Dellapina

Quote:
Another member of the Ice Girls, Chanel Benson, also claimed an unnamed Rangers player spit on her from the bench during the next stoppage of play. The Islanders complained to the officiating crew after the first period, and VP of game operations Tim Beach confirmed he called NHL VP of Events and Entertainment Bill Miller to inform him of the incident, although he added that no formal charges were filed with the NHL
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho..._ice_girl.html

Big pansies

In fact,Dellapina ridiculed this BS story in his blog.The blog entry

Quote:
On a completely different topic (and at the risk of inviting more boorish criticism from the folks who used my view of fighting as an excuse to do some childish name-calling), are we now convinced that having scantily-clad young girls on the ice during stoppages in play is NOT a good idea?

Henrik Lundqvist refused to move last night when the Islanders' Ice Girls came out with their squeegees and shovels to remove the snow from around and in front of his net. That made for some comedy that included linesmen and referees imploring him to move while he refused to budge.

I asked him about it after the game and we both chuckled. But he wasn't entirely amused.

"I've played 65 games this season and never had to move and now I have to move?" he said. "I know they have an important job to do, but so do I."

Of course they have an important job to do -- you can tell that by how they're dressed. Then again, while Lundqvist likes to get into some visualization during stoppages, he obviously has to clear the crease if NHL rules mandate that the snow be swept.

I didn't see it myself, but there are allegations that Lundqvist slapped at one of the squeegees (not the young lady wielding it) during the first play stoppage. Sounds like a funny blog entry rather than a news story to me. But that's just me.

Of course, I think the shootout, semi-dressed teenagers and fighting don't belong on NHL ice surfaces during games. But what do I know?
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran..._absence_l.php

Old
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
clmetsfan

Everything seems pretty harmless, except for the spitting -- which sounds like a complete crock. My god, how big of a loogie do you have to make in order to leave multiple wet spots on a girl's pants and her back? Please, it was a water bottle. Get over it.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
snowcloud

Did those....ummmm....ice girls (I'll be nice here) do it to Dubwhateverhisname is too??? I'm curious.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
SEE THE VICTIMS!!!! http://www.newyorkislanders.com/fanzone/icegirls.asp

Old
04-05-2007, 09:13 AM
nyscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcloud View Post
Did those....ummmm....ice girls (I'll be nice here) do it to Dubwhateverhisname is too??? I'm curious.
Yes. The ice girls clean both nets at each TV time out.

Also, a number of teams throughout the NHL have them as well...Its not just the Isles.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

This is what makes me sick about the whole thing

This rivalry is one of the greatest in all sports...at least in the past it has been. Some great games between the two teams, and lots of insane battles. But this year in particular is rediculous. In a season where the final playoffs spots are decided by the last couple games, the back page of the Newsday has this s-hit on it! First of all , when the hell was the last time either team made the back page of any of the local papers? It takes crap like this to get the attention of the press. Sad times...very sad!

Another thing that sickens me is this...For the first time since 1972/73 the Ranger and Islanders don't have one regular season fighting major between them....Not a single one, but yet we have one of the worst stick swinging incidents, a half a dozen fake glove-drops from Witt, and now a spitting incident with an ice-girl! Is this what we can expect from the new NHL? If that's the path the NHL is taking, i'm not so sure i'm buying into it!

Old
04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I think the NHL honestly should ban these Ice Girls in every arena. You're just asking for trouble.
AMEN!! Since hockey does have many female fans, I think it's disrespectful to them. They should go. This isn't football. Isn't this part of the Bettmanization of hockey? It stinks.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:23 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Like half of them aren't even good looking, haha

Old
04-05-2007, 09:23 AM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
Yes. The ice girls clean both nets at each TV time out.

Also, a number of teams throughout the NHL have them as well...Its not just the Isles.
I didn't see them at the Garden or at Verizon center. NO WAY during tv timeouts, either. It's stupid. If the ice needs to be cleaned, I've always seen professional ice crew do it. Fully dressed thankyouverymuch.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
goalmachine

Send a message via AIM to goalmachine
lol. I can't believe this made the front page of Newsday.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Trio Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
knowing Eric Goddard as well as I do he used to tell me stories about the ice girls at the morgue and how management had to step in and tell the players to stop sleeping with them and how they went through 6 sets one year. Trust me they are are strippers on skates
That's really classless, and irresponsible to post without proof other than heresay.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:35 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Like half of them aren't even good looking, haha
Well half of them ARE good looking, and a couple of them are really hot. And they all look better in their 'Ice Girls' outfits anyway!

Old
04-05-2007, 09:41 AM
clmetsfan

It does speak volumes about the league though that so many teams are resorting to putting eye candy on skates during the timeouts. That's one of the things I love about the Rangers -- they're old school like the NY Giants. You won't see them employing any cheerleaders any time soon.

Then again, who knows. Even the Celtics caved and formed a dance team like every other NBA franchise this year. What a shame.

Old
04-05-2007, 09:41 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
Well half of them ARE good looking, and a couple of them are really hot. And they all look better in their 'Ice Girls' outfits anyway!
I know the two twin Islander girls and they are pretty nice.

Quote:
That's really classless, and irresponsible to post without proof other than heresay.
I've heard some of the same stuff from Scatchard and Aucoin when they played on my mens league team during their stay with the Islanders (During the offseason ofcoarse)

Old
04-05-2007, 09:42 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Man, who the F cares about this? Not me!!!

Beat the Habs, tonight!!

Old
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
RFAN

Let the crucifixion begin, they are killing the Rangers on the Fan!!! How could they spit on them….BlahBlahBlah!!!

Old
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalmachine View Post
lol. I can't believe this made the front page of Newsday.

What a joke

Closed Thread