HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Offside Q

Old
04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Phoenix

vCash: 500
Offside Q

Am starting to get familiar with rules and gameplay but am a bit confused...I know with the basic offside rule that players can't precede the puck into the attack zone.......but somebody was talking about how if you take the puck off the defending team in the attack zone you have to bring it back to the blue line (therefore +/- all your players behind blue line?) before going for the goal again? Does this depend on who originally took the puck over perhaps?

Can somebody clarify this for me??!!!

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 02:58 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Am starting to get familiar with rules and gameplay but am a bit confused...I know with the basic offside rule that players can't precede the puck into the attack zone.......but somebody was talking about how if you take the puck off the defending team in the attack zone you have to bring it back to the blue line (therefore +/- all your players behind blue line?) before going for the goal again? Does this depend on who originally took the puck over perhaps?

Can somebody clarify this for me??!!!
I assume you mean if you steal the puck from the defending team in their defensive zone, do you have to take it back out to the blueline to re-enter the attack zone on-side. No, you don't have to. As long as you brought the puck in on-side to begin with or if they passed it back in their own defensive zone themselves, you're fine.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 05:05 AM
Phoenix

Ok...kewl...so if the defending team takes it over the blue line into their own defence zone, I can take the puck off them in that zone, and go for the goal straight away? I don't have to worry about taking it back to the blue line?

Old
04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

correct

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Phoenix

oh good...that makes things much easier on my mind lol...i dunno what my mate was talking about the other day then...

Old
04-05-2007, 09:58 AM
ResidentAlien*
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
oh good...that makes things much easier on my mind lol...i dunno what my mate was talking about the other day then...
he may have been talking about the "touch up"
If any player moves the puck out of the offensive(atttack) zone, all attacking players must exit that zone before they(attacking players) can touch the puck(inside the zone) again.
Hope that makes sense, kind of hard to write it out - especially so early!

Last edited by ResidentAlien*: 04-05-2007 at 03:28 PM.
ResidentAlien* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 03:51 AM
Phoenix

Could be, i dunno. Guess I'll play and find out!