HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Prucha, Where Does He Play?

Old
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
94now

vCash: 500
Prucha is useless at this time. You assign a 200+ lbs winger against him and the little guy disappears. He cannot go to the corners, he gets by passed easily due to lack of backward skating strength. All he could do is to score when someone shoots for him. We have enough guys to put the puck in the net. We do not have enough players able to obtain the puck and keep it. Isbister abl to do that much better. I'd take Isbo or Ort over Prucha any day now. That doesn't mean I want Petr to go away. He is good in what he does, he can be used, but NOT NOW. He is, simply put, not a playoff material. And we a long into playoff mode.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
We have enough guys to put the puck in the net.
Really? Last I checked only 4 guys have more goals than him.
Shanny - Has scored only once since coming back, which was more of a lucky goal
Jagr - He's Jagr (8 goals in his last 20)
Straka - Been Cold for quite some time (2 goals in his last 16 games, 5 in his last 20)
Nylander - Passes before he shoots (7 goals in his last 20)

Prucha during the time that Shanny was out was the team's leading scorer (7 in his last 20).

Also other than Cullen (5 goals in his last 20) & Avery (7 goals in his last 20), no other player on the team has more than 10 goals. So you're trying to tell me that this team has enough scorers? Sure you can throw Callahan in there if you wish.

As you can see, Prucha has been scoring at the rate of Avery, Nylander and Jagr. Jagr and Nylander have only become hot the last few games where Prucha has been playing on the 3rd and 4th line again or being scratched since Shanny has returned.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 04-05-2007 at 11:13 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Prucha is useless at this time.
Since January, he has the 3rd most goals on the team, trailing only Jagr and Nylander. Were that all the forwards were that useless.
Quote:
You assign a 200+ lbs winger against him and the little guy disappears. He cannot go to the corners, he gets by passed easily due to lack of backward skating strength.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Quote:
Isbister abl to do that much better. I'd take Isbo or Ort over Prucha any day now.
Yeah...that Isbister. 1 goal in 17 games, while playing with Jagr. He is simply a force.
Quote:
That doesn't mean I want Petr to go away. He is good in what he does, he can be used, but NOT NOW. He is, simply put, not a playoff material.
And the creme de la creme. I do not even know how to respond to this without using expletives.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 11:14 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Last I checked Prucha was one of the few Rangers who actually SCORED in the playoffs last year.

2006 playoffs Rangers Scorers:
Game 1: Prucha (1) (Tied the game 1-1)
Game 2: Betts (1) (3-1 Devils)
Game 4: Ortmeyer (1) (1-0 Rangers)
Game 4: Rucchin (1) (4-2 Devils)

Isbister is a waste of space. He can't even score goals when he plays with Jagr on a consistant basis. Thankfully when the playoffs start (if we make it) Hossa will be back.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 04-05-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old
04-05-2007, 11:36 AM
94now

Sure Prucha can score. But there're other things than scoring that allow the team to win. Isbister doesn't score, Hollweg doesn't score. Also, as I pointed out in the past, Lundqvist doesn't score either. So what? You cannot evaluate the player's usefulness by the number of points.

Old
04-05-2007, 11:48 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Isbister stinks I'll say it once, I'll say it a million times. If you can't put up points playing with Jagr and Nylander you have no business on this team. Hossa was scoring like a machine with those two.

Hollweg is worse defensively than Prucha is. Hollweg has 2 points all season, is terrible defensively (nice -2 last game against the Isles) and has no offensive upside. All he does is run around hitting everyone.

Prucha hussles every play and scores. He's even been making very nice passes lately. He hits people too, just not as hard as someone like Hollweg because of his size. He uses his size and speed to be very sneaky and steal the puck from many defenders.
His only downfall is he isn't great defensively on the rush and his size if you want to say that even though as soon as he gets crushed he bounces up like it was nothing.

Old
04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Hollweg doesn't score. Also, as I pointed out in the past, Lundqvist doesn't score either. So what? You cannot evaluate the player's usefulness by the number of points.
As a goalie, Henke is not expected to do much scoring. Last I checked, Hollweg has not seen the light of day beyond the 4th line. And when it comes to playing on the top-2 lines, the amount of points is very much a usefull indicator. Otherwise, Ortmeyer would make a fine addittion to the Nylander-Jagr line.

Old
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Isbister stinks I'll say it once, I'll say it a million times. If you can't put up points playing with Jagr and Nylander you have no business on this team. Hossa was scoring like a machine with those two.
Hossa is fine. I've never sad that Isbo is better than Hossa. This is Prucha talk. You replace Isbister with Prucha and 1st line will become dysfunctional. At least with Isbister JJ and Nylander score.

Old
04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Hossa is fine. I've never sad that Isbo is better than Hossa. This is Prucha talk. You replace Isbister with Prucha and 1st line will become dysfunctional. At least with Isbister JJ and Nylander score.
That is a false argument. A healthy Jagr will score with anyone on his line. Last year, Nylander and Jagr had no problems piling on points with Prucha on their line. Isbister bears no responsibility for Jagr and Nylander scoring.

Old
04-05-2007, 02:10 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That is a false argument. A healthy Jagr will score with anyone on his line. Last year, Nylander and Jagr had no problems piling on points with Prucha on their line. Isbister bears no responsibility for Jagr and Nylander scoring.
Who is going to the corners? Who does the dirty part of cycling? Jagr did that last year when he did not hesitate and had confidence. You may regain the confidence in your stickhandling, but it is hard to protect the puck by the boards with confidence worrying about your shoulder. That's why Jagr wasn't there in the corners and by the boards as much. That's why Prucha doesn't get the fruits of JJ labor this year. That's why someone else should be doing it. That should be a big guy like Isbo or his much better version Marcel Hossa.

Old
04-07-2007, 01:44 AM
mucker*

This hasn't been answered is Prucha able to play LW or is he strictly a RW foward?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Bretzky*

Shanahan should and will be back. Definitely. Quote me on it.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Put him on defense instead of Malik.

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 09:11 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappingstinger View Post
This hasn't been answered is Prucha able to play LW or is he strictly a RW foward?
He plays both wings.

Played on the left last year.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 09:19 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Who is going to the corners? Who does the dirty part of cycling? Jagr did that last year when he did not hesitate and had confidence. You may regain the confidence in your stickhandling, but it is hard to protect the puck by the boards with confidence worrying about your shoulder.
Jagr has never been one to do the dirty work. Now all of a sudden this year, he NEEDS someone? Nope. What he needed was to get healthier.
Quote:
That's why Prucha doesn't get the fruits of JJ labor this year.
Seems to me that he did pretty well scoring away from him. If Prucha was to play as a top-6 forward consistently, he would have netted another 30 goals.
Quote:
That should be a big guy like Isbo or his much better version Marcel Hossa.
Both of them combined are not fit to carry Prucha's jockstrap.

Old
04-07-2007, 09:21 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Prucha is useless at this time.

He is, simply put, not a playoff material.
Did he or did he not score one of the lone goals in last year's playoffs? Was the back-to-back Islander games not like playoff games? Did he or did he not score in those games? Did he or did he not score in the Habs game, which was like another playoff game? Since the Rangers playoffs began (sometime in January), is he or is he not the 3rd leading goal scorer?

Now tell me how he is useless and how he is not playoff material.

Last edited by True Blue: 04-07-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old
04-07-2007, 11:44 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

During Shanny's absence he was #1 on the team in goals. It wasn't until Shanny's return that he was put back onto the 3rd/4th/pressbox and then his numbers dropped slightly while Jagr and Nylander started to get hot the last few games.

Old
04-07-2007, 11:59 AM
DutchShamrock

I don't know how we can possibly know enough about Prucha to determine whether or not he is a playoff performer. He only has 4 playoff games under his belt. If you are going to use those 4 games as a bench mark then NO ONE on the Rangers is a playoff performer. He's better than everyone not named Jagr, Shanahan, Nylander and Straka.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 03:00 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
He plays both wings.

Played on the left last year.
Then this really confuses me, why is it then if Prucha CAN play LW he isn't?

Wouldn't is make sense given how well he has chemistry with Jagr, how he needs minutes, to put him on the top lines at the LW?

I was under the impression he was a RW only which is why signing Shanahan hurt him, because it bumped him from the line 2 to line 3 log jamming Jagr and Shanahan over for depth.

If he can play LW, why is it he has been regulated to 3rd and 4th work and 2nd PP time this season, when we have clearly needed scoring help from the LW on line 1 and 2?
Why have Isbister or Hossa on line 1 and Prucha rotting on the 2rd unit?

This defies logic and I really hate to see the Rangers do to this guy what they did with Savard and Knuble.
I'm worried he is being and will be stunted here, go elsewhere and blossum.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote