HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your predictions: with this roster, where do the Panthers finish?

Old
07-07-2014, 11:47 AM
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!

vCash: 500
If you think the panthers with this roster end up making the playoffs, I want some of whatever you're having...

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 12:45 PM
spacemanatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
If you think the panthers with this roster end up making the playoffs, I want some of whatever you're having...
unless we pull of a 2011/2012-season which would be rather typical with the 2015-draft coming up hehe

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Kellyr

bump.

Funny to read some of these comments now. Almost nobody picked them to make the playoffs this year and currently they are two points out. So where does all this moaning and *****ing come from? It's clogging up the threads a bit too much.

Kellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 10:10 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner

vCash: 50
I said 85 points and it looks like I could be exactly right.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 10:15 AM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyr View Post
bump.

Funny to read some of these comments now. Almost nobody picked them to make the playoffs this year and currently they are two points out. So where does all this moaning and *****ing come from? It's clogging up the threads a bit too much.
I think the frustrating part is realizing how close we are and aren't able to get over the hump due to lack of talent/work ethic.

I would be less frustrated if we were currently 10 points out with no hope to make it.

We have the ability to make it but nothing in the way we are playing makes me believe we will.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 10:39 AM
Kellyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
I think the frustrating part is realizing how close we are and aren't able to get over the hump due to lack of talent/work ethic.

I would be less frustrated if we were currently 10 points out with no hope to make it.

We have the ability to make it but nothing in the way we are playing makes me believe we will.

I guess my point was that almost everyone expected this team not to make playoffs (or do significantly worse) but now that they are close they are lazy bums and suck?

Frustrated a bit sure but actually pretty happy with the young guys and that still team is still playing meaningful hockey this time of the year.

Kellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:08 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudzilla View Post
if everything goes well and the other teams that are around us struggles, we can make the playoffs, otherwise, just outside the good picks lol
seems to be pretty spot on lol

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.

Quote:
bump.

My thoughts as well...

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Big Bjugs
Amat Victoria Curam

vCash: 157
We're making the playoffs. End of story.

Big Bjugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:16 AM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudzilla View Post
seems to be pretty spot on lol
What will the winning lottery numbers be?

IM Clutcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:19 AM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bjugs View Post
We're making the playoffs. End of story.

Old
02-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Big Bjugs
Amat Victoria Curam

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post

Big Bjugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Pantherfan12

How un-Pantherly (luck wise) would it be if we misssed the post season, won the draft lottery, drafted McDavid, and then traded for Kessel at the draft (trading 2016 1st and 3rd, Trocheck, McCoshen, and Flash)

I'd rather make the post season this year though, but could you imagine getting McDavid AND Kessel??

pipe dream, I know.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:31 AM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
How un-Pantherly (luck wise) would it be if we misssed the post season, won the draft lottery, drafted McDavid, and then traded for Kessel at the draft (trading 2016 1st and 3rd, Trocheck, McCoshen, and Flash)

I'd rather make the post season this year though, but could you imagine getting McDavid AND Kessel??

pipe dream, I know.
Huberdeau-Barkov-Bjugstad
Pirri-McDavid-Kessel

Old
02-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post

pipe dream, I know.
If we get McDavid, we won't need Kessel. Rather keep Trocheck and Mccoshen (I like them. Plus depth) and the 2016 1st.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronEkbald View Post
My mindset is that anything can happen in the east because you don't have well-rounded, scary teams like LA, Anaheim, St. Louis, Chicago and SJ. Florida could either have a ton of injuries, bad luck and everyone on the roster regressing or relatively healthy, some good bounces and our core group (Huby, Guddy, Barkov, Bjugs and Ekblad) really begins to emerge as a special core. We're not going to be last. We could finish anywhere from 7-13. I don't see us going higher than 7th, though.
I'd say a pretty fair prediction.

Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 11:39 AM
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
If we get McDavid, we won't need Kessel. Rather keep Trocheck and Mccoshen (I like them. Plus depth) and the 2016 1st.
If they get McDavid, why not go all in? Only thing I'd worry about is McDavid's contract after his ELC. Kessel makes a ton, and even with all the money coming off the books I don't see a way to keep everyone for too long.

Old
02-25-2015, 12:16 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
There's too many unpredictable details right now with this team to make a clear prediction. I'd say we could finish anywhere from 7th to 12th in the East. I think the kids like Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Kulikov, etc will really make the determination depending on how they progressed from last season to the next on where we finish. If guys like Flash and Kopecky return to the form they were two or three years ago, that can make a huge difference as well.

In 2012, many things went right which got us to finish first in a very weak division and into the playoffs. Likely, that has to happen again and in a much tougher division this time. My gut tells me we'll finish probably in 9th right outside of the playoffs, but small factors can determine whether they end up higher or lower. No matter what happens, I think we'll get to see much more exciting hockey easily than over the last two seasons.
My prediction is still pretty much the same. I think we'll just miss the playoffs

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 12:26 PM
FlaPantherSwe*

9th
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characthers

FlaPantherSwe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Chino Oscar

Quote:
I guess my point was that almost everyone expected this team not to make playoffs (or do significantly worse) but now that they are close they are lazy bums and suck?

Frustrated a bit sure but actually pretty happy with the young guys and that still team is still playing meaningful hockey this time of the year.
Man... You nailed it... Reading some posts just makes me scratch my head. Two points out, 22 games to go... "nah, we suck, we will fail hard..."

Chino Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 08:16 PM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude1 View Post
Bold prediction. We make the playoffs with that last wild card (8th) and force Detroit out of a playoff spot for the first time in 20+ years.
Well my prediction is a little off. Could still happen but Detroit would have to lose a lot of games. I don't see that happening.

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 08:28 PM
angry_treefrog
void

I've been pretty consistent in saying that a nearly 30 point improvement from one season to the next is nothing to sneeze at.

I've also pointed out that you can't expect to jump from the cellar to playoffs in one step. It happens, but is not the norm and should not be expected.

Having said all that, it's much harder to stomach that when you are in the moment and you know how close (yet how far) a playoff spot is this year. Just...a...little...more... then it slips away. Frustrating as hell.

I get where both sides are coming from.

I think this team will end up in 9th, and at the end of the day I will be satisfied with that. On the way there my TV will bear the brunt of many thrown foam hockey pucks. That's just the way it is.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Juggernaut27
#CatsHasCupNow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I've been pretty consistent in saying that a nearly 30 point improvement from one season to the next is nothing to sneeze at.

I've also pointed out that you can't expect to jump from the cellar to playoffs in one step. It happens, but is not the norm and should not be expected.

Having said all that, it's much harder to stomach that when you are in the moment and you know how close (yet how far) a playoff spot is this year. Just...a...little...more... then it slips away. Frustrating as hell.

I think this team will end up in 9th, and at the end of the day I will be satisfied with that. On the way there my TV will bear the brunt of many thrown foam hockey pucks. That's just the way it is.
Do you just keep a bucket of foam pucks next to you? If so, that's genius. I've been using cat toys in an attempt at irony but some of them have hard edges.

I (sadly) have to agree with the above. But I would much rather have the season we are having and know that our defense made the jump it did this season, Ekblad is a star in the making, Barky and Hubby have both shown they have what it takes and a bunch of contracts are coming off the books than have the season Colorado is having after overachieving and (potentially) making poor moves because of an anomaly of a season.

It's not the most fun as a fan right now but I do think we are on a much better trajectory.

Juggernaut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 09:46 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

Um, you're supposed to throw those chuck-a-pucks at that big bullseye at center ice,not bring them home!

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2015, 10:08 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

I picked 9th but I hope I'm not right. I say 9th or 10th unfortunately. The Ottawa and Pittsburgh games were our Pickett's Charge. We had our chance and we failed. Its gonna take a heck of a finish to male it now.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote