HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2014, 10:47 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagelin View Post
Can someone give me some info about the mini plans? Not much info is available on the rangers website about it.

What is the amount of games you get?
Can you choose how many games you want to go to?
What are prices like?

Any info would be appreciated.
Mini plans are 10 games each usually. You can't pick the games. They have 4 different 10 game plans to offer which cover every game of the season pretty much. Each plan usually consists of some dead games (a Nashville game in December), some decent games (a March weeknight game v. the Leafs), and some premium games (a Saturday night v. the Devils). I just used those games as examples. Typically, the prices are usually $10 or so higher than STH prices. As a rough estimate, upper center 200s for STH are $59. For half season plans they'd probably be around $65 and mini plans around $70.

If you could get a half season plan, go for that. That gets you half playoff rights (possibly even full playoff rights if your rep helps you out) as opposed to the mini plan where all you get is some BS presale.

07-04-2014, 10:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Can someone give me some info about the mini plans? Not much info is available on the rangers website about it.

What are prices like?

Don't have personal experience with the mini plans...but from what I remember you get to choose from several packages (plan A, B, C etc.) and each includes a set number of games. Prices are pretty close to the individual game ticket prices...perhaps someone else can provide more info on that.

Old
07-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm probably just gonna try to get like 10 games off of a season ticket holder so I could try to get the games during the times I'm off of college. Seeing that you can't really choose dates and have to just pick the different packages that probably wouldn't be best for me.

Old
07-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Giacomin

Quote:

What are prices like?

Mini plans were very popular in the 90s. I remember reading somewhere back then that almost 50% of the Garden had mini-plans which were either 10 or 20 game packages mostly in the old 300 sections. What happened in the early part of the 2000s before the Lehman Bros crisis on Wall St was that the reps were encouraged to not offer the mini plans unless asked and only offer full STs. After the 2008 situation on Wall St the Rangers actually stayed a strong ticket and just got stronger in the past 4 years and the Rangers grandfathered in the mini plan holders but moved many of them around and now only offer new mini-plan subscribers lower bowl seats as a mini-plan. I for one started in the lower bowl as a STH and enjoyed it immensely but it seems that more and more new STHs just want to go to 10 games and sell the rest which is screwing the fan that wants to purchase a mini plan through the Rangers.

Old
07-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Nash Money

I did a mini plan in 2012-2013 (which was only 2013, and only 6 games thanks to the lockout). I think I was in 227 and tickets were $20 over STH price, though I was able to get a full strip of playoff tickets (in a different upper bowl section).

Old
07-05-2014, 10:34 AM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
Mini plans were very popular in the 90s. I remember reading somewhere back then that almost 50% of the Garden had mini-plans which were either 10 or 20 game packages mostly in the old 300 sections.
Up until '94, mini plans had full playoff rights in the same seats. That's why they were popular. I think my plan had 14 games and don't recall having a choice of different plans. I'm not really sure how it worked since I don't think single game tickets were readily available.

After the Rangers won the cup, MSG cut all playoff rights out of the plans and forced you to buy other events like boxing (I don't think the Liberty existed for another few years but that was something else MSG made you buy). That's when people started giving up their plans. I gave up my plan when MSG didn't allow me to take those seats as a full STH (my $23 seats in '94 were a lot better than the $78 seats I have now).

Old
07-05-2014, 10:24 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Up until '94, mini plans had full playoff rights in the same seats. That's why they were popular. I think my plan had 14 games and don't recall having a choice of different plans. I'm not really sure how it worked since I don't think single game tickets were readily available.

After the Rangers won the cup, MSG cut all playoff rights out of the plans and forced you to buy other events like boxing (I don't think the Liberty existed for another few years but that was something else MSG made you buy). That's when people started giving up their plans. I gave up my plan when MSG didn't allow me to take those seats as a full STH (my $23 seats in '94 were a lot better than the $78 seats I have now).
My memory has faded so I'll tell you what I believe to be true.

I started with a mini plan called the Messier plan. I believe the plan was a 10 game mini (started after Jan 1 1992) and included full playoff rights. Tix were $17 / per for my 1st row greens so I bought the package for our daughter as a Christmas present. After that year we were hooked and I reupped ever since.

Old
07-07-2014, 03:12 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
I did a mini plan in 2012-2013 (which was only 2013, and only 6 games thanks to the lockout). I think I was in 227 and tickets were $20 over STH price, though I was able to get a full strip of playoff tickets (in a different upper bowl section).
Where was this in the 200s? Would love to get 200s for a mini plan. Could not get last season. Was in 100s. Some insight, the bridge seats are going to be where most mini plans are sold. My rep said he can almost 100% get us there and the view is great.

Old
07-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Where was this in the 200s? Would love to get 200s for a mini plan. Could not get last season. Was in 100s. Some insight, the bridge seats are going to be where most mini plans are sold. My rep said he can almost 100% get us there and the view is great.
I'm pretty sure it was 227, but not positive.

Old
07-09-2014, 07:55 PM
OKnumber25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
A friend had a mini plan on the bridge last year, barstool, 2 seats, $140 per seat per game, 10 games. on the blueline the Rags defend twice. When playoffs rolled around they offered him different seats - bridge, bar stool, 2 seats, on the blueline the Rags attack twice, for each and every game. Needless to say he was more than happy.

Old
07-10-2014, 10:55 AM
RangerFan23

Anyone have any idea if there is a possibility of getting full, half or mini plans for anything less than ~$100 a ticket? Everytime I go trough the rangers they try to sell me $300/seat crap

Old
07-10-2014, 11:25 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan23 View Post
Anyone have any idea if there is a possibility of getting full, half or mini plans for anything less than ~$100 a ticket? Everytime I go trough the rangers they try to sell me $300/seat crap
No. The upper bowl is sold out.

Old
07-10-2014, 03:54 PM
sbjnyc

Just got an email that stubhub is reducing the seller fee on NHL games from 15% to 10% and increasing the buyer fee. I wonder what impact this will have. On my end it means I can reduce what I list tickets for by about $5 to get back face value. But if what the buyer sees stays the same I'm not sure what the point is.

This change is also for NBA and NCAA football/basketball games but curiously not MLB or NFL games.

Old
07-10-2014, 04:00 PM
McD27

[QUOTE=sbjnyc;87910621]Just got an email that stubhub is reducing the seller fee on NHL games from 15% to 10% and increasing the buyer fee. I wonder what impact this will have. On my end it means I can reduce what I list tickets for by about $5 to get back face value. But if what the buyer sees stays the same I'm not sure what the point is.

This change is also for NBA and NCAA football/basketball games but curiously not MLB or NFL

Deleted

Last edited by McD27: 07-10-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old
07-10-2014, 04:00 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Just got an email that stubhub is reducing the seller fee on NHL games from 15% to 10% and increasing the buyer fee. I wonder what impact this will have. On my end it means I can reduce what I list tickets for by about $5 to get back face value. But if what the buyer sees stays the same I'm not sure what the point is.

This change is also for NBA and NCAA football/basketball games but curiously not MLB or NFL games.
Yep. Here's the email.

Beginning July 15, StubHub is reducing its sell fee for every NHL, NBA, NCAA football, and NCAA basketball ticket from 15% to 10% and raising the fee on the buyer’s side. Fees for all other events on StubHub will remain the same.

Once the sell fee change is implemented, your ticket price for existing listings will adjust automatically to ensure your potential payout remains the same. For all new listings, the fee reduction will be applied right away.

As we continue to make improvements on the site, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns. Thanks again for choosing StubHub!

Sincerely,
StubHub Customer Support

Old
07-10-2014, 04:41 PM
patnyrnyg

[QUOTE=McD27;87910987]
Quote:

This change is also for NBA and NCAA football/basketball games but curiously not MLB or NFL

Deleted
it already is 10% for NFL games. Just sold some Giants tix on stubhub and was charged 10%.

Have to agree on the point. They are still getting 25% or each sale. To get the same pay - out sellers now have to go adjust their listings as the price shown is now going to rise.

Last edited by patnyrnyg: 07-10-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old
07-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan23 View Post
You can probably get a nice 10 game package priced in the low to mid hundreds per ticket. I find it hard to believe that MSG is only offering mini-plans at $300 a seat. If you plan on going to the 10 games buying a mini plan at about $150 a ticket is not bad if they throw in some type of playoff option. Usually the 10 game package has 3-4 premium games, 3 mid level games and 3 dogs.

Old
07-10-2014, 04:52 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
it already is 10% for NFL games. Just sold some Giants tix on stubhub and was charged 10%.
I missed that change!

Old
07-10-2014, 05:16 PM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

vCash: 364
Quote:

This is sort of a fee raise because at the end of the season stubhub was charging 15% seller fee and anywhere between 0 and 5% buyer fee. 10% is better for sellers because you get a better take home, but overall prices will be adjusted lower to compete and meet buyer expectations.

Old
07-14-2014, 12:42 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Anyone have Knicks Tickets? A buddy of mine is going to try to move his seats tomorrow. Anyone know what type of seats are open.

Old
07-14-2014, 12:45 PM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
Anyone have Knicks Tickets? A buddy of mine is going to try to move his seats tomorrow. Anyone know what type of seats are open.
Dude anything there was disappeared right about Wednesday last week

Old
07-14-2014, 12:47 PM
negipai98

Hi. New to the boards here and was hoping for some guidance regarding the season ticket process. I put a deposit down earlier this year and today got a call from my rep saying tickets are now on sale. I realize they don't have a ton of inventory, but the seats I'm being offered are ridiculous (like $315 per game). My goal is to get into the 200s and I'll deal with paying like $140 for corner seats in the lower bowl for now, but have no interest in what they are offering. So my questions boil down to this:

1) Do you think that this is a sales game and they'll ultimately come back with something in the lower corners, or is that really all they have?

2) I keep getting told to buy more expensive seats now and then downgrade later. How easy is it to move upstairs in subsequent years? Obviously if the team tanks, its easier and if they do well, harder, but in general how is the process?

Any insight you have into their sales and relocation processes would be great. The deposit holds for two years, so I may just take a pass this year and try again next year, but would love to know more so as to be able to make an informed decision.

Thanks!

Old
07-14-2014, 02:08 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
Hi. New to the boards here and was hoping for some guidance regarding the season ticket process. I put a deposit down earlier this year and today got a call from my rep saying tickets are now on sale. I realize they don't have a ton of inventory, but the seats I'm being offered are ridiculous (like $315 per game). My goal is to get into the 200s and I'll deal with paying like $140 for corner seats in the lower bowl for now, but have no interest in what they are offering. So my questions boil down to this:

1) Do you think that this is a sales game and they'll ultimately come back with something in the lower corners, or is that really all they have?

2) I keep getting told to buy more expensive seats now and then downgrade later. How easy is it to move upstairs in subsequent years? Obviously if the team tanks, its easier and if they do well, harder, but in general how is the process?

Any insight you have into their sales and relocation processes would be great. The deposit holds for two years, so I may just take a pass this year and try again next year, but would love to know more so as to be able to make an informed decision.

Thanks!
1) Those that had access to the relocation map would have a better idea but there's gotta be something in the lower end/corner. Rangers had a great year but I can't see how they sold all of those when there were a decent amount available last year.

2) Depends where you're looking in the upper bowl. They finally allowed downgrades in the relocation process this year but by the time they got to the newer subscribers, almost nothing was left in the upper bowl. Again, this is coming off the best year they had in 20 seasons though. At the very least, you should be able to relocate into the row 1 gallery seats in the upper bowl which are priced similarly to the lower corners.

My advice is try to get a half season plan if you can't get what you're looking for with full seasons. You may be able to get 200's that way or corner/end 100's. Plus you're guaranteed half playoff rights (maybe even full if your rep works with you) while getting your foot in the door for seasons.

Old
07-14-2014, 02:37 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post

Thanks!
1) Don't think it is just a sales game. I was checking availability on during the relocation and it was very limited. Unless of course, they were simply holding seats back, but I doubt it.

2) Do NOT buy tickets which are more than you can afford just to get a foot in the door. If you can afford lower level seats, great. But if you can't, don't. There is no guarantee you will be able to move to the upper bowl. I had one of the earliest times to get on (sth since 98) and when I did, there was very little available in the upper bowl aside from the row 1 galleries which are the same price as lower bowl anyways. I gave up my pair and the pair next to mine to move to barstools, and those 4 seats didnt last long.

Secondly, do not let anyone sell you on the idea of selling some games for more than face in order to lower your own cost. It will never work in the lower bowl. The tickets are too expensive and leaves you very little room for profit and you will likely have to take a loss on more than 1/2 the games.

Old
07-14-2014, 03:20 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Dude anything there was disappeared right about Wednesday last week
Nothing left in the upper bowl?

Closed Thread