HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The impact of JD&JK

Old
07-04-2014, 12:43 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Again, no one is saying that the success of the Jackets greatly depended on resigning D-Mac. But we're a worse team without him.
I'd rather have Gibbons and D'Amigo than D-Mac.

07-04-2014, 02:37 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
I'd rather have Gibbons and D'Amigo than D-Mac.
Those are independent decisions, you could have had all three.

In any case, the acquisitions D'Amigo and Gibbons make me feel a lot better about where our fourth line is going. I retract what I said about Jarmo earlier. He goes back to being a straight Incomplete in my book.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 02:37 PM
agent082

JD is great and JK is poor doesn't make sence because deciding who is going to be BJ's GM is by far the biggest decision JD had to make if thinking teams success on ice. By evaluating JD you also have to include that he hired JK. If JK is poor then JD can be at max decent.

Last edited by agent082: 07-04-2014 at 02:46 PM.
agent082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 04:30 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Not this guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I'd trade all that to have Moore back.
I never saw the skill & skating that made John Moore a first round pick. He may yet develop, & I will be watching with interest

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2014, 04:59 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I'd trade all that to have Moore back.
I would have been right with you at the time of the trade, but Murray pretty much made me forget about Moore. And Prout, and Savard (can't believe I said that).

I think with Moore it's one of those things where the 'idea' of Moore is better than the reality of Moore. Kind of like Kris Russell...relatively speaking - I'm not saying they're equivalent.

Old
07-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
I would have been right with you at the time of the trade, but Murray pretty much made me forget about Moore. And Prout, and Savard (can't believe I said that).

I think with Moore it's one of those things where the 'idea' of Moore is better than the reality of Moore. Kind of like Kris Russell...relatively speaking - I'm not saying they're equivalent.
Moore and Russell are pretty similar in how baffling their failure to break through has been. Both are excellent skaters, both seem to have the hockey IQ, and both have above average physical skills. And both just have not put it together despite quite a few chances.

Russell is 27 and still hasn't broken through; I'd have to believe he's unlikely to do so. Moore is somehow only 23, but considering how quickly someone with a much better track record (Del Zotto) got bounced out at the same age...

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 08:58 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Moore and Russell are pretty similar in how baffling their failure to break through has been. Both are excellent skaters, both seem to have the hockey IQ, and both have above average physical skills. And both just have not put it together despite quite a few chances.

Russell is 27 and still hasn't broken through; I'd have to believe he's unlikely to do so. Moore is somehow only 23, but considering how quickly someone with a much better track record (Del Zotto) got bounced out at the same age...
Maybe but Moore played as a regular for every game he was eligible for last year for the Eastern Conference champions. He's a lot bigger than Russell, and is still 23. I think it a bit early to call John Moore a bust. Frankly, he may end up being the guy we miss the most from that deal.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 09:50 PM
CBJorBust

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
Maybe but Moore played as a regular for every game he was eligible for last year for the Eastern Conference champions. He's a lot bigger than Russell, and is still 23. I think it a bit early to call John Moore a bust. Frankly, he may end up being the guy we miss the most from that deal.

IMO Moore will be a good NHLer, I was a little upset when he went to the Rangers apart of that deal. But our D prospect pool was loaded, would of been nice to keep him though.

CBJorBust is offline   Reply With Quote