HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Positional Swap: Baertschi for B. Bennett

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2014, 10:58 AM
  #1
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Positional Swap: Baertschi for B. Bennett


Sven Baertschi

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...vid=nhl-search


Beau Bennett

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...vid=nhl-search

Pens need some LWers. I think Baertschi would play well on the wing for Malkin, and the Flames desperately need more RW's. I like B. Bennett, and I'd be willing to trade one of our best wingers for him.

It'd be a straight up trade, I feel that they have the same value. I know I've brought this up before, but I think it makes sense for both teams.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:01 AM
  #2
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,462
vCash: 500
Bennett plays either wing. Kind of a pointless trade unless Johnston really wants Baertschi since he had him in junior.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:04 AM
  #3
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Bennett plays either wing.
Yeah, and Tocchet wants him on the right side.

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Dupuis-Geno-Horny

It's not bad, depends if you would rather have Downie or Dupuis in the top 6. I might do it, but its just ok.

I would be interested for Baertschi for a defenseman though.

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:09 AM
  #4
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
Yeah, and Tocchet wants him on the right side.

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Dupuis-Geno-Horny

It's not bad, depends if you would rather have Downie or Dupuis in the top 6. I might do it, but its just ok.

I would be interested for Baertschi for a defenseman though.
Well you're in luck! Our defenseman pool could use some work. We definitely need a RHD, but wouldn't mind a LHD either. I like Pouliot too, but I know we'd need to add with Baertschi.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:11 AM
  #5
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Bennett plays either wing. Kind of a pointless trade unless Johnston really wants Baertschi since he had him in junior.
I totally forgot Johnston had Sven... Even makes the trade make even more sense than what I thought.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:11 AM
  #6
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 50
Baertschi has enough upside still that it would be a mistake to give up on him already. I'd rather keep him.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:12 AM
  #7
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,913
vCash: 133
I don't really like trading prospects for prospects, but Baertschi for one of Pitt's Dmen makes sense.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:13 AM
  #8
Kiss My Rask
VGHC
 
Kiss My Rask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wakefield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
I got real confused, I thought OP wanted Sam Bennett on the wing and Sven at C lol

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:13 AM
  #9
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Baertschi has enough upside still that it would be a mistake to give up on him already. I'd rather keep him.
As I said on our board, I am very high on him too. But Bennett would help us add another right handed shot into our lineup.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:19 AM
  #10
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Well you're in luck! Our defenseman pool could use some work. We definitely need a RHD, but wouldn't mind a LHD either. I like Pouliot too, but I know we'd need to add with Baertschi.
Johnson had Pouliot, so I dont see us moving him. Harrington is a lefty, but plays the right side, Harrington+pick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
I totally forgot Johnston had Sven... Even makes the trade make even more sense than what I thought.
Yeah, its also keeps our cap hit down.

Martin and Scuderi are also available.

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:19 AM
  #11
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!
 
Vokouna Maattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,582
vCash: 500
Would Despres for Baertschi work?

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:22 AM
  #12
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
Would Despres for Baertschi work?
I think you guys would slightly add.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:25 AM
  #13
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!
 
Vokouna Maattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
I think you guys would slightly add.
Yeah I think that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe Baertschi for Despres and a RW prospect like Rust (3rd rounder in 2010)?

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:33 AM
  #14
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
Yeah I think that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe Baertschi for Despres and a RW prospect like Rust (3rd rounder in 2010)?
The problem with the Flames is that we are stacked at top end LW's, and imo need to move one to get top end talent from the other end (which I don't think Rust fits the bill for that). We lack RW's, Solid defensive prospects, and right handed shooters. Baertschi is one of our top prospects and can use a change of scenery, especially because Johnny Gaudreau is knocking at his door to taking his NHL spot. Nothing against Baertschi, he still has great talent, he just needs to find a team that could use a LWer and get some playing time.
So far:

Baertschi < Pouliot (CGY adds)
Baertschi = B. Bennett
Baertschi > Despres (PIT adds)

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:33 AM
  #15
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
Yeah I think that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe Baertschi for Despres and a RW prospect like Rust (3rd rounder in 2010)?
Sundqvist?

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:40 AM
  #16
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!
 
Vokouna Maattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
Sundqvist?
I thought he was a center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
The problem with the Flames is that we are stacked at top end LW's, and imo need to move one to get top end talent from the other end (which I don't think Rust fits the bill for that). We lack RW's, Solid defensive prospects, and right handed shooters. Baertschi is one of our top prospects and can use a change of scenery, especially because Johnny Gaudreau is knocking at his door to taking his NHL spot. Nothing against Baertschi, he still has great talent, he just needs to find a team that could use a LWer and get some playing time.
So far:

Baertschi < Pouliot (CGY adds)
Baertschi = B. Bennett
Baertschi > Despres (PIT adds)
The thing is that I don't think the difference between Baertschi and Despres is that big. The Pens 5 best RW prospects are Kapanen, Bennett, Archibald, Megna (he's a RW, regardless of what HF says) and Zoblin. Other than Zoblin, I think any of those guys and Despres is too much for Baertschi. The highest I would go is Zoblin and Despres for Baertschi, and I would only reluctantly do that.

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:43 AM
  #17
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post

The thing is that I don't think the difference between Baertschi and Despres is that big. The Pens 5 best RW prospects are Kapanen, Bennett, Archibald, Megna (he's a RW, regardless of what HF says) and Zoblin. Other than Zoblin, I think any of those guys and Despres is too much for Baertschi. The highest I would go is Zoblin and Despres for Baertschi, and I would only reluctantly do that.
Please don't tell me that you think Bennett has more value than Baertschi.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:45 AM
  #18
snipetype
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Bennett is decent. But Sven has A LOT more potential. The only players I would deal Sven for on Pitt are Maata and Pouliot. Doubt it happens.

snipetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
  #19
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!
 
Vokouna Maattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Please don't tell me that you think Bennett has more value than Baertschi.
No there essentially the same. I don't think Despres is much less valuable than Bennett, either.

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:19 PM
  #20
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 681
FFF why are you always trying to trade Sven?

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:21 PM
  #21
PPenguins724
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
vCash: 500


Makes no sense to me. F for F gets nothing done. We haven't seen enough of Beau yet to know.

PPenguins724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:25 PM
  #22
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,608
vCash: 517
Something around Sven for Jason Demers? A relatively young top 4 RHD for a prospect who I think still has very good potential, but perhaps a change of scenery is order.

Baertschi - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Nieto
Torres - Hertl - Wingels
4th line

Vlasic - Burns
XXXX - Braun
Irwin/Mueller - XXXX

Obviously we'd have to move Niemi then to fill a need on defence. Perhaps Tennyson on the bottom RHD spot.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:29 PM
  #23
ForeverFlameFan
Registered User
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Demers for Baertschi? A lot of you are underrating Baertschi. Flames would need a top RW or defenseman back in return.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:33 PM
  #24
snipetype
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Something around Sven for Jason Demers? A relatively young top 4 RHD for a prospect who I think still has very good potential, but perhaps a change of scenery is order.

Baertschi - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Nieto
Torres - Hertl - Wingels
4th line

Vlasic - Burns
XXXX - Braun
Irwin/Mueller - XXXX

Obviously we'd have to move Niemi then to fill a need on defence. Perhaps Tennyson on the bottom RHD spot.
I'm intrigued. However, I really like what the flames are doing. We have a ton of high potential young guy. And i think we should just hold onto them for a few more years. If they don't pan out, Owell. If he can refind his 94 pts in 47 game brilliance that he has shown in the past, the Flames could have a very high power offence.
Look at Detroit they always hold onto their prospects until they are like 26.

snipetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:38 PM
  #25
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,045
vCash: 50
I really want to hang onto Sven. At least for one more year.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.