HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers 2003-2004 Epitaph

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Obsessed

vCash: 500
Oilers 2003-2004 Epitaph

30th ranked special teams, GM sitting on his hands due to "budget restraints"
coach that favors pluggers.

Its time to finally exhale. we can all take this time to realize we aren't going to make the playoffs this year. We just are not good enough. Yes I know we are not mathmatically eliminated but that is just a formality.

I am a true Oiler fan and will continue to support this team till game 82. However, I can no longer worry about points. If they can play a few more games like the ATL game then we should all soak up the entertainment. Thats about all this years group are going to provide.

Go SPOILERS GO

Old
02-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

Its time to finally exhale. we can all take this time to realize we aren't going to make the playoffs this year. We just are not good enough. Yes I know we are not mathmatically eliminated but that is just a formality.

I am a true Oiler fan and will continue to support this team till game 82. However, I can no longer worry about points. If they can play a few more games like the ATL game then we should all soak up the entertainment. Thats about all this years group are going to provide.

Go SPOILERS GO
Thanks Obsessed. I too am an Oiler fan and will support them through thick and thin (think 90's. the early 90's. now THAT was thin.) There are some very good performances by players that are definitely cheerworthy (as I expressed in the Detroit gameday thread). I applaud the yeoman like efforts that Smith, Dvorak, Moreau, Staios, Ulanov, Cross and especially Mike York has put out every game out there this season. They are true leaders this season. I like watching the development of the kids like Semenov, Torres, Brewer, Hemsky, Stoll, Bergeron: growing pains, but I'd like to think of it as growing promise. Its like watching seeds grow out there. Even some of the players that have had a very tough season, has shown signs of turning it around: Smyth, Salo and Laraques. I will still cheer them on.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

Go SPOILERS GO
The coach favors pluggers because that is all he has. I mean Ferguson was playing forward against Detroit how shallow a talent pool do you have when that happens?

Old
02-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Obsessed

I guess we should have seen it coming(LT has been saying this all year). Every year we give up more "now" and get back more "later". So we are stuck in the future. Still, we have no elite talent in the pool.

But, there should be a cliche " the day I put Ferguson on the wing is the day I fold the frachise" because that my friends was sad! Really sad!!

Old
02-17-2004, 04:24 PM
MoeLemayStays

Epitaph....

"Sometimes you get the powerplay. Sometimes the powerplay gets you"

I've now taken a lot of pressure off myself while watching the games. I look forward to deadline day instead of the playoffs.

I now look for great plays from motivated players, instead of watching the scoreboard and clock all the time.

I love the Oilers, but the season is almost over....

Old
02-17-2004, 04:32 PM
windowlicker

Kevin Lowe played with that "Never say die" attitude. And thats also the way he manages and adresses the media when questions arise about the poor showing so far this year. But Lowe also has a brain. He knows whats going on. Hes not going to pull a blockbuster to try and salvage this season in order to "Maybe" get us closer to the 8th spot. Hes not going to intervene with something radical which may or may not work. Hes going to let this team and year die of natural causes.

Closed Thread