HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Prospect Poll: #12

View Poll Results: Who's Our #12 Prospect?
LW Marek Hrivik 13 23.64%
D Petr Zamorsky 6 10.91%
C Cristoval Nieves 8 14.55%
D Ryan Graves 8 14.55%
C Adam Tambellini 15 27.27%
C Keegan Iverson 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'm curious as to why you'd ass Missiaen prior to Skapski.

Maybe he's into tall, skinny brunettes?

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:40 PM
cwede

Graves - add Bodie,
then Skapski, Mantha, St Croix
seems St.Croix has been on the radar forever, but he's only had one year pro, and he finished strong (as did fellow rookie from the W, Nicholls)
Mantha is a bit of a wild card, but I respect Gordie Clark's judgement, and having been recruited by No Dak is a testament to his performance and potential

cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:43 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Went with Nieves again. Same conditions apply. Ceiling to me is a 2nd line center. He went down last year, but he is now in his junior season. He has to perform this year. I'd be more of his freshman year than sophomore year will be shown.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:49 PM
cwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
How Kristo is voted as #9 is just mind boggling to me. Mind boggling.
yeah almost as mind-boggling as Haggerty, with only 1 dominant season on his record, and not seen as well-rounded, being in ahead of the guys on today's list

Tommy Hughes may be more likely to have a notable NHL career than Haggerty, and he wont make this group's top 15

cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
yeah almost as mind-boggling as Haggerty, with only 1 dominant season on his record, and not seen as well-rounded, being in ahead of the guys on today's list

Tommy Hughes may be more likely to have a notable NHL career than Haggerty, and he wont make this group's top 15
Leslie, who is generally on the conservative side when it comes to rating prospects, graded Haggerty as a 7.0D, evidently feeling there's a lot of upside with him. Similarly, there were a number of places that published their "Top College Free Agents" lists and were pretty effusive in their praise for his game and overall potential. There are quite a few people that are high on him.

Your point is well-made though. IMO, the farther down the list you go, the farther the pendulum swings towards "upside" and away from "safe bet." A guy like Haggerty may have a lot of question marks, but so does everyone once you break out of the top handful of guys. With that in mind, lots of people would choose the upside guy over the steady, "boring" defenseman who is probably more likely to have a successful professional career.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Tommy Hughes is steady, but I am not seeing any one quality that leads him to the NHL. He may develop it, but nothing special yet. He's like Allen, but a little worse across the board, so not really there yet.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 06:00 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

add St. Croix. I still believe. Seems like he had a decent 1st pro season, even if it was at the ECHL level. Hopefully he makes the needed summer adjustments and can raise his game to the next level (AHL i presume). He's only 21 and such a baby face still.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote