HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A clip to pump us up for the play-offs..then(1994) and now

Old
04-05-2007, 11:59 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
A clip to pump us up for the play-offs..then(1994) and now

Click--> 1994 run, hopefully 2007 has the same result. Lets make 2007 a year thats puts 1994 way behind us.

Do you believe? I do. You got the recipees IMO. You got the guy in net who is HUNGRY, the guy who wants to win a cup badly in NY in Jagr, the same thing messier wanted and promised to do when he became a Ranger. The guy who believed this team is a contender in Shanny and using that reason to join our Rangers bringing superb leadership with him, the same was said by Matt Cullen. Ryan Callahan can smell it, he wants a piece of it. The kid has lived his entire life to play for lord stanley.He is living his dream. Lets not forget the guy who turned our season around, his name is Esa Tik...umm..I mean Sean Avery.

You have the bluecollars who do all the little things, who give up their bodies in regular season games therfore what makes you think the ortmeyers(Matteau) and the betts'(Greg Gilbert) will not put the same effort knowing that stanley is on the line.

Defense? You got hungry youth in Girardi, Tyutin. In 94 we had Leetch and Zubov as the hungry 1-2 youth punch. We have the mobility in our back end which got even better with the Paul Mara aquisition.

It's there for the taking, now it's up to the players who wear this jersey to pour their hearts out for what everyone in the hockey world plays for, lives to win and cherishes for the rest of their lives.

LETS GO RANGERS.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 12:11 AM
ThirdEye

Too soon, too soon dude. I'm loving the enthusiasm though, and I truly believe this team can compete with the best on any given day the way they are playing. Just bring your heart and some common sense to every playoff game and anything is possible

Thanks for the video btw. Great memories

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 12:14 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Too soon, too soon dude. I'm loving the enthusiasm though, and I truly believe this team can compete with the best on any given day the way they are playing. Just bring your heart and some common sense to every playoff game and anything is possible

Thanks for the video btw. Great memories
Not a problem. This thread isn't claiming anything. Its purpose is to let us all know that we need to believe and in doing so we need to go to the garden and support our troops day in and out. Lets rock the garden like never before. How do you think Edmonton went that far? They rode off the energy of their fans, that place was ridicioulusy loud throughout the play-offs and I felt bad for the road team.

Old
04-06-2007, 01:00 AM
GratefulDead

Will we ever find defensemen with such an amazing offensive touch like Leetch or Zubov??

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:06 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
Will we ever find defensemen with such an amazing offensive touch like Leetch or Zubov??
Good question...The guy was something else. One season he had 102 points, as a fricken d-men!

I dont know why we ever let go of Zubov. That one I dont understand. He's like a schnieder, gets better as he ages.

For what it's worth, Michal Rozsival leads our d-men in points with 40. That's a career high for him and isn't bad for a d-men. IMO a d-men with 35 or more points in this day and age should be considered somewhat offensive. Not a bad ball-park.

I think Rachunek can be another offensive threat from the bacline when he's healthy. i think he's one of the better skating d-men we have. He has that burst of speed that can back up an opponent.

Last edited by hpNYR: 04-06-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old
04-06-2007, 01:24 AM
GratefulDead

I really hope Marc Staal develops into a Brian Leetch. Pair him with somebody like Girardi and you have possibly the best future d pair in the nhl.

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:27 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
I really hope Marc Staal develops into a Brian Leetch. Pair him with somebody like Girardi and you have possibly the best future d pair in the nhl.
Renney said he thinks the future holds a Girardi-Tyutin Pairing.

Let Michael Sauer be Staals partner.

Old
04-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

man, sometimes you just have to sit back and marvel at the skill Brian Leetch had.

the guy was just amazing.

AWESOME AWESOME vid man.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Marc Staal doesnt have 1/10th the skill that Leetch had, Sanguinetti might be the guy.

A Staal Sanguinetti pair, if they live up to their potential will rival anything this club has ever had.

Old
04-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Marc Staal doesnt have 1/10th the skill that Leetch had, Sanguinetti might be the guy.
LOL. More like Sanguinetti has 1/10th the skill of Staal.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:47 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
awww man, that avatar is PRICELESS!!

Old
04-06-2007, 03:13 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
lol lets just say the future malikless blueline lookes good.

But theres no way that staal will be a leetch. Staal is a shutdown guy not a scorer.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 03:57 AM

I Come In Peace

Although I still really wish for my Leafs to make the playoffs, I wish to congratulate you guys on a post-season birth. I just watched your clip and it really makes you appreciate players like Leetch and Messier. I really hope I get to see something like this in my lifetime as a Leaf Fan. Good luck in the playoffs and if we don't make it I'm blaming you guys!!!

But really I just don't want the Canadiens in if we aren't... even if it means the Isles get in!

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
im talking offensive skill. not all around game.

Old
04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I love that image of Brodeur sitting in the net after Matteu scores the series winning goal.

And I STILL get goose bumps watching Richter stuff Bure on the penalty shot.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 05:07 PM
LeetchIsGod2

Send a message via AIM to LeetchIsGod2
i dont think we will ever see another Brian Leetch To be honest guys he was so good at so many things and he could set up a goal scoring play like no one else and dont even get me started on his coasts to coasts def one of the top 5 d men to ever play the game imo

LeetchIsGod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 06:41 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Raycroft1 View Post
Although I still really wish for my Leafs to make the playoffs, I wish to congratulate you guys on a post-season birth. I just watched your clip and it really makes you appreciate players like Leetch and Messier. I really hope I get to see something like this in my lifetime as a Leaf Fan. Good luck in the playoffs and if we don't make it I'm blaming you guys!!!

But really I just don't want the Canadiens in if we aren't... even if it means the Isles get in!
Thanks for the props. Hopefully you guys find a way to pull it out.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Fletch

Yeah....

good luck to the Leafs! I actually do not care who makes it (almost want the Isles to because I think they're the more exciting team to watch), but in any event, it's been a great, and I mean great, stretch run, and it's exciting that the last spot comes down to the last game.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote