HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jackets Miss Playoffs By a Point...

Old
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
db2011

vCash: 500
Playoffs, no question. These guys have worked too hard and achieved too much to play games to get a potential star. And can we stop with this, please? It's like every year we're asking what would be better, a near miss or early exit or the high pick. Let's support good hockey and cheer on our guys busting their ***** out there and root for them to achieve the things they want to achieve- which is not a hight draft pick.

And the "miss by one point" thing is a copout. Just say lose in the first round or win the draft lottery. Because my guess is the OP would rather win the lottery than make playoffs. Rah rah

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
And the "miss by one point" thing is a copout. Just say lose in the first round or win the draft lottery. Because my guess is the OP would rather win the lottery than make playoffs. Rah rah
It's kind of a crappy topic - no offense intended towards Espen. I was kind of surprised about the "perfect situation" and this whole set us up for years thing.

We should be beyond hoping for lottery picks at this point.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 08:43 PM
db2011

Every team in the league would have loved Crosby, and several teams have won the Cup without him.

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Every team in the league would have loved Crosby, and several teams have won the Cup without him.
This.

Both have their pros, both have their cons ... but ultimately, the key is that success breeds success. Set a standard for winning and bring in a winning culture. Puck Daddy mentioned the CBJ in an article yesterday as being the 2nd best team in the Metro, and as things sit right now, that's damn hard to argue. And, with any luck, we could certainly beat the Penguins for the top seed. I think this team is that good.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
great point...as much as Joey/McJesus/Dubi would be awesome down the middle...we can win with what we have...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 10:21 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Yeah, but guys like him are catnip to the draftniks. "the ultimate prospect' is sort of like the five team trade around these parts - a mythical thing that is to be desired and pursued at all costs...

Old
07-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Well the odds are in your favor. I think the Metro will be up as a whole.
It will, the 2nd half of last season was a better indication of that division as a whole imo.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 09:10 AM
BluejacketNut

If its a guaranteed Crosby like talent you go for the pick if its the current lineup we're talking about. With the way the west is stacked right now, I think adding a Crosby like talent would give better odds of winning a future cup then the odds of us winning the cup this year.

BluejacketNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 02:51 PM
HattanJacket85

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Have you ever heard of Ryan Johansen (21), Ryan Murray (20), and Boone Jenner (21) ?

We already have 3 pieces that are set up as the core for the future. Missing the playoffs would be terrible and be a huge step back. The days of pining our hopes on teenage boys potential need to be over.
Thank You!!! I'm done with these "moral" victories. Let's get to the playoffs and do some damage. Anything less than at least a playoff series win is a failure in my book.

HattanJacket85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2014, 03:40 PM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Yeah, but guys like him are catnip to the draftniks. "the ultimate prospect' is sort of like the five team trade around these parts - a mythical thing that is to be desired and pursued at all costs...

Last edited by SuperGenius: 07-21-2014 at 07:19 PM.
cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Forepar

Not acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
with this young squad they won't accept it either. I like where this team is & think we have the players that will not accept this scenario
This.

Forepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:18 PM
EspenK

Thought I'd revisit this thread. Making the playoffs now looks like a long shot. Pretty much would have to go 6-3-1 every 10 games (37-18-6 for the rest of the season) to finish with 94 points.

Do you prefer a rally to say 86-90 points that would probably land a 12-14th pick or would you rather see the disaster continue and wind up with one of the top 3? McDavid, Eichel or Hanifin?

Put me down for if we are going to miss, let's miss big time and snag one of the three. Not suggesting tanking just saying that that would be the preferred outcome in my mind.

Get healthy, shake up the roster with a trade or two, add a blue chipper in the draft and move forward next year.

EspenK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:22 PM
vogeezy
Dangle, Snipe, Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Thought I'd revisit this thread. Making the playoffs now looks like a long shot. Pretty much would have to go 6-3-1 every 10 games (37-18-6 for the rest of the season) to finish with 94 points.

Do you prefer a rally to say 86-90 points that would probably land a 12-14th pick or would you rather see the disaster continue and wind up with one of the top 3? McDavid, Eichel or Hanifin?

Put me down for if we are going to miss, let's miss big time and snag one of the three. Not suggesting tanking just saying that that would be the preferred outcome in my mind.

Get healthy, shake up the roster with a trade or two, add a blue chipper in the draft and move forward next year.
Kinda in the same boat, feels bad to say this but hopefully if we continue to suck we stay near the bottem 3 than when the deadline comes we can trade someone and get a lot from them maybe futures or picks

vogeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:24 PM
vogeezy
Dangle, Snipe, Celly

Just have a feeling jackets get around the 8-10 OA pick next year.. Not bad enough to be lower than the Sabres, not good enough to make the playoffs either

vogeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:25 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post

As much as I hate saying it, I agree. Send Wennberg down for the rest of the season, as well as Erixon. Let them see big minutes and establish the winning attitude and gain chemistry with Dano and Rychel. Trade Anisimov, Atkinson and the two seconds for a top line player(not top 6, but top line) and retool and pray we win the lottery or are bad enough that if we lose we still land Eichel or Hanafin.

But that's best case scenario, likely we will start winning enough games that we will finish in the 10-15 range and miss out on the franchise changing players and will have to wait 2-3 years to actually develop some 1st rd players

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 11:34 PM
major major

Well, if its any consolation, with the new lottery format it's not like you have to be awful to have a chance at McDavid. There's about a 50% chance that a team better than 4th last will get McDavid. In the dreaded 8-10 range you still have about a 5% chance at him.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote