HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | Habs @ Rangers | April 5th | 7:05

Old
04-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Congrats on clinching the playoffs Ranger fans!!

FireSather can now celebrate.
Thank you Lobo. Heres to a Rangers/Stars cup and a Mudbugs championship!

Hire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Thank you Lobo. Heres to a Rangers/Stars cup and a Mudbugs championship!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaamen

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 06:09 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Yea, I saw one guy call New Yorkers "Animals", among other things. I guess the mods over there thinks its ok to refer to a human being as an Animal. Makes me feel even better about watching those poutine lovers leave MSG with there tails between there legs last night.
Some of them are Animals. I was in Section 412 for the game, near a huge Montreal fans contingent. All they did was cheer for their team. For this they were subjected to cursing (including the kids).

One moron in my section stole a bandana off one kid's head and taunted him the whole game. My friend had to convince me that it wasn't worth it to fight with this drunken piece of human trash but if it had come to that I was on the Montreal fan's side.

I realize that every crowd has their scum.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 06:45 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Congrats on the win and the playoffs. Thanks for the W. Hopefully we cna get in too. That would be great for Metro hockey, all 3 teams. Anyway, good luck the rest of the year.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 07:22 AM
SPG

Great stuff! I'm proud of this team... and a great series of moves leading up to the deadline...

Two playoff years in a row... been too long.

"WE WANT THE CUP!!!"

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:15 AM
RFAN

We want the cup!
We want the Cup!
We Want The Cup!
WE WANT THE CUP!

Ok, a win would be nice.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Way to go FLYLINE!!!!!!

YOU and NO ONE else make the GDT on Saturday!!!
That's for sure. Any GDT by anyone other than FLY will be deleted!

04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Plato

vCash: 100000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51 View Post
Very solid defensively, he made that one last great block with his stick and the Montreal guy's shot went deflected away. Did not look out of place. Hell, Tyutin injured is probably better then Strudwick + Pock + Rachunek and Malik combined. He took a couple great point shots, most were low and hard.
very good to hear

Plato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Renney should never sit Prucha again
He sat Prucha and the kid got rest, it was a smart move and will benefit us by having a rested healthy lineup to start the playoffs. Renney and crew have done a great job with this team this last month, major credit is well deserved.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Renney was pretty public and vocal as to why Prucha was benched...he expected a physical game out of the Islanders, which was odd considering their enforcer, Simon, was out of the lineup. There was no message to be sent other than you can't handle the lay in tough games. Great message to send...
He keeps pushing Prucha to be a better player, sorry Fletch I agree with Frank.

Old
04-06-2007, 10:06 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He keeps pushing Prucha to be a better player, sorry Fletch I agree with Frank.
I just think Renney outsmarted himself. He expected fireworks which never came. Prucha being motivated was an unintended bonus. I don't think he's been as irresponsible with Prucha as some claim, since I thin Prucha sometimes has needed to see the game from the skybox, as young, defensively-challenged forwards sometimes do. But, Renney overthought that last benching, IMO.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:10 AM
JLand

There were Habs fans everywhere last night. It was nuts, I thought the game would have been sold out a long time ago it being the jerseys off night and all. There were probably at least 2 sections full of Habs fans.

JLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Lundqvist gets the hot chick!
My friend and I were hysterical when we saw her come out. We were like, hmm, nice, wonder if she'll get Lundqvist's jersey, and sure enough....

Old
04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
J-Dawg

Last night's game & atmosphere at MSG was simply amazing...

WE WANT THE CUP!!!

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Some of them are Animals. I was in Section 412 for the game, near a huge Montreal fans contingent. All they did was cheer for their team. For this they were subjected to cursing (including the kids).

One moron in my section stole a bandana off one kid's head and taunted him the whole game. My friend had to convince me that it wasn't worth it to fight with this drunken piece of human trash but if it had come to that I was on the Montreal fan's side.

I realize that every crowd has their scum.
Those sections especially, 409 is pretty bad.

Old
04-06-2007, 10:27 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I just think Renney outsmarted himself. He expected fireworks which never came. Prucha being motivated was an unintended bonus. I don't think he's been as irresponsible with Prucha as some claim, since I thin Prucha sometimes has needed to see the game from the skybox, as young, defensively-challenged forwards sometimes do. But, Renney overthought that last benching, IMO.
I agree. I, however, don't see big deal there. Nor I can see big deal in Prucha scoring last night (although I'm glad it went in off his slapper). The shot was nothing special, Halak was just caught asleep... Dubiliewicz would definitely not allow anything like that should Petr play against him Tue.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I just don't think it was a big deal to pull Petr out of that game. His slight frame could use the rest. Unintended...hmm...maybe. Remember, he flamed out at the end of last season, and I don't think his goal scoring was missed Tuesday as much as some make it out to be.

Old
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I agree. I, however, don't see big deal there. Nor I can see big deal in Prucha scoring last night (although I'm glad it went in off his slapper). The shot was nothing special, Halak was just caught asleep... Dubiliewicz would definitely not allow anything like that should Petr play against him Tue.
This is why i put very little stock in your analysis.

The shot was hard quick and a bit unexpected, I give Prucha major props for doing what fans have been asking - put the puck on the net, nice and hard.

Old
04-06-2007, 10:48 AM
in the hall

so did anyone else enjoy all that hot canadian jail bait up in sections 416 and 415??

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
so did anyone else enjoy all that hot canadian jail bait up in sections 416 and 415??
I was at a bar with friends and our whole conversation stopped when they showed them on MSG.

Old
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
94now

Quote:
This is why i put very little stock in your analysis.
Oh, please. There is nothing to argue. You post is just a copy of mine.
Quote:
The shot was hard quick and a bit unexpected, I give Prucha major props for doing what fans have been asking - put the puck on the net, nice and hard.
The only difference is the shot assessment. The shot was neither quick or hard. The only unexpected part was that it accurately hit the net and it came from the player that has practically never slap shoots. Prucha's shot is a wrister. Shooting accuracy is the area Petr has to work on hard over the summer in particular. He knows that. That is why he was so happy to score from the distance (me too), although the intention of such shot was to create the rebound. No one hopes to beat NHL goalie from the point with no screen. I put very little into fans judgment, most don't know what they are talking about. Players have to do what coaches tell them. Coaches that tell players to shoot after blue line is crossed or dump when red line is behind belong to High School level. So do most of the fans.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
Ha I was sitting too far away to see how they looked but it was crazy they had two whole sections. Must have been a sad busride back.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Oh, please. There is nothing to argue. You post is just a copy of mine.

The only difference is the shot assessment. The shot was neither quick or hard. The only unexpected part was that it accurately hit the net and it came from the player that has practically never slap shoots. Prucha's shot is a wrister. Shooting accuracy is the area Petr has to work on hard over the summer in particular. He knows that. That is why he was so happy to score from the distance (me too), although the intention of such shot was to create the rebound. No one hopes to beat NHL goalie from the point with no screen. I put very little into fans judgment, most don't know what they are talking about. Players have to do what coaches tell them. Coaches that tell players to shoot after blue line is crossed or dump when red line is behind belong to High School level. So do most of the fans.
I played US juniors and was recruited by Division 1 schools, but yeah, you are always right.

The fact that you never have any humility just makes you come off slimey. Good day sir.

Old
04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
I played US juniors and was recruited by Division 1 schools, but yeah, you are always right.

The fact that you never have any humility just makes you come off slimey. Good day sir.
Hit the nail on the head, dude!

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
chosen

Quote:
Those sections especially, 409 is pretty bad.
Put a beer or seven in some folks and they think they have the right to behave like aholes. I was hoping one of the Canadian fans would smack him around but most were kids.

Garden Security did their usual bang up job. When the kid complained to the Security Guard the guard told the kid to leave. Wouldn't have minded the guard taking one off his chrome dome either.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote