HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | Habs @ Rangers | April 5th | 7:05

Old
04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Put a beer or seven in some folks and they think they have the right to behave like aholes. I was hoping one of the Canadian fans would smack him around but most were kids.

Garden Security did their usual bang up job. When the kid complained to the Security Guard the guard told the kid to leave. Wouldn't have minded the guard taking one off his chrome dome either.
Unbelievable.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I played US juniors and was recruited by Division 1 schools,
Ok, then I change "high school" to US Juniors (which is much higher level, great for you, I didn't go beyond HS). If you think that College Hockey is as same as NHL then there's no reason to jump on me hard. I will disagree anyway. On higher levels Dump-and-Run as well as Shoot-and-Crush approach just not effective. The TGO was the one of the first who perfected the new tactic used by Euro clubs (and Sather allowed it while in Edmonton) that based the advancement of the puck on constant localized two-on-one breakdowns. In this scheme the defender is made to commit a defensive move towards attacker and puck is passed to partner and the retrieved back. Sounds pretty simple, but it is more complex in reality.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Ok, then I change "high school" to US Juniors (which is much higher level, great for you, I didn't go beyond HS). If you think that College Hockey is as same as NHL then there's no reason to jump on me hard. I will disagree anyway. On higher levels Dump-and-Run as well as Shoot-and-Crush approach just not effective. The TGO was the one of the first who perfected the new tactic used by Euro clubs (and Sather allowed it while in Edmonton) that based the advancement of the puck on constant localized two-on-one breakdowns. In this scheme the defender is made to commit a defensive move towards attacker and puck is passed to partner and the retrieved back. Sounds pretty simple, but it is more complex in reality.
Thats exactly the point i was trying to make with you.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Ha I was sitting too far away to see how they looked but it was crazy they had two whole sections. Must have been a sad busride back.
they were hot as hell and not just like one or two of them, i know i wasn't the only one that kept looking back

i tried to take a couple pictures with my phone but it kept coming out blurry

they were really annoying though with all those chants. i do give them credit for having such a large group and being fairly tolerable otherwise

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I was at a bar with friends and our whole conversation stopped when they showed them on MSG.
thats really cool that they actually put them on msg.. before the game i was down right behind the rangers bench and they were some of the first people in the building and were loud from even before. they deserved that air time

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
WheresBarnaby

In case anyone still doesn't know, yahoo sports is THE place to go for in game pics

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/nyr/photos

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
In case anyone still doesn't know, yahoo sports is THE place to go for in game pics

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/nyr/photos
Great pics

Henke in the crease from above

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I actually was one of the chosen to get a jersey off the players back yesterday....I was hoping i would get him and I did..Callahan. Spoke to him a bit, congradulated him on a great start to his NHL career. He was real cool, me and him are the same age so we both talked like how people talk on the street (you know...no holds bar... cursing allowed in a conversation, lol).

Told him i've been following him from his Storm days and he was pretty shocked when I told him there was a lot of others Ranger fans following him as well.

Real good guy overall...down to earth, not full of himself or thinks he's better then "non pro" players.. if he stays on the team(Which he ****ing better Glen!), I could easily see him being the captain of the team down the road. Plays like Orts but with more skill to make him into the captain.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:46 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I actually was one of the chosen to get a jersey off the players back yesterday....I was hoping i would get him and I did..Callahan. Spoke to him a bit, congradulated him on a great start to his NHL career. He was real cool, me and him are the same age so we both talked like how people talk on the street (you know...no holds bar... cursing allowed in a conversation, lol).

Told him i've been following him from his Storm days and he was pretty shocked when I told him there was a lot of others Ranger fans following him as well.

Real good guy overall...down to earth, not full of himself or thinks he's better then "non pro" players.. if he stays on the team(Which he ****ing better Glen!), I could easily see him being the captain of the team down the road. Plays like Orts but with more skill to make him into the captain.
That's awesome!!! I watched the "Blueshirts off our Backs" ceremony with half-interest because I was flipping to other channels after the game ended, but if I had known one of HF's very own was going to be there, I would have watched the whole thing.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
That's awesome!!! I watched the "Blueshirts off our Backs" ceremony with half-interest because I was flipping to other channels after the game ended, but if I had known one of HF's very own was going to be there, I would have watched the whole thing.
If i had known they were gonna choose me I definitely would have let everyone know....they told me mid way through the first period though.

Old
04-06-2007, 09:18 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
If i had known they were gonna choose me I definitely would have let everyone know....they told me mid way through the first period though.
Oh, what did they do, just pick random fans by seat number, or did you have to be part of some club? I remember last year, they not only announced the people's names, but also their hometown, and one of the people was from my town, but I didn't know the person. But it was cool anyway.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Oh, what did they do, just pick random fans by seat number, or did you have to be part of some club? I remember last year, they not only announced the people's names, but also their hometown, and one of the people was from my town, but I didn't know the person. But it was cool anyway.
Yeah, I was also wondering how they pick the fans? FLY, are you a season ticket holder? Sweet to get a game worn Callahan jersey...good stuff!

And how did the montreal fans get two sections worth of seats for the final game of the season????

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, I was also wondering how they pick the fans? FLY, are you a season ticket holder? Sweet to get a game worn Callahan jersey...good stuff!

And how did the montreal fans get two sections worth of seats for the final game of the season????
I'd like to know this as well. Especially since Ticketmaster had tickets available for this game about 3 weeks ago and then one day they all suddenly were sold.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 12:24 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

They randomly picked 25 season ticket holders.

There was a bunch of rows of all Hab fans...I spoke to one of the groups and they said they had bought the tickets months in advance...im sure that's pretty much all of them got them, just buying them in advance.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 04-07-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old
04-07-2007, 12:35 AM
mucker*

Here's what I don't understand, the Rangers sell out every game so how come it appears that tickets are still available and on game day?
Isn't that a contradiction, usually when you sell out all yoru games it is virtually impossible for teams other than your own to get tickets and invade your arena, why is it then when MON or TOR are here they get their hands?

Also, was it just a few sections of Habs fans, and how many fans are in a section or do they hold, a hundread or more?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 12:41 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappingstinger View Post
Here's what I don't understand, the Rangers sell out every game so how come it appears that tickets are still available and on game day?
Isn't that a contradiction, usually when you sell out all yoru games it is virtually impossible for teams other than your own to get tickets and invade your arena, why is it then when MON or TOR are here they get their hands?

Also, was it just a few sections of Habs fans, and how many fans are in a section or do they hold, a hundread or more?
Sometimes the visiting team releases tickets that they won't be using. Those then become available for purchase, generally within a couple days of the event.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 12:47 AM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Sometimes the visiting team releases tickets that they won't be using. Those then become available for purchase, generally within a couple days of the event.
Ah, because in baseball the Red Sox sell out every game but they do the same thing, release tickets on gameday.
I suppose if these aren't sold since the visiting team gets them alloted, they aren't counted against the team as being unsold if not bought?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 03:37 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

No mention of McDonald:....

"The Rangers left me with a challenge....live. So I'll leave them with a challenge....win!"

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 04:08 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
AV-ERY

AV-ERY

AV-ERY

What a blessing this guy has been.
Shoulda let he and Bouillon fight...they had the helmets off and were ready to go....annoying

Old
04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Gotta get my say in since I didn't comment...

so short and sweet: Playoffs 2007...as Renney said...now it's time to finish 6th!