HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 CBJ Offseason Thread III (All proposals, "blog" rumors, speculation in here)

Old
07-11-2014, 08:55 AM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
I might be one of few who thinks this, but I kinda don't see Jenner ever moving back to center permanently. I think he'd be better utilized as a top 6 winger than he would be if he played 3rd line center (even if we somehow moved on from Anisimov and Dubinsky, I still see Wennberg as filling in behind Joey over Jenner.. Dano would be a better fit for 3C than Jenner, I think, down the line)
No, you aren't the only one. I have been saying that too. Jenner is better as a LW if you ask me.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:05 AM
EspenK

I'd be surprised if Jenner moves back to center. Hopefully we have Joey,Wennberg & Dubi (am I forgetting someone? ) down the middle for a long time.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:20 AM
thebus2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Once while taking a bus to the airport in Boston, these two teenage said like, like a 100 times before I quit counting. OMG, they were, like so not ready, for the NHL either.

And to keep the controversy alive, I don't get the utter disdain for THINKING not advocating, that Anisimov could be a logical trade candidate sometime after this season. There are several reasons-
1)cap room
2)roster space
3)a possible overabundance of centers if Wennberg lives up to expectations
Ok why Anisimov and not Letestu?

You guys keep talking about making room because of an "overabundance" of forwards, well what about the defense? Who's the top candidate for you guys to move in the next year with Reilly and Heatherington making the move to go pro? We have Erixon and Golobeuf who both seem ready for regular NHL time along with Murray and Savard having the need for ice time to grow. Prout is the easy answer but I think he should be left out as he fills a "role" that the others cant. As I've learned in the Boll talks though I'm sure many of you don't realize his actual value or role. So that leaves us with Johnson, Tyutin and Wisniewski. I wish I knew the exact wording of the NMC/NTC they had in their contracts. Should we be "looking into the possibility" of trading Jack Johnson?

But let me guess, we can only talk about moving Anisimov, Foligno OR EVEN Brandon Dubinsky if these guys are asking for 4, 5, or even god forbid SIX MILLION dollars. Every reason that I was told was wrong to try to move Wiz(other than him being a complete liability in our own zone, as a DEFENSEMAN) have now been shown as reasons to "THINK ABOUT" moving Anisimov, Foligno, our should be captain Dubinsky, and Boll.

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:29 AM
thebus2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
We'll need to wait til training camp to really see. I think he's definitely got the size for it, though. Just a matter of proving he deserves a center spot over Anisimov or maybe Dubinsky. I don't mention Letestu or Johansen for the obvious reasons.
I get Johansen. But what are the obvious reasons for not bringing up Letestu? Anisimov can do anything just as good or better than Letestu. Is the 2 mil cap difference that big of an issue??

And why couldn't Wennberg play on the 4th line or get 4th line minutes? We've had most of our young guys that are on the team now see lots of time lower in the lineup to start. Our other centers are responsible defensively, we wouldn't need him for that.

Old
07-11-2014, 09:42 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 161
Do you guys have a need for top-4 (2nd pairing) RHD? The way I see it:

Johnson - Wisniewski
Murray - XXX
Tyutin - Savard
Prout

If so, would Artem Anisimov for Jeff Petry trade make sense for both parties?

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
IMO, "the possibility of trading Anisimov" doesn't make sense on its face. He's too important to the team. You can engage in these fantasy GM mental exercises, but I wouldn't confuse them with making sense.

In a vacuum, the possibility of trading lots of guys "for the right return" is valid. But talk of trading a guy who contributes a lot to the team because of a prospect deserves scrutiny. Maybe I'm wrong but the discussion surrounding trading Anisimov seems to center (ahem) on Wennberg's displacing him, and I prefer to wait on that. Wennberg is still a prospect.
The 'wait for Wennberg' thing has been posed and answered. The 'Anisimov is a good player' has been asked an answered.

I like Anisimov. I'd be happy to have him on the Jackets for years to come. But it also might come to pass that trading him is a better option. It's not complicated or far-fetched.

Old
07-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post

Johnson - Wisniewski
Murray - XXX
Tyutin - Savard
Prout

what's being added to Petry? one for one? no...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 09:55 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
Ok why Anisimov and not Letestu?

You guys keep talking about making room because of an "overabundance" of forwards, well what about the defense? Who's the top candidate for you guys to move in the next year with Reilly and Heatherington making the move to go pro? We have Erixon and Golobeuf who both seem ready for regular NHL time along with Murray and Savard having the need for ice time to grow. Prout is the easy answer but I think he should be left out as he fills a "role" that the others cant. As I've learned in the Boll talks though I'm sure many of you don't realize his actual value or role. So that leaves us with Johnson, Tyutin and Wisniewski. I wish I knew the exact wording of the NMC/NTC they had in their contracts. Should we be "looking into the possibility" of trading Jack Johnson?

But let me guess, we can only talk about moving Anisimov, Foligno OR EVEN Brandon Dubinsky if these guys are asking for 4, 5, or even god forbid SIX MILLION dollars. Every reason that I was told was wrong to try to move Wiz(other than him being a complete liability in our own zone, as a DEFENSEMAN) have now been shown as reasons to "THINK ABOUT" moving Anisimov, Foligno, our should be captain Dubinsky, and Boll.
Why Anisimov rather than Letestu?

He'd bring a better return
He'd cost more to keep
He would be taking up a spot that Wennberg could fill and no I don't think Wennberg is destined for 4th line duty

I wouldn't be surprised to see Letestu traded or D-Mac'd . Again someone has to go to make room for the young guys who will hopefully make the team better in the long run.

And I could see Foligno going too if he wants too much or too long a term-again room will need to be made for the young guys. We can't keep everyone's favorite for the next 6 4-6 years. It just isn't going to happen.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
what's being added to Petry? one for one? no...
I'd say Anisimov and Petry have pretty much exactly the same value. Wouldn't be broken up about that trade at all. We'd need to move a defenseman though. But I think Petry would fit well here.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Fair nuff...I am not that high on him i guess...

Old
07-11-2014, 10:59 AM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post

Johnson - Wisniewski
Murray - XXX
Tyutin - Savard
Prout

We have a bigger need for Arty as a middle six C than we do for a second pair RHD. Savard/Golo/Wiz/Prout are a good right side, although a bit young and more importantly none of them are really top pair yet.

We need 1) a #1D (you have none.) 2) a top line winger (you have 3).

We could move Arty and have Letestu/Wennberg handle his spot, but it would be a downgrade at #2/3C for the next couple years, so we could only do it if we have an appreciable upgrade at top line wing or get a #1D.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

I think it's great that we are looking at heading into the season with Joey-Dubi-Arty-Letestu down the middle. It's up to Wennberg to force management to make room for him, but I'm in no rush to trade Arty until he does.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Xoggz22

I don't see anyone promoting moving AA but rather indicating that in the event Wennberg is ready or the CBJ feels Jenner could play C Arty offer high value that could improve the team in another area. I, for one, don't want to trade him and am glad we have the depth but I would support moving him if the others demonstrate similar ability with higher upside AND we get something in return to improve the team.

as for Letestu, I can see him also being moved or not re-signed given the apparent depth of young centers. However, as we discuss moving vets we need to be sure the locker room balance and leadership is supported. Having 4 lines with solid centers is very rare and the CBJ appear to be building that. Flexibility and value. A good thing to have.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 02:57 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I'd say Anisimov and Petry have pretty much exactly the same value. Wouldn't be broken up about that trade at all. We'd need to move a defenseman though. But I think Petry would fit well here.
Only concern is he would be a UFA next Summer. Would be bummed if we traded Anisimov for 1 year of service from Petry. Even though Anisimov would be a UFA in 2 years.

I know a lot of us loves Foligno(including me) but would you package up Anisimov and Foligno together? What would it get us? Can it get us a top 6 player like Eberle or Perron? Or not worth it/not a good enough package to land a top 6? Some guy I work with(Nucks fan) thinks it would only get a borderline top 6 forward.

Last edited by punk_o_holic: 07-12-2014 at 04:44 AM.
punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 07:49 AM
cbjfaninmo
Jarmo von Raschke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
I think it's great that we are looking at heading into the season with Joey-Dubi-Arty-Letestu down the middle. It's up to Wennberg to force management to make room for him, but I'm in no rush to trade Arty until he does.
I agree. Unless JK can pounce on someone because of cap issues, I now think it makes more sense for Jarmo to see if any of the young guys force his hand. If they don't, let them develop. Having depth is a thing of beauty.

cbjfaninmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 11:39 AM
vogeezy
Boll for a 7th

Who is the next captain and when... JMFJ and Duby are top canids yes but who will get the c next? Are they wanting younger guys like Joey Murray or Boone to be a c?

vogeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 11:56 AM
vogeezy
Boll for a 7th

To Blues
Boll (600k retained)
2016 3rd

For

To CBJ
Paajarvi

Cbj get rid of boll and get a depth guy who can score. Also sweedish so wennberg when he comes up could possibly get him going. Younger than boll also. Thoughts?

vogeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:18 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeezy View Post
To Blues
Boll (600k retained)
2016 3rd

For

To CBJ
Paajarvi

Cbj get rid of boll and get a depth guy who can score. Also sweedish so wennberg when he comes up could possibly get him going. Younger than boll also. Thoughts?
Ive wanted paarjarvi for a long time as i think he'd fit perfectly in our system. With that being said i dont think that gets it done.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Doug19

someone buy this guy a copy of EHM 07, he needs something to occupy his time.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:37 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
I get Johansen. But what are the obvious reasons for not bringing up Letestu? Anisimov can do anything just as good or better than Letestu. Is the 2 mil cap difference that big of an issue??

And why couldn't Wennberg play on the 4th line or get 4th line minutes? We've had most of our young guys that are on the team now see lots of time lower in the lineup to start. Our other centers are responsible defensively, we wouldn't need him for that.
You could start out Wennberg as a 4th liner, but he probably won't be there for very long.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:43 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Only concern is he would be a UFA next Summer. Would be bummed if we traded Anisimov for 1 year of service from Petry. Even though Anisimov would be a UFA in 2 years.

I know a lot of us loves Foligno(including me) but would you package up Anisimov and Foligno together? What would it get us? Can it get us a top 6 player like Eberle or Perron? Or not worth it/not a good enough package to land a top 6? Some guy I work with(Nucks fan) thinks it would only get a borderline top 6 forward.
I think Anisimov + Foligno would get us either Eberle or Perron IF Foligno is signed first to something <$5m. I would have some rather complicated feelings on the subject, but the logic of it is sound.

Oh and for Pete's sakes Foligno and Anisimov ARE second line forwards. They had 39 points last year (Foligno in only 70 games). The 90-180th top scoring forwards scored between 32 and 48 points.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:45 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeezy View Post
To Blues
Boll (600k retained)
2016 3rd

For

To CBJ
Paajarvi

Boll is a negative asset. Stop this idea that you can just slip them away when you don't want them.

If you want Paajarvi, a 2nd or 3rd should do it all by itself.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

next captain...Boone in 2 years...

Old
07-12-2014, 03:25 PM
thebus2288

What do you guys think a Jenner+Wisniewski package would get us??

Frankly at this point I see Horton as a mistake. I understand he got hurt and was never close to 100%, but at times he looked just above Umberger on my personal "impact scale". I love Jenner, I really do. But I think you guys are showing him too much love. If anybody has a chance to regress a bit next year its him. Most of you see him as a top line winger for the next 10 or so years. I'm not saying that's not possible, but I have a problem with these same people claiming guys like Foligno or Calvert are ideal 3rd liners on a good team. I understand he's younger so that gives him room to grow. But last year Foligno and Calvert had a bigger impact on our team than Jenner. The HARD stats agree with me. And its not as if they're THAT much older than him. Foligno is 25. One of the more overlooked situations these last playoffs was Nick being hurt. I truly believe that if he were close to full health we win that 1st series no question. I think his overall impact is wildly underestimated by a lot of you.

The way this team is built or being built is that depth(3 defensively responsible scoring lines) is our strong point. Our "top" line wont be as good as most other "top" lines BUT out "3rd" line WILL be better than most other "3rd" lines. Trading these guys away for players like Eberle or Perron or Taylor Hall for all I care wouldn't make us a better TEAM. We'd just have a "better" 1st line.

Some of you guys need to quit about the not being a cap team. The cap hits are always a factor in building a team.

Old
07-12-2014, 03:34 PM
thebus2288

And say whatever you want about needing more skill players **** and that hard working guys only get you so far. In the past our team was built with skill guys AND hard workers, not its being built with guys who are both skilled AND work hard. That's what Jenner, Foligno, Calvert, Anisimov, Dubi all are. Now that were doing it the right way you guys want to go back and bring in more "skill".

There's a reason some of us were so excited about the Nash trade. We were told at the time that we lost the 4 for 1 trade. Now its popular thought that Brandon Dubinsky is more valuable than Rick Nash. Just think about that for a second. Can you imagine people saying that 2 years ago. And how much has either player changed since then? IMO not much at all really. Public opinion was wrong, Howson was right.