HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nsh - mtl

Old
07-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Oleg Petrov

vCash: 500
Nsh - mtl

To NSH: Rene Bourque ($3.3 cap) & Travis Moen ($1.85 cap) (owed $8.7 over 2 seasons)

To MTL: Viktor Stalberg ($3.0 Cap) (owed $9.5 over 3 seasons)

Nashville saves term and overall dollars and gets two solid vets, while edging away from the floor. Concern here is that you've replaced one big problem with two smaller ones.

Montreal saves cap and adds a players that may flourish with a change of scenery. Concern is that they lose some leadership and depth while adding a player who may not actually be an upgrade on Bourque.

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Infinite Jest

No thanks, I'd like to see Stalberg in Laviolette's system, like you said, he may flourish with a change of scenery. The Preds don't need either of those two anyway.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 11:20 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Sure. Makes sense for Montreal, but honestly I think we could just get low picks for these two and it would be better deals.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 11:22 AM
glenngineer

Sign me up. Stalberg in another system isn't all of a sudden going to learn how to bury the puck. Amazing speed, lacks finishing skill. That's the difference between him and a guy like Kariya. You get a proven scorer in Bourque and you get some good bottom 6 play out of Moen. I like it.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Infinite Jest

Proven scorer? The same proven scorer that has 53 points in his last 166 games the past 3 seasons? Borque has been terrible the past three years, and I don't think he fits Laviolette's system at all.

Old
07-13-2014, 11:32 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
Proven scorer? The same proven scorer that has 53 points in his last 166 games the past 3 seasons? Borque has been terrible the past three years, and I don't think he fits Laviolette's system at all.
Didn't realize his numbers were that bad....lol. Oops. Doesn't change the fact that Stalberg can't finish.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Infinite Jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Didn't realize his numbers were that bad....lol. Oops. Doesn't change the fact that Stalberg can't finish.
No, it doesn't, but why replace a speedy guy that can forecheck, but can't finish for a slow guy that floats around and doesn't finish? Maybe Stalberg's speed could at least create opportunities for other players.

Old
07-13-2014, 11:49 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I'm with IJ on this one. Is like to see how Stalberg does with Lavi

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Jared Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Sign me up. Stalberg in another system isn't all of a sudden going to learn how to bury the puck. Amazing speed, lacks finishing skill. That's the difference between him and a guy like Kariya. You get a proven scorer in Bourque and you get some good bottom 6 play out of Moen. I like it.

Bourque is anything but a proven scorer, that being said if we're not clearing a lot of cap space I'd rather keep him and see if by the off chance he can continue his roll from the playoffs.

Jared Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 12:05 PM
FanHabtic*

I think Bourque and Stalberg have similar value. Bourque had a good playoffs and has provided renewed hope that he will give a damn during the regular season.

Ah, who am i kidding... I'd make this deal.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 12:29 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
No, it doesn't, but why replace a speedy guy that can forecheck, but can't finish for a slow guy that floats around and doesn't finish? Maybe Stalberg's speed could at least create opportunities for other players.
bourque is very very fast when he actually tries. hes a good player in the playoffs but doesnt seem to care about regular season

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 12:42 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
The way you described Stalberg is similar to Bourque. Bourque gets tagged with lazy / floater because he has the talent to be a difference maker (as he showed in the playoffs) but rarely has the drive.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 01:07 PM
GeauxPreds

The preds already have too many mediocre forwards and aren't anywhere close to the top of the cap. Generally I'd be on board to ship stalberg but not for 2 contracts that aren't really going to improve the team.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Gabouch

I'd rather dump Moen for a low pick

Gabouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 03:18 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
The preds already have too many mediocre forwards and aren't anywhere close to the top of the cap. Generally I'd be on board to ship stalberg but not for 2 contracts that aren't really going to improve the team.
This right here.

We need quality, not bodies.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 04:44 PM
tampa pred

Preds don't need bodies; they have limited roster spots available already. Preds need to trade depth for top end talent (like the Neal trade).

I'd also like to see Stalberg in Lavi's system. He has speed to burn. He got buried in Trotz's doghouse early, and was never able to work his way off of the 4th line.

tampa pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Habsrule

This is coming from a Habs fan. Their is no reason for Nashville to do this trade.

I can break the trade down. Stalberg I think is a better player than Bourque. Now if a playoff version of Rene Bourque played every day then Bourque would be the better player. Remember that Bourque was made a healthy scratch a bunch of times last year. Secondly I will say this as I like Moen but he overpayed at 1.8 million. Preds could just go out and sign UFA Ryan White to a one year deal at a million dollars less and he could just about do the same job.

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote