HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Col-Wsh

Old
07-14-2014, 03:16 PM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Col-Wsh

To Washington:
Duncan Siemens

To Colorado:
Mike Green

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Brian23

Green isn't gonna be traded for just a single prospect unless they're insanely high end...

Brian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 03:20 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
Green isn't gonna be traded for just a single prospect unless they're insanely high end...
He was the 11th overall a few years back, although I wouldn't call him insanely high end anymore. I just figured Washington was wanting to dump Green and I think he'd help out Colorado's back end.

Old
Halpysback*

Anything around McGinn possible?

McGinn + Siemens/Elliott for Green?

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Colorado Avalanche

Not enough from Avalanche.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
I think Avs are fine with EJ/Barrie/Redmond on the right side of defense. Green can't stay healthy these days.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Liberati0n*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
He was the 11th overall a few years back, although I wouldn't call him insanely high end anymore. I just figured Washington was wanting to dump Green and I think he'd help out Colorado's back end.
They don't have any desire or real need to dump him. Salary dumps would be Erskine or Laich, if they're tradeable.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 04:30 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
They don't have any desire or real need to dump him. Salary dumps would be Erskine or Laich, if they're tradeable.
I don't mind Laich at all, but he's not really a need for Colorado.

Old
07-14-2014, 04:35 PM
hockeyfish

Why do the Avs need Green? And how would they fit him under the cap with O'Reilly and Barrie left to sign?

hockeyfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
I don't mind Laich at all, but he's not really a need for Colorado.
Some would argue that adding Mike Green, pending UFA, as the eleventh defenseman also is not really a need for Avs.

It would also leave Avs with $3.6M in cap space to re-sign O'Reilly and Barrie. O'Reilly will at a minimum get awarded $5.5M/year by an arbitrator.

Old
07-14-2014, 05:18 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Some would argue that adding Mike Green, pending UFA, as the eleventh defenseman also is not really a need for Avs.

It would also leave Avs with $3.6M in cap space to re-sign O'Reilly and Barrie. O'Reilly will at a minimum get awarded $5.5M/year by an arbitrator.
I wouldn't be one of those some, as he wouldn't be our 11th defenseman on the depth chart, so we can say sayonara to some dead weight and see what Green can bring for a year.

Maybe I'm a little behind also, but WTF happened to all our cap space? Didn't we barely make the floor a few seasons ago even with Stastny? God damn you Brad Stuart.

Old
07-14-2014, 05:24 PM
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure

Quote:
I wouldn't be one of those some, as he wouldn't be our 11th defenseman on the depth chart, so we can say sayonara to some dead weight and see what Green can bring for a year.

Maybe I'm a little behind also, but WTF happened to all our cap space? Didn't we barely make the floor a few seasons ago even with Stastny? God damn you Brad Stuart.
Iginla (5.3m) + Briere (4m)

and raises for

Duchene (6m) + Landeskog (5.5m) + Varlamov (5.9)

that's a lot of dough

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 05:47 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Keeping in mind that we haven't seen Barrie skate since he got Matt Cooked (and he doesn't have a contract), I think there's a potential need on the right side.

If I'm the Caps, I'm looking squarely at the other guy who doesn't have a contract yet as my trade target. I also wouldn't be particularly interested in Siemens given quite a bit of organizational prospect depth at his position and what appears to be his potential. He's not a reclamation project, but he's not really developing quite as expected either.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Ceremony
If not now when

Something tells me Green has more value than someone 3 years removed from their draft that hasn't played an NHL game yet.

07-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:

I didn't mean he would be eleventh on the depth chart. Just that adding him would leave Avs with eleven NHL defenders. Avs already have ten with Barrie and Elliott and it will be a hassle to get down to eight. It's not that easy to start getting rid of players and contracts in August. Most likely you would have to make bad deals to make room for this bad signing.

The proposal makes no sense for Avs. They'll go into the season with EJ/Barrie/Redmond/Guenin/Elliott down the right side and there is no reason to think they'll add a big ticket like Green and go over the cap.

Old
07-15-2014, 02:43 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Keeping in mind that we haven't seen Barrie skate since he got Matt Cooked (and he doesn't have a contract), I think there's a potential need on the right side.

If I'm the Caps, I'm looking squarely at the other guy who doesn't have a contract yet as my trade target. I also wouldn't be particularly interested in Siemens given quite a bit of organizational prospect depth at his position and what appears to be his potential. He's not a reclamation project, but he's not really developing quite as expected either.
Barrie's skating will be fine. He's young and that was nowhere near a career ending injury.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post

My hatred for Matt Cooke would reach whole new heights if he ended Barrie's career.

Judging from how Barrie skated off the ice after the kneeing incident I'm sure he'll be fine after some rehab.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 07:55 AM
d99gr81

Quote:
To Washington:
Duncan Siemens

To Colorado:
Mike Green
The Caps are not trying to Dump Green. They are keeping him unless the right offer is made... which will be way more than this proposal and would have to include a 2c. At this point though they are keeping Green and going with Kuznetsov as 2c.

d99gr81 is offline   Reply With Quote