HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Moss allows us to trade Tommy

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Tanko

vCash: 500
Tyler Moss allows us to trade Tommy

I think this is why KLowe got Moss .Without him we needed a goalie back for Salo.Now Lowe has options.What do you think???

Old
02-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Moss=3rd string goalie, a goalie who you feel comfortable with when one of your goalie goes down with an injury and Conklin isn't ready to be a full time starter in the NHL (i hope he gets ready soon)

if Lowe can't resign salo to a pay cut (about 2 or 1.5 million) i say bye bye Salo and look at a cheap goalie to spilt time with Conklin for a year or two

cuz we all know Salo won't get anything higher than a 3rd or 4th at the deadline and with Conklin down with his broken wrist, Lowe going to ride Salo for all he's worth

Old
02-17-2004, 09:13 AM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83

cuz we all know Salo won't get anything higher than a 3rd or 4th at the deadline and with Conklin down with his broken wrist, Lowe going to ride Salo for all he's worth
that's a 3rd or 4th you otherwise wouldn't have, and you save 400K, and you are already out of the race anyways. You give Conklin a chance to start the rest of the way, and if he's still injured, then it's fun to see where Moss and Morrison/Valiquette are anyways.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:27 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
that's a 3rd or 4th you otherwise wouldn't have, and you save 400K, and you are already out of the race anyways. You give Conklin a chance to start the rest of the way, and if he's still injured, then it's fun to see where Moss and Morrison/Valiquette are anyways.
Fun?

Train accidents aren't fun!

Old
02-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Seachd

The only reason Lowe got Moss was so he could be slightly more comfortable with his backup than he was with Morrison. If they do move Salo, and they still expect to make the playoffs with Conklin, for example, they'd better find a backup better than Moss.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:41 AM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanko
I think this is why KLowe got Moss .Without him we needed a goalie back for Salo.Now Lowe has options.What do you think???
I think we needed a Conklin replacement in case he is out for an extended period of time. Whoever is backing Salo up will get to play some games and since we are still in "the hunt" (mathematically), then it makes sense to have someone with some experience for those games.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:43 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
The only reason Lowe got Moss was so he could be slightly more comfortable with his backup than he was with Morrison. If they do move Salo, and they still expect to make the playoffs with Conklin, for example, they'd better find a backup better than Moss.
Not to mention that the Runners need a goalie to make the playoffs... I know the main thing is to help the NHL team, but the playoffs would be huge for the Runners, and help with the development of some of the kids down there.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Matts

I think we should bring Tommy back and pick up his option

because maybe Lowe has another hunch that flies in the face of statisical and anecdotal evidence.

Kiprusoff for a 3rd or 2nd and costing just 880K. What a nice gamble by Sutter. A 3rd if he sucks and a 2nd if he does well.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:09 PM
gpearson1968

How many years until JDD is going to be able to step up for a look-see ?

Cheers,
Geoff.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Walsher

Quote:
No way. Conks = hurt, Big Valley = hurt, Tommy and Morrison with no tenders in TO that is why he got Moss. If you trade Salo then you have Moss and Morrison as your goalies with nothing in TO. Seems obvious why he got Moss to me and it is not to trade Tommy.

Old
02-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Cerebral

Does the acquisition of Sarno allow Vancouver to trade away Henrik Sedin or Linden? Moss is a good depth goaltender but I certainly wouldn't want to be riding him for the rest of the season with Conklin injured.. though thinking of Malkin on our second line, maybe Moss should be our go-to guy!

Old
02-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Tanko

I'm not saying Moss is a replacement at all I'm saying the added depth gives us more flexibility.

Old
02-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
I'm not saying Moss is a replacement at all I'm saying the added depth gives us more flexibility.
I don't think it gives us any more flexibility at this point.. trading Salo right now would leave us with a goaltending tandem of Moss/Morrison. Is anyone content with that pair?

Old
02-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Tanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I don't think it gives us any more flexibility at this point.. trading Salo right now would leave us with a goaltending tandem of Moss/Morrison. Is anyone content with that pair?

For now sure Salo won't be around next year anyway.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Oil_in_my_veins

does anyone know what number Moss is going to use? do you think he'll get into any games before the Alaskan Assassin returns?

Old
02-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Mizral

Hey Cerebral, while Malkin would be neat, but improboble, I would point you to a young guy in the draft this year named Evan McGrath.

He plays in the NCAA and is a great blend of skill, size, and speed. I've been told he looks like another Daymond Langkow perhaps. Should the Oilers be closer to the #10 overall pick than the #1, he might be a guy to look at. Heck, there's a chance he falls down to the Philly pick (especially with Philly taking a bit of a stumble in the standings as of late).

Old
02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Hey Cerebral, while Malkin would be neat, but improboble, I would point you to a young guy in the draft this year named Evan McGrath.

He plays in the NCAA and is a great blend of skill, size, and speed. I've been told he looks like another Daymond Langkow perhaps. Should the Oilers be closer to the #10 overall pick than the #1, he might be a guy to look at. Heck, there's a chance he falls down to the Philly pick (especially with Philly taking a bit of a stumble in the standings as of late).
Hey, Miz, are you sure you mean McGrath? Doesn't he play for Kitchener?

But, yeah, it's starting to look like he might slide pretty good. I'd certainly think about it if he's still there with Philly's pick.

By the way, there's also Drew Stafford, who seems to be a lock to go top-15. He's Barry Stafford's nephew, apparently. I like what little I've seen of him, but I wouldn't take him above a Tukonen, Wolski, or Schremp.

Closed Thread