HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-min

Old
07-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Mubiki

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nharris31 View Post
Realistically Suter should not have to play those minutes. If Brodin has a bounce back season and they give Spurgeon and Scandella more minutes as pairing which they should have done last year the top 4 should be pretty solid.
I'm not sure why this argument always comes up. People just assume we HAVE to lower Suter's minutes. That's part of why he's so good; just because nobody else logs those minutes, doesn't mean he can't. In a close game, there isn't a better person to have on the ice; trying to lower his minutes just for the sake of it is a poor strategy.

If they really want to lower his minutes, they will score more goals. Get some multiple goal leads, then lower his minutes a bit.

Mubiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Nharris31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubiki View Post
I'm not sure why this argument always comes up. People just assume we HAVE to lower Suter's minutes. That's part of why he's so good; just because nobody else logs those minutes, doesn't mean he can't. In a close game, there isn't a better person to have on the ice; trying to lower his minutes just for the sake of it is a poor strategy.

If they really want to lower his minutes, they will score more goals. Get some multiple goal leads, then lower his minutes a bit.
Statsically he has not been good but when is minutes were down in the playoffs he was more effective.

Nharris31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 05:32 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
lmao @ wild fans saying no because of a late pick (25ish)

I wouldn't do it as a leafs fan. I would hang up laughing. a top pairing dman is worth more than that.
You have an odd sense of humor. If bad trade proposals make you laugh, you must be on the floor all day reading HF. Weird.

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 05:56 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Would definitely hang up laughing at that offer. This is besides the fact that Minnesota is already locked into some pretty major contracts.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubiki View Post

He's playing ~90 seconds (2 shifts) more per game than I would prefer. I'd like to see him closer to 27 or 27.5 minutes per game.

Suter (27)
Scandella (21)
ballard (12)

But you're right, the main culprit is that we play too many close games. We need to start putting teams away earlier and let him coast down the back half of the 3rd period every now and then.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Nharris31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
He's playing ~90 seconds (2 shifts) more per game than I would prefer. I'd like to see him closer to 27 or 27.5 minutes per game.

Suter (27)
Scandella (21)
ballard (12)

But you're right, the main culprit is that we play too many close games. We need to start putting teams away earlier and let him coast down the back half of the 3rd period every now and then.
Brodin and spurgeon need more minutes way before Ballard.

Nharris31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nharris31 View Post
Brodin and spurgeon need more minutes way before Ballard.
They play the right side.

Suter (27) - Brodin (25)
Scandella (21) - Spurgeon (22)
Ballard (12) - Blum/Folin/Dumba/Whoever (13)

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote