HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Crazy big trade Col - Nash

Old
07-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Predsrule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Because the trade proposed wasn't ROR for Weber. There was another #1 defender that put up 40 points added into the deal who is still on a steal 2 year 3.75mil per deal.
No the gap from one of our centres to the points ror gets isn't going to be much difference then the gap weber wil out score ej.. So we don't gain much off and take a big step down def and again the contracts are no where near close.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 01:38 PM
angry pirate

I think O'Reilly would be a really good fit in Nashville. They would probably have to give up Forsberg plus another small piece, think depth forward/defencemen or prospect who projects into that depth player mould. I know Forsberg is a really good prospect, and he would be on an entry level contract, but his ceiling is likely that of ROR.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 01:50 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
I think O'Reilly would be a really good fit in Nashville. They would probably have to give up Forsberg plus another small piece, think depth forward/defencemen or prospect who projects into that depth player mould. I know Forsberg is a really good prospect, and he would be on an entry level contract, but his ceiling is likely that of ROR.
But what incentive is there for the Avs to do that?

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 02:48 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
But what incentive is there for the Avs to do that?
They've had issues with ROR for 2 years now. Constant trade speculation is never a good thing for the team or the player and it's hard to speculate on whether or not they will be able to sign him long term or not.

What they get in return is a very good prospect who will be on an entry level deal, so they'll have a few years of cost certainty which is always valuable in today's NHL. Maybe the 2nd piece has to be a little bit better, but I do think a Forsberg for ROR base is a good start.

Nashville gets an NHL ready asset that they can mould into being their first line centre.

Old
07-15-2014, 02:58 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
They've had issues with ROR for 2 years now. Constant trade speculation is never a good thing for the team or the player and it's hard to speculate on whether or not they will be able to sign him long term or not.

What they get in return is a very good prospect who will be on an entry level deal, so they'll have a few years of cost certainty which is always valuable in today's NHL. Maybe the 2nd piece has to be a little bit better, but I do think a Forsberg for ROR base is a good start.

Nashville gets an NHL ready asset that they can mould into being their first line centre.
The constant trade speculation didn't seem to hurt last year.

I think the Avs, who have moved into win now mode, would rather have 2 years of ROR than a prospect winger, even a good one. If it doesn't solve the problem at defense, I don't see why the Avs would make a trade.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 03:53 PM
chet1926

Quote:

OK just, no.

Forsberg could be a secondary piece to get RoR, but not the main piece.

RoR>>>>>>Forsberg even with contract issues. Forsberg has proven absolutely nothing at the NHL level. He is a nice prospect, that's it.

Why would the Avs trade RoR an established young 1st line winger or solid 2nd line center/borderline first line center for a player who has proven nothing? It's a good way for a GM to get fired.

Despite what most Pred fans seem to think RoR, even despite his contract issues, will return a solid piece or two. He isn't going to get traded for futures (maybe a secondary piece). He isn't going to be traded for 3rd pairing dmen or borderline top 6 players. He will bring back something in the Tyler Seguin range (maybe slightly less) which is basically an all-star caliber player, and a decent prospect or 2.

Its probably going to cost some thing like:

Josi (I'd do a 1 for 1 trade on him)
Jones (I'd also do a 1 for 1 trade on him)
Ekholm+top end prospect (like Forsberg)

Other than those 3 players I'm not sure there really is a starting point for a trade. The only other player I'd be slightly interested in is maybe Smith but the Avs are already loaded at center with Duchene and MacK so I'd probably so no to that. If something can't be worked out between one of those options, then I'd say the Avs would be best suited to find a different trading partner as someone else would be willing to trade something close to one of those packages.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 04:01 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
OK just, no.

RoR>>>>>>Forsberg even with contract issues. Forsberg has proven absolutely nothing at the NHL level. He is a nice prospect, that's it.

Why would the Avs trade RoR an established young 1st line winger or solid 2nd line center/borderline first line center for a player who has proven nothing? It's a good way for a GM to get fired.

Despite what most Pred fans seem to think RoR, even despite his contract issues, will return a solid piece or two. He isn't going to get traded for futures (maybe a secondary piece). He isn't going to be traded for 3rd pairing dmen or borderline top 6 players. He will bring back something in the Tyler Seguin range (maybe slightly less) which is basically an all-star caliber player, and a decent prospect or 2.

Other than those 3 players I'm not sure there really is a starting point for a trade. The only other player I'd be slightly interested in is maybe Smith but the Avs are already loaded at center with Duchene and MacK so I'd probably so no to that. If something can't be worked out between one of those options, then I'd say the Avs would be best suited to find a different trading partner as someone else would be willing to trade something close to one of those packages.
You would not get Josi or Jones in a 1 for 1 trade for O'Reilly, since O'Reilly does not have a contract.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Ryan O'Reilly
Erik Johnson
Tyson Barrie

for

Shea Weber
Filip Forsberg
Pretty sure that if Colorado wants Weber then Colorado is going to have to include Duchene in the deal and I don't see that happening.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 04:35 PM
umdieecke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Ryan O'Reilly
Erik Johnson
Tyson Barrie

for

Shea Weber
Filip Forsberg
This might be good for the Avs. But forget it, if it involves upgrading on Colorado's end. That's already a lot from Colorado.

umdieecke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 05:01 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
OK just, no.

I don't think that is really far off what I was suggesting when I said maybe the 2nd piece needs to be a bit better. If Poile could get ROR to agree to a longterm deal I would make that trade.

Get's a versatile forward while leaving their top 3 defenders intact.

Old
07-15-2014, 05:34 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Well ROR can't be traded until he has a contract so.... But I do agree that the only way that we trade Weber is if Duchene or McKinnon was the centerpiece.
ROR can be traded now. If there was a team ROR was willing to sign a long term contract with that might net a better return for ROR then trading him with a one or two year arbitration contract would.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 06:02 PM
OVOXO*

Weber is better offensively than ROR considering who ROR played with and who Weber played with.

OVOXO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Gabe the Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
And given another year, maybe two, he's down to #5 depending on what Ekholm and Jones do long term.
I'm sorry are you saying that Nashville would essentially have 4 top 15 dmen in the NHL? Because that's exactly where I'd have Seabrook. If he can play lefty he's Weber's partner, period. Josi isn't close to as good as Seabrook yet.

Gabe the Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 08:47 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe the Babe View Post
I'm sorry are you saying that Nashville would essentially have 4 top 15 dmen in the NHL? Because that's exactly where I'd have Seabrook. If he can play lefty he's Weber's partner, period. Josi isn't close to as good as Seabrook yet.
The poster was talking about EJ, not Seabrook, and they said in a year or two it's possible that EJ could be #5 behind Weber, Josi, Jones and Ekholm.

Josi isn't better than Seabrook, but he's close to equal in talent. Regardless, Josi complements Weber in an extraordinary way. We're happy with him, as I'm sure Chicago is with Seabrook.