HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

BU vs. Merrimack (2-12-2004)

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Perry91502

vCash: 500
BU vs. Merrimack (2-12-2004)

All i gotta say is that it has to hurt to be a BU fan....beat on Monday in their own tourney (haha), and now tonight loosing to Merrimack....not only loosing, but get ABSOLUTELY out player...Fields was a sieve all night.....Either Merrimack is underrated, or BU is just plain horrible

Old
02-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry91502
All i gotta say is that it has to hurt to be a BU fan....beat on Monday in their own tourney (haha), and now tonight loosing to Merrimack....not only loosing, but get ABSOLUTELY out player...Fields was a sieve all night.....Either Merrimack is underrated, or BU is just plain horrible
One glaring problem for BU that I've noticed is their lack of consistent scoring. They just aren't getting the scoring and it's been a season long problem for them. If it weren't for their defensemen scoring, they'd be alot worse off than they have been. They missed Magowan for the Beanpot because of a knee injury (I think it was), and he's been their best and most consistent forward all year. Fields has been great in most games that I've seen him in (regardless of outcome), but he's getting little help from the guys in front of him. In the Beanpot vs. both Northeastern and especially BC, he was hung out to dry by his teammates.

As for Merrimack, they've had their moments. I saw one game where Casey Guenther was superb and another where he just sucked.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Perry91502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
One glaring problem for BU that I've noticed is their lack of consistent scoring. They just aren't getting the scoring and it's been a season long problem for them. If it weren't for their defensemen scoring, they'd be alot worse off than they have been. They missed Magowan for the Beanpot because of a knee injury (I think it was), and he's been their best and most consistent forward all year. Fields has been great in most games that I've seen him in (regardless of outcome), but he's getting little help from the guys in front of him. In the Beanpot vs. both Northeastern and especially BC, he was hung out to dry by his teammates.

As for Merrimack, they've had their moments. I saw one game where Casey Guenther was superb and another where he just sucked.
Guenther isnt that bad, but hes no longer the starter...Freshman Jim Healey is, and he is a pretty damn good goalie...Rookie of the week 3 times now this year, and he was just named starter a month ago

Closed Thread