HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa...Bulldogs report

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Razorblade

vCash: 500
Somervuori has been playing really well lately, finally getting rewarded for his work. If Eero had a little more luck in the goal scoring department, he'd be much more under radar by TB then he is currently is.

But Olvestad has been one of, if not the hardest working Bulldog of the year. He's got the A on his shirt now, so Jarvis must appreciate what he brings to the team. Great on the PK, but also a great third liner who is exciting to watch.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
Somervuori has been playing really well lately, finally getting rewarded for his work. If Eero had a little more luck in the goal scoring department, he'd be much more under radar by TB then he is currently is.

But Olvestad has been one of, if not the hardest working Bulldog of the year. He's got the A on his shirt now, so Jarvis must appreciate what he brings to the team. Great on the PK, but also a great third liner who is exciting to watch.

Exciting to watch how? I've only been to 4 games, but I've seen all the tv games, and listen to most of the rest on the radio, and I've never found Olvestad to be exciting outside his impressive speed.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:57 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Exciting to watch how? I've only been to 4 games, but I've seen all the tv games, and listen to most of the rest on the radio, and I've never found Olvestad to be exciting outside his impressive speed.
Really entertaining, fast, and is using his body more and more. He knows that now that he is a 3rd 4th line player he must start doing more of the little stuff like hitting and defensive. He just doesn't have good offensive instincts.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Really entertaining, fast, and is using his body more and more. He knows that now that he is a 3rd 4th line player he must start doing more of the little stuff like hitting and defensive. He just doesn't have good offensive instincts.

Well I agree he's fast for sure, and good in his own end/PK, but I haven't seen him hit very often, just don't see him as exciting at all, but to each his own. I completely agree about the offensive instincts, which is why I was wondering why some of you find him entertaining, as I find him to be the oppoiste. But since he's a Tampa prospect I never really focused too much on him. Hopefully next year we will have Hamilton 100% full of Hab prospects. (I'd like to see the Habs pick up Cote though)

Closed Thread