HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Im not ecstatic about this year BUT....

Old
04-07-2007, 08:00 AM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Montoya will be gone by next year's deadline.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Dont say stuff like that

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 08:33 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Admittedly, he was always the most optimistic poster on Rivals.
Man, that goes back a few years.
Quote:
This has been the best stretch of hockey I've seen from a Ranger team since the 1997 playoffs. It is a better team than last year...more complete, more scoring throughout the lineup, more physical and therefore, better equipped for playoff hockey.
I have to agree. For the most part, this team has played solid hockey on a nightly basis (with a few small hickups) ever since 2007 started. I do not recall being so confident in a team since Graves banked in a shot off of Marty in '97. I just have to hope and pray that Renney does not outthink himself again.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 08:34 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Because........? Why exactly?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Fletch

jas..

I agree about this stretch but need to qualify. There have been stretches where I've seen this team play better. Even with Lindros, and parts of last season. However, this team did it when it was most needed and when there was most pressure, and when it actually meant something. No team since 1997 has played with such a sense of urgency (not even last season) and with such purpose. None.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 09:52 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
Ok admit it. Your sister is an Ice Girl.
Actually... did we ever find out if Ice Girl Kelli Higgins is Chris Higgins's sister?

Old
04-07-2007, 11:11 AM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever View Post
This Lundqvist mania is really getting out of hand.
actually its your Montoya and Richter mania that is getting out of hand, you seem really obsessed about a guy who you hate so much. you take every chance you get to let us know how you despise lundqvist and those who pay him respect. whats even sillier is that you are kissing montoyas ass and this guy hasnt even done jack**** at the NHL level.
my god take your blind hate somewhere else, you are a ****ing pain in the ass. montoya is a great guy but because of you i hope he will get traded sooner than later so you can join the montoya bandwaggon on another team.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:17 AM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
keep montoya and see how he develops in the nhl. if he becomes a legitimate #1, why not play him and lundvqist in tandem? i mean, they both get 40 games a year and bye playoff time, whoevers hot, is fresh and can play whenever. that is what i would do..

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:43 AM
eco's bones

One of the great things about this year for me was when Shanny got hurt, followed closely by Tyutin, Hossa (who had finally started contributing offensively) and Rachunek--those lossed when they happened in the past would have brought on a big fold--instead the Rangers were able to fill those holes and play their best hockey--offered an easy excuse they turned it down and Henrik's goaltending has been absolutely awesome. The additions of Avery, Mara, Girardi and Callahan have all been fabulous. Isbister and Orr became useful players and someone brushed all the dust off of Pck and we finally found it he can really play.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
you can join the montoya bandwaggon on another team.
Yeah, that will happen since I only started rooting for the Rangers after we drafted Montoya and not from 1992.

Old
04-07-2007, 12:20 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Yeah, that will happen since I only started rooting for the Rangers after we drafted Montoya and not from 1992.
Well, at least you're not afraid to admit it

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 12:26 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I hope we give Malik a Wang-like ten year contract, he will find a way to be +30 even when he is 40. He's the man.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Well, at least you're not afraid to admit it

*Signing up for some sarcasm lessons*

Old
04-07-2007, 04:45 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Orr/Hollweg are also pretty young...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Orr/Hollweg are also pretty young...

I knew you would say that.

Old
04-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
actually its your Montoya and Richter mania that is getting out of hand, you seem really obsessed about a guy who you hate so much. you take every chance you get to let us know how you despise lundqvist and those who pay him respect. whats even sillier is that you are kissing montoyas ass and this guy hasnt even done jack**** at the NHL level.
my god take your blind hate somewhere else, you are a ****ing pain in the ass. montoya is a great guy but because of you i hope he will get traded sooner than later so you can join the montoya bandwaggon on another team.

If you want to throw your support behind a player, fine, but you have no right to bash who we've got going now and rub it in everyone's face who likes him. sorry!

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post

If you want to throw your support behind a player, fine, but you have no right to bash who we've got going now and rub it in everyone's face who likes him. sorry!
You are right, thats actually true, I know that alot of you like Lundqvist so Im gonna try and tone done my feelings towards him (my feelings is not that I hate him just that he is not a favourite player of mine by far), because you like me are Ranger fans as well so I dont want to upset you all too much.

Im apologize, I just want to see Montoya as our future netminder so bad that I let it get the best of me sometimes, so like I said Im going to try and tone it down.

Just dont confuse it with me starting to jump on the Henrik bandawagon cause that will never happen.

Old
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Smashley

Quote:
You are right, thats actually true, I know that alot of you like Lundqvist so Im gonna try and tone done my feelings towards him (my feelings is not that I hate him just that he is not a favourite player of mine by far), because you like me are Ranger fans as well so I dont want to upset you all too much.

Im apologize, I just want to see Montoya as our future netminder so bad that I let it get the best of me sometimes, so like I said Im going to try and tone it down.

Just dont confuse it with me starting to jump on the Henrik bandawagon cause that will never happen.

Hey man, thats fine. Tell you the truth I really don't know squat about your buddy, but If I'm ever looking for stats/stories, I'll know who to come to. I think alot of people can agree with me that we need a better pair of goaltenders, not so much 90:10 with weekes.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Crease

Quote:

We're not asking you to make Hank your favorite player. We're asking you to respect his abilities. It's obvious there's nothing he can do to satisfy you in terms of quality goaltending. Richter was my favorite Ranger of all time, but I can comfortably say Hank can and will be a better goaltender. I'm excited for him and our future. If Montoya comes up and steals the show, thats fine, no one should be upset about that. We'd be in even better shape than anyone could ever imagine. But you refuse to recognize anything Lundqvist has done as something worth cheering for.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
Actually... did we ever find out if Ice Girl Kelli Higgins is Chris Higgins's sister?
Well, isn't Chris Higgins from Long Island?

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote