HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part III

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the CL next season?
Atletico Madrid 0 0%
Barca 6 15.79%
Bayern Munich 11 28.95%
BVB 2 5.26%
Chelsea 2 5.26%
Juventus 0 0%
Manchester City 2 5.26%
Monaco 0 0%
PSG 1 2.63%
Real Madrid 6 15.79%
Other Team [AKA The Arsenal which are the best and greatest team] 8 21.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2014, 10:36 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
Relying on Park Chu Young in the WC is good way to get fired if you're the manager Don't think he made much changes from the 2012 Olympic team and that's another reason why he's not the manager anymore.

Also D2M, I was searching Athletic Bilbao matches online and saw that every single Barca game is on YT and in HQ. Must be nice to root for a big squad.

Old
07-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Relying on Park Chu Young in the WC is good way to get fired if you're the manager Don't think he made much changes from the 2012 Olympic team and that's another reason why he's not the manager anymore.

Also D2M, I was searching Athletic Bilbao matches online and saw that every single Barca game is on YT and in HQ. Must be nice to root for a big squad.
I would have put Ji up top as he is my favorite option to strike, but I understand why Park was played. Who else are you going to use?? Kim doesn't really fit the identity of the team.

Old
07-15-2014, 11:08 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Anyone is a better choice than Park Chu Young. Outside Son, Ki, and the RB(can't remember his name), everyone was disappointing. Our CBs were the biggest disappoint for me, both are so much better than they showed in this WC.

Old
07-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helton4Hall View Post
It's pretty depressing when your team ****ing sucks.

It's bad when your starting striker played seven times in four years for his team. It's bad when there's only one player on your team that you're actually convinced is good. It's bad when you can't win a game in a weak WC group.
When you put it like that...it's not so bad.

Quote:
Becoming a la liga fan?

It took my years to find the el classico from 07 sooo.

BTW I know a great website where you can watch many replayed games. If you or anyone else is interested I'll pm you.

Old
07-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Anyone is a better choice than Park Chu Young. Outside Son, Ki, and the RB(can't remember his name), everyone was disappointing. Our CBs were the biggest disappoint for me, both are so much better than they showed in this WC.
I hope Ki gets some recognition for his play and gets a move to a bigger club. I'm not 100% convinced of him, but at least he has hinted that he may be able to play at a CL level.

Extremely disappointed in Lee Chung-Yong. He is still too good for the Championship, but I'm not sure if he's good enough to ever hold a starting job in premier.

Son is the only player I can really say with complete confidence is good. He is one of the better talents in Europe. That's a good start for a team, but what else is there??

Old
07-16-2014, 12:02 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Becoming a la liga fan?

BTW I know a great website where you can watch many replayed games. If you or anyone else is interested I'll pm you.
Probably, going to watch more La Liga and interact with you more often I've been playing FM with a La Liga team, so I'm more familiar with the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helton4Hall View Post
I hope Ki gets some recognition for his play and gets a move to a bigger club. I'm not 100% convinced of him, but at least he has hinted that he may be able to play at a CL level.

Extremely disappointed in Lee Chung-Yong. He is still too good for the Championship, but I'm not sure if he's good enough to ever hold a starting job in premier.

Son is the only player I can really say with complete confidence is good. He is one of the better talents in Europe. That's a good start for a team, but what else is there??
There's rumors of Ki leaving Swansea to go to......Aston Villa. I think we have some talent on our team, they all just underachieved this year. They're not superstars, but they're pretty good enough to play regularly for teams in Europe. Very curious how they'll do in the Asian Cup next year.

Old
07-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Ki cannot go to Aston Villa.

He is not strong enough and does not have enough commitment to playing off of the ball for that to ever work. Add in the fact he has a crappy attitude and heading to Aston Villa is a recipe for spending a career in the championship.

Old
07-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Nzap
BaltoBaltoBaltoBalto

I've gotta say, kudos to the MLS and the assistant here.
Awesome work, and I'd hope this is something we will see catching on in the future. The goalie behavior during penalties is usually ridiculous, and thankfully at least somewhere the rule is honored.

Although that video is 2 years old, hopefully they haven't become more lenient now.

Old
07-16-2014, 07:21 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
When you put it like that...it's not so bad.

Becoming a la liga fan?

PM please

Old
07-17-2014, 01:24 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Wasn't this South Korean squad basically a build up for 2018? I thought they brought mostly a U23 team and were blooding a lot of youth at a major tourney so that they can grow together and make some noise in 4 years time. At least this is what a south korean buddy was telling me before the tourney when the ruskies got drawn against them.

Old
07-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Probably, going to watch more La Liga and interact with you more often I've been playing FM with a La Liga team, so I'm more familiar with the players.
I look forward to it.

Barca's preseason starts tomorrow... it will be nice seeing the new guys and the youngins. They're the biggest reason I watch the preseason games. Grimaldo,Deulofeu and Roberto to name a few.

Funny, I can watch preseason games of a sport and city that's in another world but yet I can't watch a single avs game.

As if I needed another reason to like this player.

Last edited by Duchene2MacKinnon: 07-19-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old
07-21-2014, 07:08 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

D2M, give me a La Liga team to root for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Wasn't this South Korean squad basically a build up for 2018? I thought they brought mostly a U23 team and were blooding a lot of youth at a major tourney so that they can grow together and make some noise in 4 years time. At least this is what a south korean buddy was telling me before the tourney when the ruskies got drawn against them.
Yes, that's why guys like Yun Seok Young played Park Joo Ho at LB. Our Keeper sucked but still started him. He talked about how he won't take guys who isn't play regularly during the season to the WC, but still brought Park Chu Young.

@JB, Neil Lennon might take the South Korea job.

Old
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

I'm down for Lennon. Just no more crappy Korean managers.

Another thing about Lennon is he worked a lot with Ki and should help him succeed. Having a midfielder than can drive possession is huge, especially as the future of the team is probably as a possession side.

Old
07-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Most of the players played at the Olympics in 2012.

At heart, the team was built around providing experience for 2018, but that's ignoring two tough realities...

1. Current veterans of the national team ****ing suck. The best players on the national team are 25 and under. It's pretty pathetic when the best player over 25 plays in the Championship. Rumors that he might move back to premier over the last week or so. For two million Euros. Star player, everyone.

2. Only two players last season played on a CL side, Son and Park. Only two players this year will play on a CL side, Son and Ji. Only one of those players is guaranteed to even play regularly for his club.

There are a ton of turds playing for Korea. The team in Russia will be more experienced and better..if not from the inclusion of new, younger players rather than improvement from current ones.

Old
07-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
D2M, give me a La Liga team to root for.
You really have to watch the games and your heart will choose. If it chooses Madrid kill yourself.

Atleti,Valencia,Sevilla,Villareal are all solid options.

Bilbao is one of my favourite teams, I love their passion and intensity in games. It's a dog fight every time you play in the San Mames(or should I say lion fight?) if you get this joke, you'd be the best.

Anyway, watch the games and you'll decide.

Or just pick barca then we can be BFF.

Old
07-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Nzap
BaltoBaltoBaltoBalto

By the way United and Roma play against each other in Denver at Sports Authority Field on the 26th this month.

I hope some Denverites are going there. Two quality teams.

Old
07-22-2014, 01:56 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
You really have to watch the games and your heart will choose. If it chooses Madrid kill yourself.

Atleti,Valencia,Sevilla,Villareal are all solid options.

Bilbao is one of my favourite teams, I love their passion and intensity in games. It's a dog fight every time you play in the San Mames(or should I say lion fight?) if you get this joke, you'd be the best.

Anyway, watch the games and you'll decide.

Or just pick barca then we can be BFF.
Looks like I'm going with Real Madrid I hate them anyways, hoping Isco goes somewhere else now that "Hames" is there. Was gonna go with Bilbao, since I'm already familiar with most of their players. I'll watch gazillion Barca games on YT and probably decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
By the way United and Roma play against each other in Denver at Sports Authority Field on the 26th this month.

I hope some Denverites are going there. Two quality teams.
Couple of my friends are going, so jealous.

Old
07-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Game is too expensive, they want a small fortune .

Old
07-22-2014, 05:30 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I was on the verge of going, even had my seats lined up, but I decided to go up to the mountains instead.

Damn I would have loved to see Rooney, Strootman, and the whole Roma team (if the stars were going to play). Though as JB said, the ticket prices are insane. The ones I wanted were 3 to 4 at 60 bucks (46 Euros) and I could buy FIFA 15 for that money if I wanted to.

Old
07-22-2014, 08:25 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I was on the verge of going, even had my seats lined up, but I decided to go up to the mountains instead.

Damn I would have loved to see Rooney, Strootman, and the whole Roma team (if the stars were going to play). Though as JB said, the ticket prices are insane. The ones I wanted were 3 to 4 at 60 bucks (46 Euros) and I could buy FIFA 15 for that money if I wanted to.
Strootman is on the trip but out injured until October most likely. He had ACL surgery last year.

Still though you'll get a chance to see Totti, Pjanic, De Rossi, Iturbe, Benatia etc. Watch out for Salih Ucan. Kids gonna be special i think.

Old
07-22-2014, 08:33 PM
PeterTheGreat

Whats not to love?

Old
07-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Nzap
BaltoBaltoBaltoBalto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Whats not to love?
De Rossi and I would say... Florenzi?

Counter with this Spanish/Portuguese speaking group:

Old
07-22-2014, 10:48 PM
PeterTheGreat

Ya its Florenzi.

So Garcia said today that Benatia is staying. Mehdi was asked by some fans before leaving if he was staying and he said "for sure". He had a long talk with our owner James Pallotta at a team dinner last night in Boston and it was positive apparently.

This combined with Mangala to City is good news for us. Mehdi is a beast of a defender.

Last edited by PeterTheGreat: 07-22-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old
07-22-2014, 11:03 PM
PeterTheGreat

PS.
I hope im not annoying you guys about my constant Roma talk. Sometimes i just cant help myself. Im actually a bigger Roma fan than an Avs fan and im obviously a big Avs fan. I just love discussing them and im always curious about how outsiders view the club and its players.

PPS

I know the front 2 are Mata and De Gea. Not sure about the back 2. Edit: looking at it again is that Rafael in the back right?

Old
07-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

and I could buy FIFA 15 for that money if I wanted to
I might be going to Tottenham/TFC's game tomorrow. All depends on if I have enough time to make arrangements. It would be the first professional football game I attend.

More teams should come to Canada.

I'm waiting for that game to come out so, I can get a ps4. Please, tell me you have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
PS.
I hope im not annoying you guys about my constant Roma talk. Sometimes i just cant help myself. Im actually a bigger Roma fan than an Avs fan and im obviously a big Avs fan. I just love discussing them and im always curious about how outsiders view the club and its players.

PPS

I know the front 2 are Mata and De Gea. Not sure about the back 2. Edit: looking at it again is that Rafael in the back right?
I don't mind it all. If we can't talk about our favourite teams then this thread is useless. 90% of my posts consist of Barca/Argentina. SEPH the mightiest club and CGF Germany.

Not sure what JWK posts since he's on ignore.

BTW PTG do you post on BS?

Oh and I see myself watching and chatting with you about Roma more considering they have Iturbe now. If only Lamela stayed. Argentina might have a 3rd star.

Last edited by Duchene2MacKinnon: 07-23-2014 at 02:32 AM.
Closed Thread