HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 4

Old
07-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Bure1096

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Seems like everyone is high on trading for Oduya, put me in the do not want camp. Turnover machine and constantly makes mistakes in his own zone.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
I never called Oduya big or slow, I said our team had too many of them. Oduya isn't the biggest or slowest guy in the league, but he's not an agile defenseman. He's a stay at home, rely on positioning type of d-man.

Ekblad needs to improve skating, Mitchel is big and slow, and you're kidding if you don't think Guds is big AND slow. His skating has improved tenfold since his rookie season, but he's still pretty slow compared to most NHL forwards. When 3 of your 6 d-men are below average in terms of speed, I'd say half the players we put back there constitutes saying we have "too many slow guys".

The East plays a faster game than the West, and we need to keep up. I'd welcome Oduya, but he's not what we need. We need one more offensively gifted d-man. We basically have one, MAYBE two d-men who can contribute offensively (not fair to expect much from Ekblad this year). That's not going to cut it. 15 goals from our blue line is NOT going to cut it next season.
Gudbranson is not slow. His skating is not the best, but he's not slow. And the West is a faster conference than the East.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 01:47 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
I never called Oduya big or slow, I said our team had too many of them. Oduya isn't the biggest or slowest guy in the league, but he's not an agile defenseman. He's a stay at home, rely on positioning type of d-man.
he's a defensive defensman....but his skating is fine. if you weren't calling him big and/or slow, what was the point of that comment?

Quote:
Ekblad needs to improve skating, Mitchel is big and slow, and you're kidding if you don't think Guds is big AND slow. His skating has improved tenfold since his rookie season, but he's still pretty slow compared to most NHL forwards. When 3 of your 6 d-men are below average in terms of speed, I'd say half the players we put back there constitutes saying we have "too many slow guys".
It's pretty well known that I'm Gudbranson's biggest critique on this board. But he's not a slow skater. If you think he's "slow" then you haven't been watching our games very much. He's a good skater for someone his size.

maybe you meant slow in the head? because he's definitely that in spades.

Quote:
The East plays a faster game than the West, and we need to keep up. I'd welcome Oduya, but he's not what we need. We need one more offensively gifted d-man. We basically have one, MAYBE two d-men who can contribute offensively (not fair to expect much from Ekblad this year). That's not going to cut it. 15 goals from our blue line is NOT going to cut it next season.
well, we only have one defensively responsible defensman in Mitchell, so Oduya would make it two.

I'm not worried about offense from the blue-line. we have plenty of skill with Campbell, Kulikov and Ekblad. what we don't have are responsible D, aside from Mitchell. Kulikov is very good at times, but very erratic overall. no consistency. Gudbranson is terrible defensively, Campbell isn't very good either. Unfair to expect Ekblad to be anything as an 18 year old, and Olsen is a tweener/7th D type.

in other words, we need another good d-man. offensive or defensive...beggars can't be choosers and we're definitely beggars.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2014, 02:50 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
in other words, we need another good d-man. offensive or defensive...beggars can't be choosers and we're definitely beggars.
This I can agree with wholeheartedly. We really need at least one more proven guy back there.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 04:34 PM
peen

Do you guys think that Tallon is going to do everything he can to pull a top line scorer to Florida?

(barring it doesn't take barkov/bjugstad)

peen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 05:04 PM
IM Clutcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by peen View Post
Do you guys think that Tallon is going to do everything he can to pull a top line scorer to Florida?

I think Barkov, Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Ekblad, Gudbranson, and maybe Grimaldi/2015 1st are untouchable. And unfortunately, it'll probably take one of them to get something significant back.

IM Clutcm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Knightmare

Elliotte Friedman:

Quote:
If he doesn’t sign with the Blackhawks, the Bruins and Penguins could be favorites to land Kevin Hayes over the Panthers.
Quote:
Dmitry Kulikov’s three-year contract with the Panthers may not mean trade rumors are over.

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 05:43 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
Elliotte Friedman:
"How to get hits", a book written by Eklund and also featuring Nick Kypreos.

Prologue; always pick a big market team if you aren't 100% sure, always.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 07:09 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
"How to get hits", a book written by Eklund and also featuring Nick Kypreos.

Prologue; always pick a big market team if you aren't 100% sure, always.
I could swear half the time some guys just make **** up as they go along.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 08:27 PM
5 Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by peen View Post

I hope he does.. I'm cool with a big move to get someone here that can add 30+

5 Hole is offline   Reply With Quote