HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Turco rumour (injury). Anyone have some help?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 01:53 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
Turco rumour (injury). Anyone have some help?

I just read he has a broken foot. How long has this been then? I mean, last I saw him he were playing grand. If he is hurt it didn't show. Is it a recent thing? I am in New Zealand and don't get much but what I read on the webby. (mostly here) I saw it on the trades board and nothing else. Is it true and if so, what will you lot do?

Old
02-18-2004, 12:39 PM
denniso

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I just read he has a broken foot. How long has this been then? I mean, last I saw him he were playing grand. If he is hurt it didn't show. Is it a recent thing? I am in New Zealand and don't get much but what I read on the webby. (mostly here) I saw it on the trades board and nothing else. Is it true and if so, what will you lot do?
It does not seem to be affecting him much.

This is from Andrew's Dallas Stars Page: http://andrewsstarspage.com/2-16update.htm

Turco playing despite broken foot
Monday, February 16, 2004
Stars goalie Marty Turco has been playing with a broken left foot for the past few weeks, according to a report in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Monday. Turco suffered the injury during a morning skate in Vancouver on January 19 when he was hit in the foot by a Philippe Boucher shot.

"It's not healed ... well, maybe it is," Turco told the Star-Telegram. "I don't know. It doesn't really matter. Yeah, it hurts. But it's not that bad."

With backup Ron Tugnutt struggling in goal and then getting injured, and the Stars having no other goalie in the system who has played in an NHL game, Turco has been carrying the load in the net for the Stars. He says he has no problem with that.

"Eventually it will get better, but when the focus is on, it's on," Turco told the Star-Telegram. "We're on a great roll, and I wanted to continue to be a part of it."

Turco has played 56 of the team's 58 games this season and has played in 31 straight games, including 30 starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old
02-18-2004, 01:26 PM
punchy1

Cheers mate. It sounded like he were going down with it. That would ruin your chances baring a deal and I want the Stars dead on for when we play you to see who is better. I hate when two teams face each other when they are depleted from injuries. Of course, the Kings are still without Ally,Deader,Straka,Palffy,Visnovsky,Miller,Brown and Barney but, they have been playing very well with what they have so I wouldn't want any excuses if we were to win as I am sure you don't want me coming back here saying "you only won because we are so injured".

Here's to a grand game tonight.

Closed Thread