HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Who do the Islanders trade, and in exchange for what?

Old
07-24-2014, 08:59 AM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
With the Grabovski and Kulemin signings, Isles for the first time in forever have the luxury of some forward depth (as in: not simply a bunch of promises, er, prospects, but proven NHL depth).

This will provide for competition in camp (for roster spots but moreover for specific roles/icetime). And, this competition for minutes will likely last into the season.

So, no need whatsoever to rush a trade simply based on numbers. Certainly not at the moment, the summer. When a player of interest on D becomes available, then you strike. Because you now, quite possibly, have the assets to acquire him.

Use them wisely.
Come back to the dark side, Trots. You had your hiatus, now it's time to come home.

Plus, we might finally be good next season. Stranger things have happened.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 09:02 AM
supersonic jet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Two top 5 picks plus another roster player AND a 1st rounder for Kane and Bogo? Sir, pass that blunt.
Kane+Bogo were higher than top 5 picks have already proven themselves, but I will throw in Klingburg+3rd

supersonic jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 10:22 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic jet View Post
Grabner+Strome+Reinhart+1st for Kane+Bogo
No thanks.
Bogo's development has stalled a bit.

And while I don't really buy the Kane attitude issues, it's been 3 years since his big 30 goal season.

Isles gm and the press have said Snow is not putting his top youngsters on the trade table. Not even to land an elite defender, which Bogo is not.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 10:24 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Kane+Bogo were higher than top 5 picks have already proven themselves, but I will throw in Klingburg+3rd
And Bailey was a 9th overall pick? Your point?

Old
07-24-2014, 10:46 AM
supersonic jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No thanks.
Bogo's development has stalled a bit.

And while I don't really buy the Kane attitude issues, it's been 3 years since his big 30 goal season.

Isles gm and the press have said Snow is not putting his top youngsters on the trade table. Not even to land an elite defender, which Bogo is not.
Kane will out hustle anyone on either team will out hit anyone on either team and played with sub par 4th line players on third line. Missed a lot of games last yr from a hand infection from a fight. Wish he didn't fight but he is so competitive. He will finally play with good line mates this yr, and will easily score 30 goals barring an injury.

Old
07-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Kane will out hustle anyone on either team will out hit anyone on either team and played with sub par 4th line players on third line. Missed a lot of games last yr from a hand infection from a fight. Wish he didn't fight but he is so competitive. He will finally play with good line mates this yr, and will easily score 30 goals barring an injury.
Not true in this case. The Isles have the number 1, 5 and 20 volume hitters in the league last year.

Kane was 58th.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 11:19 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

No interest, not even a little in this proposal.

According to Elliott Friedman, Brock Nelson will play LW on the JT/Okposo line and the isles will likely stick with the CDH/Hamonic pairing, which showed good chemistry

Strome is a good bet to stick. He finished the season with 14 pts in his last 22 nhl games. I would not be surprised if kane and Strome were not too far off in pts in the next 1-2 seasons.

Isles will stick with their their own youngsters.

Old
07-24-2014, 11:27 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No interest, not even a little in this proposal.

According to Elliott Friedman, Brock Nelson will play LW on the JT/Okposo line and the isles will likely stick with the CDH/Hamonic pairing, which showed good chemistry

Strome is a good bet to stick. He finished the season with 14 pts in his last 22 nhl games. I would not be surprised if kane and Strome were not too far off in pts in the next 1-2 seasons.

Isles will stick with their their own youngsters.
Yup, plus LW has been completely revamped. Like you said, Nelson will be on LW due to the center depth. Lee will get his shot. Chances are one of Bailey or Grabner will be around for another year or two, and then by that point Dal Colle should be knocking on the door to the NHL.

There is really no need for a Kane trade. Maybe Bogosian, but at the expected cost it would probably be smarter just to wait on Pulock and Pokka. Chances are that one will begin to warrant NHL time by training camp of 2015-16.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:

I know you're just having fun on a chatboard (and, no harm in that!). However, what you've done in this thread is propose deals for junk players who Isles wouldn't claim on waivers (Clitsome) or major deals involving players that WPG would likely not move (Bogo) for assets the Isles definitely won't move (Strome, Reinhart). Maybe try a little reality?

If Isles and WPG hooked up for a deal, the only reasonable scenario would be something built around Frans Nielsen and Buff. I really have no idea what else would be involved and I'm not saying I want a deal like that or see it happening. But, at least on paper, that is about the only scenario that has potential

WPG and NYI are in very similar situations. Both rising teams who are agonizing close to being good and both have a few notable holes that need to be filled.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 11:57 AM
supersonic jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I know you're just having fun on a chatboard (and, no harm in that!). However, what you've done in this thread is propose deals for junk players who Isles wouldn't claim on waivers (Clitsome) or major deals involving players that WPG would likely not move (Bogo) for assets the Isles definitely won't move (Strome, Reinhart). Maybe try a little reality?

If Isles and WPG hooked up for a deal, the only reasonable scenario would be something built around Frans Nielsen and Buff. I really have no idea what else would be involved and I'm not saying I want a deal like that or see it happening. But, at least on paper, that is about the only scenario that has potential

WPG and NYI are in very similar situations. Both rising teams who are agonizing close to being good and both have a few notable holes that need to be filled.
your right I am just putting out proposals to see what other fans see the the value of players on both sides. I would not call Clitsome junk, played on 2nd pairing and was having a break out yr before he hurt his back. I am hoping he returns to the way he was before his injury. Check his corsi #s. He earned a new contract, but Morressey has advanced quicker than we thought and will probably make the Jets after the Ice Caps playoff run. Was their best defenseman and Redman our second best was signed by penguins on a one way. Wish your team the best.

Old
07-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
your right I am just putting out proposals to see what other fans see the the value of players on both sides.
No criticism here. You were obviously just throwing ideas out and having fun. That's what the board is for.

Quote:
I would not call Clitsome junk, played on 2nd pairing and was having a break out yr before he hurt his back. I am hoping he returns to the way he was before his injury. Check his corsi #s. He earned a new contract, but Morressey has advanced quicker than we thought and will probably make the Jets after the Ice Caps playoff run. Was their best defenseman and Redman our second best was signed by penguins on a one way. Wish your team the best.
Clitsome is third pairing junk who would have a shot at clearing waivers. Zero trade value.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote