HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT | Rangers @ Pens | April 7th | 7:35pm

Old
04-07-2007, 10:13 PM
schmieder44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
No prob, I think he has done a fantastic job both this season, and last. I just cringe when I think of the extra 2-?? more points we could've had this season if he would've put an offensive point man on that pp unit. Very frustrating.
One second your basically calling Renney a moron and how its amazing the team wins with him as a coach, then the next your saying hes done fantastic. Which is it?

Mara and Cullen would be nice on the 1st PP unit IMO.

schmieder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:21 PM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmieder44 View Post
One second your basically calling Renney a moron and how its amazing the team wins with him as a coach, then the next your saying hes done fantastic. Which is it?

Mara and Cullen would be nice on the 1st PP unit IMO.
Wow it seems like my mouth is getting awfully full w/ all these people putting words in it. I he a moron no, look where we are, does he make moronic descisons? Absolutely! Would you keep Rozie on the point on the 1st pp unit of a playoff team if you were the coach? No you wouldn't how many more times do I have to explain that this was my rant!

The definition of insanity is....doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:26 PM
philbo

Alright I'm done for the night sorry to get things all stirred up on the last night of the season, gd' night all, sweet playoff dreams!

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:48 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

most losses I'm pretty bummed...but this one I don't even care about.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:09 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Meh..I could care less about this loss. We didn't play an overly bad game, Fleury was solid...it's meaningless. Nobody got hurt, Lundqvist wasn't bad..I'm ready for Atlanta.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:11 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
I'm not mad. We still got 6th seed!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Meh..I could care less about this loss. We didn't play an overly bad game, Fleury was solid...it's meaningless. Nobody got hurt, Lundqvist wasn't bad..I'm ready for Atlanta.
You nailed it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:42 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
yep, im usually a maniac for a good 15 minutes after every loss...it didnt even phase me tonight, after i saw tampa lost..i was happy for that 6th seed, and was just happy to see us play a solid 3rd...bring it Atlanta

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:57 PM
FLYLine24*

well..my 7 game winning streak ended but im still 7-1-0 in my past 8 GDTs...I hopefully will be starting the GDT for our first playoff game (unless one of u guys beats me ).

I have faith we can win this series if Hank is playing his game....LETS GO RANGERS!!

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
well..my 7 game winning streak ended but im still 7-1-0 in my past 8 GDTs...I hopefully will be starting the GDT for our first playoff game (unless one of u guys beats me ).

I have faith we can win this series if Hank is playing his game....LETS GO RANGERS!!
Rangers in 4!

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:50 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

lets do it!

Lets Go Rangers!

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Block More Shots

Once I heard that ATL beat TB in the shootout (which was with around 1:30 left in the NYR game) I immediately didn't care anymore. The game meant nothing at that point...I'm happy because this was definitely the best possible matchup for us. NJ or BUF would've been really tough, but Atlanta is beatable.

The Rangers can beat the Thrashers. They just need to bring that energy they've been bringing down the stretch into the series and we'll be fine.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 03:37 AM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
I'm with you Mr. ALfie...The Rangers have done best the past month or so when they played disciplined, tight, defense-forst hockey....That's a given for the Devil series....Against the thrashers we will play a looser defenisve team and a more gambling offensive team...If we try to join them, we will lose...And since we really don;t have a checking line, Also think big forwards like Tkachuck, Hossa, Kvulchuck and Holik wil give our top three lines fits because of the size difference..I don't like this matchup...
I understand your point, but I think everyone here is underestimating the Devils and Brodeur. Yes, if the Rangers play the Devils the game will be tighter. But the team's greatest asset, Lundqvist, will be negated by Broduer. In a matchup against Atlanta, the difference in goaltending (which favors NY) can be used to their advantage.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 07:56 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I happen to think people are underestimating what we're getting with the Thrashers. I'm happy not to play the Debbies, just because of the media circus. But, Hossa, Kovalchuk and KT...not an easy task...of course that trio has how many Cups between them? Oh, yeah, zero...anyway, the Rangers have their work cut out for them.
Not as afraid of Tkchoke as I am of Hossa & Kolulchuk. It will be a hard hitting series. You can bet that Hartley will match up Holik's against the Jagr line. The true test will be whichever line (Shanny's or Cullen's) has to go against the twosome that I mentioned. Plus, Lehtonen is more than capable of standing on his head and stopping everything.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Good game....the whole deal with Ruutu-Avery was just classic

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote