HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official - Thomas Pck resigned

Old
04-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Morandi11

vCash: 500
Official - Thomas Pck resigned

"I stay in New York, signed a two year contract with the rangers."

link with an interview (in german - try babelfish)
http://www.sport1.at/397+M5872a04987c.html

Morandi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 06:51 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Hmmm, wow. I thought he was going to walk.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 07:01 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Good job by management to convince him to somehow stay. Now can we get rid of Malik?

I guess this means that Rachunek does not have a spot on the roster next year.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 07:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I heard an interview with Larry Brooks conducted by Dave Maloney during one of the Rangers intermissions.He did mention Pock would have a difficult decision to make this summer because he likes everything about the Rangers organization but has not played as much as Pock would have preferred

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 07:12 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Good newz. For how much?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 07:13 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Good job by management to convince him to somehow stay. Now can we get rid of Malik?

I guess this means that Rachunek does not have a spot on the roster next year.

Either this gives the Rangers more ammo for deals in the off-season, or, like you, I hope this means they'll look to move Malik, especially they believe Staal will be ready. Either way, I think this could mean they don't intend to bring back Rachunek.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 07:15 AM
MrAlfie

this guy isnt a quitter.

love his attitude, he couldve walked away and wouldnt have had a problem getting a starting job as a #5 or #6 d-man in this league instead he choses the hard way to prove he earns it.
now lets hope he will take the next step in his development just like tyutin did.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Morandi11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
... Pock would have a difficult decision to make this summer because he likes everything about the Rangers organization but has not played as much as Pock would have preferred
yes and no,
i've got the feeling it was somehow an emotional decision, he says things like "its the best organization" "some teammates are really good friends, our girlfriends do a lot of things together" over and over again ...

but he seems to be pretty satisfied with the 40+ games. "i am satisfied, some things have changed, its going well for me, i was the no. 9 (defender) in the beginning and now i am playing constantly, thats an improvement".

imo, in his position i would have waited till after the PO's. i mean if rachunek is coming back and pock will be the healthy scratch, that cant be satisfying. but o.k., his decision.

Old
04-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Morandi11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Good newz. For how much?
i've got no informations about that. sorry.

Old
04-09-2007, 07:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers could move Rachunek at the draft.He has a QO of $1.8 million.Rachunek is one year away from group III FA.Arb eligible.Looking at how much the group III defensemen will receive this summer,a team could decide they would rather have Rachunek for at least one season rather than commit to a long term deal with another player

Old
04-09-2007, 07:22 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
The Rangers could move Rachunek at the draft.He has a QO of $1.8 million.Rachunek is one year away from group III FA.Arb eligible.Looking at how much the group III defensemen will receive this summer,a team could decide they would rather have Rachunek for at least one season rather than commit to a long term deal with another player
GMs are that stupid? But what could ge get us then, a 7th round pick or is it just me who doesnt rate him?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 07:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
GMs are that stupid? But what could ge get us then, a 7th round pick or is it just me who doesnt rate him?
GM's are that stupid?Have you seen some of the trades and signings some GM's make?On what planet is Bryan McCabe worth nearly $6 million per?

Before Rachunek hurt his knee,he was playing his best hockey as a Ranger.He is 27 years old.Shoots righthanded.Can skate.Is he inconsistent?Yes.Is he is has as bas as people say he is?No

Rachunek saved the Rangers season in the Saturday afternoon game against the Blues

Old
04-09-2007, 08:04 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
GM's are that stupid?Have you seen some of the trades and signings some GM's make?On what planet is Bryan McCabe worth nearly $6 million per?

Before Rachunek hurt his knee,he was playing his best hockey as a Ranger.He is 27 years old.Shoots righthanded.Can skate.Is he inconsistent?Yes.Is he is has as bas as people say he is?No

Rachunek saved the Rangers season in the Saturday afternoon game against the Blues
Rachunek was playing very well since paired with Mara. Two big shots there.

04-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Kostik

Surprise surprise...who says that Pock will stay in NY?
I'm quite sure that he has no NTC
He can be traded as well as Rachunek\Malik.
Rangers have more options now.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 08:41 AM
pld459666

Where's my crow, I'm hungry

Seriously, that threw me for a loop. I would have never thought that Pock would be back in NY after the way he was mis-handled here in NY this year.

Good luck kid, but now you have NO ROOM to complain whe it happens again next season.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 08:54 AM
pld459666

Quote:

Let's see.

A player that has put up 50+ points a year for the last 3 NHL seasons running, is physical, plays an average of 26:49 minutes a night in all situations and is a legit top pairing defenceman in this league I'd say he's worth 6 million a year.

I wish we had a defenceman as good as McCabe. For as bad as people say about him, he's +24 for the last 3 NHL seasons combined which for that Toronto team is actually very good.

Old
04-09-2007, 08:57 AM
bathgate

I was never a Pock fan but wanted him to receive a chance. He has been solid over the past several weeks and more physical . Good signing. Further, I believe he will continue to show more offensive potential. We looked loaded on the blueline. Perhaps a package for an elite player such as Horton?

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Let's see.

A player that has put up 50+ points a year for the last 3 NHL seasons running, is physical, plays an average of 26:49 minutes a night in all situations and is a legit top pairing defenceman in this league I'd say he's worth 6 million a year.

I wish we had a defenceman as good as McCabe. For as bad as people say about him, he's +24 for the last 3 NHL seasons combined which for that Toronto team is actually very good.
Go read Damien Cox's review of Mccabe in today's toronto Star. Not very flattering. At the last Leaf game in the Garden he was minus five.Don't want him, don't need him

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Wow, count me among the surprised that Pock wanted to return. Glad he's sticking around.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 09:10 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Go read Damien Cox's review of Mccabe in today's toronto Star. Not very flattering. At the last Leaf game in the Garden he was minus five.Don't want him, don't need him
Not worried about what a writer has to say about a player that is killed because his his defensive deficiencies when his career stats point to being not so bad in that regards.

The team that he plays for has never been one to dominate a game defensively which means his defensive stats will never look pretty. But for all his warts, he brings other elements to the game that make him alot better than what we have curently.

He's a smarter defenceman than what we have, he's better at the point than any option that we have or have had since Brian Leetch 5-6 years ago.

Defensively he's not great, but I wouldn't label him any worse than the motley crew we have right now.

Old
04-09-2007, 09:37 AM
NYROrtsFan

I'm happy...

Earlier in the season i preferred Rachunek over Pock but then Rachunek just kept getting torched time after time whenever anyone remotely skilled matched up against him 1 on 1.

Pock has been playing very well over the last bunch of games. Only occasionally does he get caught out of position where earlier in the year it was more often.

Rachunek has a very good shot, but it ends there. Pock has surpassed him in terms of everything imo. Glad to see the Rangers see that.

Think it would be good to move Rachunek before the draft. Someone has to be interested. He does have some positives.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Surprise surprise...who says that Pock will stay in NY?
I'm quite sure that he has no NTC
He can be traded as well as Rachunek\Malik.
Rangers have more options now.
Exactly. While it may not be Pock who is moved, it is starting to look like we'll have too many Dmen, especially with 2 or 3 guys from Hartford looking to try and make the next step. It is great to know that we have some extra pieces to deal.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
NYROrtsFan

And I know people hate him, but i really dont see Malik getting traded.

Personally think that Rachunek will get traded and then a number of guys (Including Staal) will get legitimate shots at beating out Pock.

Plus Pock is fine in the 7th defenseman role. Can trust him for the most part and can live with scratching him if need be.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Pizza

Another example of assumptions and exaggerations. The Rangers coaches worked very hard with him to help him improve his weaknesses. He wound up playing in 40+ games, improved himself and seized an opportunity. Good for him.

It's Renney's fault.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Man this just makes things even more complicated.....

Any gueses at the ammount?? 1M$??

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote