HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lady Panthers Let Go

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2014, 01:43 AM
  #26
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Oh, I get it!

Yezzzzz.....skating team!!!! (In Donnie Azof voice)

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 10:39 AM
  #27
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yezzzzz.....skating team!!!! (In Donnie Azof voice)

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 09:39 PM
  #28
RCDeltaFixer
Registered User
 
RCDeltaFixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
I'm a little bit late to the party, but I'm so glad they're doing this. I cringe whenever the Lady Panthers walk (or should I say dance awkwardly) up the aisles. They just make me feel so weird. I go see the games live for just that, to see the game live. I don't care about the rat pack or any of that crap.

RCDeltaFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 02:19 AM
  #29
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDeltaFixer View Post
I'm a little bit late to the party, but I'm so glad they're doing this. I cringe whenever the Lady Panthers walk (or should I say dance awkwardly) up the aisles. They just make me feel so weird. I go see the games live for just that, to see the game live. I don't care about the rat pack or any of that crap.
i honestly didn't mind the lady panthers. they're cheerleaders. cheerleaders are a part of every american sport now...even in high school, so i'm used to it.

the rat pack on the other hand, is probably one of the most annoying and infuriating things i've ever seen a sports team do.

13:50 left in the third period of a game where the panthers are losing 7-1:

"C'MON EVERYBODY!!!! LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!! GO CATS GO!!!"

i realize that those kids are just doing the job that they're told to do, but jesus ****ing christ do i want to punch them in the face.

please, please, please get rid of the rat pack. please?

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 09:02 AM
  #30
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
i honestly didn't mind the lady panthers. they're cheerleaders. cheerleaders are a part of every american sport now...even in high school, so i'm used to it.

the rat pack on the other hand, is probably one of the most annoying and infuriating things i've ever seen a sports team do.

13:50 left in the third period of a game where the panthers are losing 7-1:

"C'MON EVERYBODY!!!! LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!! GO CATS GO!!!"

i realize that those kids are just doing the job that they're told to do, but jesus ****ing christ do i want to punch them in the face.

please, please, please get rid of the rat pack. please?
High School is where it makes the most sense. The bigger the venue, the more difficult to acutally "lead" a cheer. I never found the Lady Panthers to be very motivating in cheering for the team.

I think them being let go might very well mean that we're getting ice-shoveling eye-candy.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 10:02 AM
  #31
Gudbranson44
#44
 
Gudbranson44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUIS View Post
High School is where it makes the most sense. The bigger the venue, the more difficult to acutally "lead" a cheer. I never found the Lady Panthers to be very motivating in cheering for the team.

I think them being let go might very well mean that we're getting ice-shoveling eye-candy.
This!
Now I haven't gone to too many games in my life, but the times I have they just haven't contributed. When the cheers get going, they're usually started by a fan IMO

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 12:06 PM
  #32
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,608
vCash: 500
10x would rather they let the rat pack go.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 06:34 PM
  #33
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 7,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
10x would rather they let the rat pack go.
I hate to wish for anyone to lose their job, but the Rat Pack annoys me to no end and needs extermination.

Also mini Stanley should be downsized (pun intended).

Also the in arena "host" position should be eliminated. A hockey game does not require a "host".

The game day crew IMO should only consist of:
1. a full crew in the booth that can produce replays and cool hockey related video during stoppages of play
2. one Stanley for the kids - preferably one who can skate
3. A DJ who is a hockey fan and has been to other hockey arenas and knows when to play music ... and more importantly when not to
4. Someone who can play the organ a few times a game
5. Bill Murphy on the mike (but not roaming the arena)

__________________




angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 06:45 PM
  #34
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
I'm so glad everyone else hates the rat pack. They're a bunch of buffoons.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 01:55 AM
  #35
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUIS View Post
High School is where it makes the most sense. The bigger the venue, the more difficult to acutally "lead" a cheer. I never found the Lady Panthers to be very motivating in cheering for the team.

I think them being let go might very well mean that we're getting ice-shoveling eye-candy.
the lady panthers aren't (weren't) there to start cheers. they're just a dance team/ eye candy.

I've gotten so used to cheerleaders in sports that I just didn't care about them. they didn't do anything for me, but they also didn't ignore me. they were just there

the rat pack on the other hand, is one of the most painfully annoying things this team has ever done.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 08:42 AM
  #36
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 7,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
the lady panthers aren't (weren't) there to start cheers. they're just a dance team/ eye candy.

I've gotten so used to cheerleaders in sports that I just didn't care about them. they didn't do anything for me, but they also didn't ignore me. they were just there

the rat pack on the other hand, is one of the most painfully annoying things this team has ever done.
I've had Rat Pack member obstruct my view of a goal scored with one of their ridiculous signs.

I had one spray silly string into a beer that I had paid $8 for minutes earlier.

They need to go.

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 12:33 PM
  #37
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I've had Rat Pack member obstruct my view of a goal scored with one of their ridiculous signs.

I had one spray silly string into a beer that I had paid $8 for minutes earlier.

They need to go.
This is serious grounds for immediate dismissal if you ask me.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.