HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interview with Jesse Winchester

Old
07-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Eurolanche
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Eurolanche Send a message via Skype™ to Eurolanche
Interview with Jesse Winchester

Link: http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=5050

You tweeted your dream come true after you have signed a contract with the Avalanche. Were the Avs really one of your top teams where you would like to play for?

Patrick Roy and Peter Forsberg were my two favorite players growing up, so to be able to play for the Avs after watching them so closely for so many years really is a dream comes true.

Can you explain us the day when you signed the contract?

July 1st was indeed a special day for me and family. When the Avs approached me I was more excited than anything, and jumped at the opportunity to jump on board with such a young and talented team.

Have you talked to someone from Colorado about your primary role on the roster in the coming season? If not, can you tell us your own plan of your role?

I try not to concern myself with where I fit in, or who I play against. That's for the coaches to decide, and for the experts to talk an out. What I can tell you are this: I take pride in being a solid teammate a guy who puts the teams interests ahead of his own and I want to be the hardest working player on the ice, each and every day.

What does it mean for you to play under Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic?

Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic are two of the classiest and most accomplished players that I grew up watching. To join a team headed by them, is to join a team which is clearly committed to winning, and I could not be happier or hungrier to join such an exciting group.

You spent a lot of time in NCAA and made NHL debut at the age of 25. How do you remember on this part of your life?

My college hockey experience was amazing. It opened up so many doors for me hockey wise and away from the rink, and I was so fortunate to graduate alongside some of the coolest friends in the world. On the ice, college hockey allowed me four extra years to improve my game before turning pro which was important because I was never drafted.

You played for two NHL teams Ottawa Senators and Florida Panthers. Where do you like it more and why?

I loved my time in both Ottawa and Florida. Ottawa was special because I was so close to family and friends and it was a great place to start my pro career, but Florida was great because I was as to reestablish myself as a player in the league. The weather was nice too.

What is your most memorable game of your NHL career?

I have a few special memories in the NHL. Some of my fondest ones are my first game, first goal, and first playoff series.

How do you remember on your experience in Finland?

My time in Finland was a worthwhile experience. I was treated so well, and enjoyed every minute of my time there. The level of hockey was incredible, as were the people that I met.

When you will come to Denver?

I plan to come to Denver for the beginning of September so that I can become acquainted with the city, and team before the season gets underway.

Eurolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

vCash: 50
Great work as usual.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 01:21 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Your interviews are exceptional, thank you. I really like how you've expanded to talking to a wide variety of our prospects and players.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Spender
Why not us?

Thank you for these interviews, they're great!

Spender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 02:40 AM
Foppa2118

You can tell he has that love of the Avalanche the same way Dutchy does. Nobody else really has that love for the Avs it seems. Some guys kind of liked them a little bit, or liked certain players, but you can tell he's as pumped as any of us would be to play for the Avs because he followed them closely when he was younger.

Jury's still out on Bleackley though. He might have it too.

Thanks as always for the interview!

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 03:14 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Oh Bleackley has it for sure, he might love the Avs more than Duchene did. Definitely not just a "oh I idolized Sakic". He followed the team. I went back and listened to some old interviews of his and some guys were ribbing him a bit for not being a Flames fan from Calgary but he was emphatic, he's an Avs fan and always has been.

Old
07-28-2014, 05:12 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
You can tell he has that love of the Avalanche the same way Dutchy does. Nobody else really has that love for the Avs it seems. Some guys kind of liked them a little bit, or liked certain players, but you can tell he's as pumped as any of us would be to play for the Avs because he followed them closely when he was younger.

Jury's still out on Bleackley though. He might have it too.

Thanks as always for the interview!
Landeskog strikes me as this type lol. IIRC he grew up an Avs fan but it was more so because of Peter Forsberg and less to do with the actual team. Dutchy however just takes it to a different dimension, memorizing blade curves of players and stuff I love that, wouldn't want anyone else as the face of the franchise. Love MacKinnon, but Dutchy embodies an Av

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 06:23 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Nah I don't think Landy was an Avs fan, like you said Forsberg for sure but he's said that in Sweden they didn't follow teams as much. I've heard a few rumors that he liked a few other teams. And MacKinnon the same, he liked Sid so he was definitely a Pens fan. That's ok, they can't all be like Duchene. And yes, it's pretty cool when a player already has passion for the organization. It will be fun to see if Winchester feels the same.