HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanahan on 'Rome is Burning' on ESPN now

Old
04-09-2007, 03:31 PM
dank

vCash: 500
Shanahan on 'Rome is Burning' on ESPN now

just left ESPN on and found out about it.. will summarize some info on it.. tune in to watch SHanny!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:33 PM
TheRedressor

was it already on? Just turned it on and I haven't seen Shanny

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
dank

after this commercial..

Old
BJo

Will be on after this commerical apparently. Love seeing the highlight of him scoring past Martinek and Zhitnik. Wish we had those guys now

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Petemo

No, show just started. Keep Watching.

He had Roenick on the other day, man I love how weird JR is.

I just came here to post this, haha.

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:38 PM
BJo

Does Rome know anything about hockey?

Old
04-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Petemo

no not at all

Old
04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
no not at all
I figured. He's on ESPN. Melrose and Buchigross are the only 2 who know anything on that network

Old
04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Petemo

Bucci is getting worse and worse, he doesnt know what hes talking about, he just stirs things up.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
BJo

He's so right about the rule changes and physicality

Old
04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Crease

Looks like Shannys found a replacement tooth for the show.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
no not at all
I've heard he's actually a pretty big hockey fan. Just doesn't get much time to talk about it since he's pretty much required to have it as the last topic of conversation priority wise.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
BJo

What a terrible interview. He didn't ask him anything about the playoffs or what he expects. When i hear Shanahan interviewed i expect to hear about the playoffs. He asked about the rule changes the entire time. Didn't we have last season to hear about the rule changes. That really pisses me off. It's like he hasn't thought about hockey in the last 24 months and had to catch up on the rule changes. that sucked.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
TheRedressor

He definetly knows his fair share about hockey. Wouldn't put him on Bucci's level but definetly above that of someone like Mike and The Dog

Old
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
What a terrible interview. He didn't ask him anything about the playoffs or what he expects. When i hear Shanahan interviewed i expect to hear about the playoffs. He asked about the rule changes the entire time. Didn't we have last season to hear about the rule changes. That really pisses me off. It's like he hasn't thought about hockey in the last 24 months and had to catch up on the rule changes. that sucked.
He did talk about facing off against Bob Hartley.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
He definetly knows his fair share about hockey. Wouldn't put him on Bucci's level but definetly above that of someone like Mike and The Dog
i would put my dwight bobble head doll above mike and the mad dog in terms of hockey knowledge....and it was made in china!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:49 PM
BJo

Quote:
Mike Francesa was complaining about the NHL scheduling today. The entire time i was thinking to myself, "Yea like you werre going to watch any of it anyway." Those two are morons. I can't listen to them talk hockey. Mad Dog calls Dipietro Dipierto. At least Sommers watches the games. I hate that he calls us "icelanders" but at least he has some knowledge. The only thing worse then no one talkin hockey is when people who dont know anything talk hockey.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
BJo

Quote:
He did talk about facing off against Bob Hartley.
yea but that was one question. Almostt all the interview was unrelated to the playoffs.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Mike Francesa was complaining about the NHL scheduling today. The entire time i was thinking to myself, "Yea like you werre going to watch any of it anyway." Those two are morons. I can't listen to them talk hockey. Mad Dog calls Dipietro Dipierto. At least Sommers watches the games. I hate that he calls us "icelanders" but at least he has some knowledge. The only thing worse then no one talkin hockey is when people who dont know anything talk hockey.
You'd be suprised, seems like Francesa was a HUGE Rangers fan back in the Messier era. He obviously knows **** at this point about the metro area teams. What we need at this point is success from the three teams so hockey can infiltrate the radio airwaves and take away time from game 8 of the f'ing baseball season.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
BJo

Quote:
You'd be suprised, seems like Francesa was a HUGE Rangers fan back in the Messier era. He obviously knows **** at this point about the metro area teams. What we need at this point is success from the three teams so hockey can infiltrate the radio airwaves and take away time from game 8 of the f'ing baseball season.
Exactly. Yesterday FAN was talkin hockey all day. It was great. I'm rooting for all 3 teams to advance. I hate the Rangers a lot but its much better hearing about the NHL on the radio waves.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
GarretJoseph*

i could see Shanahan becoming a TV guy after hes done playing.. thats if he doesnt wanna be a coach...

he'd be better than Ray Ferrero, thats for sure. He sucks.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
dank

Transcript

Rome:How are you?

(No gap tooth)

Rome: You guys were 11th in conference in February. Six weeks of playing hard, does it beat you down physically or does it get you ready for the playoffs?

Shanny: It gets you better prepared. In Detroit it was opposite we were sitting pretty at the top and we played against teams who battled. That’s where we’re at now, up from 11th to 6th. We’re not tired we also like being the underdogs

Rome: How tough was it to leave Hockey-town?

Shanny It was tough, but I had to follow my instincts.. With Yzerman leaving and others, it was different. I figured it was time to make a move and try something else. Nice to leave on good terms, and go back there and have friends. I wanted a new challenge, and to take control of destiny before my career was over.

Rome: ATL first round.

Shanny: We are excited about it, ATL is a great team, exciting team, exciting players. Bob Hartley that’s the real test, he coaches to win, that kind of pivotal coach in the New NHL. Their style is what every one likes to watch.

Rome: There is a new style in the game, you were a big part of that, do u like new rules?

Shanny Yeah, new rules have taken effect, it was getting bogged down before. Its good because now players learn how to be physical with new rules, all the parts of the game are picking up, hitting etc. But now its getting back to learning how to play. It has improved in the past year and half.

Rome: What if Hull, Mario or 99, were in their 20s now?

Shanny: It would be fantastic, its amazing we didn’t do it sooner. We all needed to be on same page. Hockey is the only sport which has a competition committee, current players, owners, GMs, etc. We know whats exciting and we do have respect for the history of the game.

Rome: Jeremy Roenick was here last week, and stated that since you are opening things up it might make it harder for older players, etc. Was it possible you were greasing the tracks for the end of your own career?

Shanny: Maybe, but we made adjustments, as far as for smaller players, etc. I guess knowing going into it we were finally serious in general for the game, and I made a commitment to my game for the NHL.

Rome: Concussion, how tough it dealing and coming back?

Shanny: Any athlete knows it’s the scariest injury and there is no timetable. Each one is unique. Helped me that it was my first. It definitely helped, it was not pleasant, but the good thing is I was back to working out in 3 weeks, ice in 4 and a half. Been lucky, but it was a doozy..

Rome: Brendan it was nice to have you again, good luck.

Old
04-09-2007, 04:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
He had an interest because he had a TV show at the time Live from the Play-by-Play.

04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Exactly. Yesterday FAN was talkin hockey all day. It was great. I'm rooting for all 3 teams to advance. I hate the Rangers a lot but its much better hearing about the NHL on the radio waves.
I actually would like all 4 Atlantic division teams to advance. I think that would be pretty awesome!

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
BJo

Wow anyone watching around the horn? Who wants to punch Jay Mariotti in his shnoz. Cowlishaw is giving his NHL predictions and Mariotti is telling him that no one cares.