HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2014, 11:17 PM
tescosamoa

vCash: 500
My souvenir sales per game have passed my media sponsor . lol. Basketball.

Old
07-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Bulls4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
My souvenir sales per game have passed my media sponsor . lol. Basketball.
yeah, but season 1 media sponsor is a joke lol

Old
07-28-2014, 06:58 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

And... time for a little nerd rage in basketball again. My point guards must be made of glass or something. My 2 backups both went down for some pretty significant time not too long ago, and I know that contributed to me dropping 8 games in a row. Now my starter is down for 10 days. So ****ing sick of that. Can't wait to drop another inordinate number of games in a row.

Old
07-28-2014, 07:46 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4ever View Post
My vote for the draft: BUST
3 of the Bs were 2.5-3.0 stars while one was 3.0-3.5

Not much difference from previous draft. Only difference is that some were 2.5, but i also had seen 4.0 on old draft.

28 days scouting daily for THAT????

If my league were not "dead" with few pro managers who pre selected i would probably had only 2 Bs for all of the 28 days of work

BUST
The problem with soccer is that players need more attributes than in hockey and if just one of those has a poor quality, it brings down the potential rating quite a bit. This is the first draft in soccer so you really can't compare it to anything.

Old
07-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Bulls4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
The problem with soccer is that players need more attributes than in hockey and if just one of those has a poor quality, it brings down the potential rating quite a bit. This is the first draft in soccer so you really can't compare it to anything.
sure ... so lets compare to my REGULAR Sports Academy and use PPME ...

Academy Pulls this season - all 15yo
-----------------
CM 84% Enrico Paris
SM 73% Ray Shanks
CM 91% Harry Crosby
SM 77% Russell Wiggins
CF 86% Wade Pickens

Draft Picks
-----------------
GK 67% Willie Mckenna - 1st Round
CF 74% Michael Marshall - 2nd round
SM 73% Taylor Clayton - 3rd round
CM 71% Allen Applebee - 4th round

So now, what is the best thing to do? click once a week to get 5 players from 73 to 84% OR click 5 times for 28 days, plus prepare spreadsheet and be available on sunday for 67-74% ??

come on Canucks, you are acting like you are either blind or have PPM stocks.

Seriously, draft will only be worth something if we scout and we know that
A = 4.5 or 5 stars = 10 available
B= 4.0 or 4.5 stars = 20 available
C= 3.5 or 4.0 stars = 40 available
D = 3.0 or 3.5 = 80 available
E = hidden gen = 1 to 5 available
F = FAIL = to be determined

I mean .. make it progressive not less than 1% of women and then 30% or so of ugly women and 60% of men

or make players have much better OR. whatever, but make it 200% better than regular pulls!!! make it special and not a hardship !!!!
reduce number of As and Bs If there are dead or nonames in the league. if 50% are nonames, then reduce As and Bs to 50%

Last edited by Bulls4ever: 07-28-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old
07-28-2014, 12:29 PM
camrawrn

Is it not possible to set a handball lineup on mobile, or am I just stupid?

Old
07-28-2014, 12:40 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Is it not possible to set a handball lineup on mobile, or am I just stupid?
Not sure, but those two options may not be mutually exclusive.

EDIT: Just checked, was able to modify my line-up on my phone. I'm sorry man, but it looks like its the latter.

Last edited by redcard: 07-28-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old
07-28-2014, 01:19 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post

EDIT: Just checked, was able to modify my line-up on my phone. I'm sorry man, but it looks like its the latter.

Quote:

I mean .. make it progressive not less than 1% of women and then 30% or so of ugly women and 60%
That's insane. Every team in the league should get a superstar every season?

No. What they need is to make all drafts like US I.1. We had 4 As drafted and one left on the board. And we had three hidden gems, only one picked. That's a good prize. Plus one of the Bs I drafted has 481 OR. That's not bad either. All in all, this was a good draft.

If it is true that all hidden gems are Ds, then that needs to be changed.

Old
07-28-2014, 01:33 PM
canucks357

Quote:

-----------------
CM 84% Enrico Paris
SM 73% Ray Shanks
CM 91% Harry Crosby
SM 77% Russell Wiggins
CF 86% Wade Pickens

Draft Picks
-----------------
GK 67% Willie Mckenna - 1st Round
CF 74% Michael Marshall - 2nd round
SM 73% Taylor Clayton - 3rd round
CM 71% Allen Applebee - 4th round

So now, what is the best thing to do? click once a week to get 5 players from 73 to 84% OR click 5 times for 28 days, plus prepare spreadsheet and be available on sunday for 67-74% ??

come on Canucks, you are acting like you are either blind or have PPM stocks.

I mean .. make it progressive not less than 1% of women and then 30% or so of ugly women and 60% of men

or make players have much better OR. whatever, but make it 200% better than regular pulls!!! make it special and not a hardship !!!!
reduce number of As and Bs If there are dead or nonames in the league. if 50% are nonames, then reduce As and Bs to 50%
Easy on the name calling there chief. I think your expectations are too lofty. Those players you pulled this season, I'm lucky if I get them over a span of 5 seasons.

The draft is based on THE SAME ODDS AS THE SPORTS ACADEMY! So if your academy is better than what you've drafted you either have:

1) Very lucky academy
2) Bad draft luck
3) Bad draft strategy
4) Two or more of the above

Old
07-28-2014, 01:50 PM
redcard

Quote:
The draft is based on THE SAME ODDS AS THE SPORTS ACADEMY! So if your academy is better than what you've drafted you either have:

1) Very lucky academy
Quote:

-----------------
CM 84% Enrico Paris
CM 91% Harry Crosby
CF 86% Wade Pickens
57 days into the season and 3 players over 84% should immediately answer that question.

Old
07-28-2014, 02:03 PM
camrawrn

Quote:

Well, poo. Looks like my mommy was right, I's an idiot.

Old
07-28-2014, 02:15 PM
feichter

Strating to put a decent puck team up now...anyway I can copy+paste a screenshot of my roster to get an evaluation done by you guys maybe? I'll get a YTD essay about my strategy+beginnings here soon when I have a few secs someday.

Also, running out of friendly matches...seems like noone responds much to requests...or maybe it's just me...haha. Little help? I have more success on here.
http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...83126-hc-sj-nb

Thanks!
-Matt.

Old
07-28-2014, 03:00 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Well, poo. Looks like my mommy was right, I's an idiot.
Don't be too hard on yourself, they have institutions for people just like you so you don't feel alone in the world.

Like this one, you'd fit right in here.

Old
07-28-2014, 04:10 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by feichter View Post
Strating to put a decent puck team up now...anyway I can copy+paste a screenshot of my roster to get an evaluation done by you guys maybe? I'll get a YTD essay about my strategy+beginnings here soon when I have a few secs someday.

Also, running out of friendly matches...seems like noone responds much to requests...or maybe it's just me...haha. Little help? I have more success on here.
http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...83126-hc-sj-nb

Thanks!
-Matt.
Are you using PPMe?

Old
07-28-2014, 04:38 PM
slacklar

Quote:
Those seem to be standard numbers. My league had 296 players and 2 A, 41 B and 52 Cs. Another manager fired me some data from his German league and they had, in a 328 team league, 2 A, 33 B, 55 C.

So, for 200-300 people having 2 As is far too low to jive with the information I was told.

I suspect As are the new A+ and Bs are the old As. I suppose we'll find out in 35min. Here's hoping I'm right. Otherwise, watch out for the PPM rage tomorrow.
Yeah, from what I've read on the Dutch forums 2-3 As per division seems to be the going rate. My A player had 4* stars in defense, 3,5* everywhere else. My two B players had 3-3,5* stars though their starting OR is very similar to the A. Unscouted one of the B's looks better than the A. Which seems to be another theme. There's very little difference between the A players and some of the B's being posted.

It's nice that B's, at least at first glance, seem to be useful players and there's enough there for 2 rounds worth if you're in an active division. There's still little to no top end talent though. Overall it's an improvement, but definitely short of what you were sold and subsequently told us.

Old
07-28-2014, 06:19 PM
feichter

Quote:
Are you using PPMe?

Hehe...I'm gonna say no b/c I'm not sure. That the pay-to-play thing? I'm kinda too cheap for that.

Old
07-28-2014, 06:31 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by feichter View Post
Hehe...I'm gonna say no b/c I'm not sure. That the pay-to-play thing? I'm kinda too cheap for that.
It is a browser extension and free. Check it out!
FORUM THREAD - has a link to a PPM Mag article explaining it as well as screenshots and download links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacklar View Post
Yeah, from what I've read on the Dutch forums 2-3 As per division seems to be the going rate. My A player had 4* stars in defense, 3,5* everywhere else. My two B players had 3-3,5* stars though their starting OR is very similar to the A. Unscouted one of the B's looks better than the A. Which seems to be another theme. There's very little difference between the A players and some of the B's being posted.

It's nice that B's, at least at first glance, seem to be useful players and there's enough there for 2 rounds worth if you're in an active division. There's still little to no top end talent though. Overall it's an improvement, but definitely short of what you were sold and subsequently told us.
I went 4/4 with 6/6 B players in I.1 . Pulled 3 (1,2,4) of them, likely will keep 1 (1).

Last edited by canucks357: 07-28-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old
07-28-2014, 06:59 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Don't be too hard on yourself, they have institutions for people just like you so you don't feel alone in the world.

Hahahaha, good job. I think I may be overqualified, though.

Old
07-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:

Don't poke the bear! They're my neighbors and if we get invaded, I'm going down first. Let me tell you, I'd roll over like a Chihuahua who wants a Beggin Strip.

Old
07-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Bulls4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post

That's insane. Every team in the league should get a superstar every season?

No. What they need is to make all drafts like US I.1. We had 4 As drafted and one left on the board. And we had three hidden gems, only one picked. That's a good prize. Plus one of the Bs I drafted has 481 OR. That's not bad either. All in all, this was a good draft.

If it is true that all hidden gems are Ds, then that needs to be changed.
No, that is why i placed the "D" to be determined. Could even be more players than before. And I just gave an example for "progression". just think 0% A+ is, less than 1% A and then several Bs, few Cs and a whole bunch of Ds are not ideal.

As I mentioned, I am up to "whatever" changes that make the draft special and not just another academy pull but with tons of unnecessary work from us.

That could be: add players with more OR, add players with already some experience

add hints on what positions they should be drafted (and give us less scouting)

draft strategy? how can one have strategy. we dont even know what positions we are till late of the scouting.

draft strategy available ...
1. Scout all 6/6
2. scout players by specific positions
3. Scout all 5/6 universal
3. Scout all 5/6 non universal
4. Scout players by name : whatever name looks cool

strategy? there is no strategy really since we don't know much about the players other than their CL, side and position

Old
07-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Bulls4ever

Quote:
Easy on the name calling there chief. I think your expectations are too lofty. Those players you pulled this season, I'm lucky if I get them over a span of 5 seasons.

1) Very lucky academy
2) Bad draft luck
3) Bad draft strategy
4) Two or more of the above
btw, it was not "name calling". if you feel offended i apologize. It is just a "common" brazilian expression when someone just can't seen to see because one is too attached to something or whatever .. like ... "love is blind"

I can give more samples from 16 and 17 yo. I can tell you that it just dont make the cut.

draft luck? ask around and you will see B players are 3.0 or 3.5. all the AQ i mentioned are the ones they have "unscouted".

Based on the Bs I scouted, if the league were FULL active, I'd be able to draft only one B in the first round. None of the others would be available. 2 Bs if I were "very" luck. since only like 4 or 5 people were selecting i was able to grab Bs in all rounds.

My highest OR was in the 4th round!!!! that is also wrong. highest OR should be on the first round. This is just like normal academy where the OR is "randon" among the given players.

Other ways that can improve the 1st round player while still have more As available

1. Make sure the OR follow the draft round. 1st round gets more OR than 2nd and then 3rd and then 4th.
2. Have more hidden gens. Those gens will have more OR in the round as well. so that drafting a hidden gem would remove the OR drop from rounds.
3. even if there are more As, if one select on 3rd round it may not even be that great, for some, as the starting OR is "low"

I mean ,, even if i could only draft one B in my first round but at least the OR would be much better than normal academy pull it would be a "special" thing.

all i am asking is to make draft special and not just like academy but with the hardship. And i am throwing up some suggestions/brainstorming.

Old
07-28-2014, 09:26 PM
tescosamoa

I am good with the draft. There were a few useful grabs in II.4 Not for me as my staff is too low... But these drafts really make you want to get better staff. Next year or the year after.

The handball one looks great so far. Good spread of letters already. 2 A's 5 B's 1 C and rest all D's

Old
07-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Bulls4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I am good with the draft. There were a few useful grabs in II.4 Not for me as my staff is too low... But these drafts really make you want to get better staff. Next year or the year after.

The handball one looks great so far. Good spread of letters already. 2 A's 5 B's 1 C and rest all D's
being a "pro" manager there is NO hardship, so yeah .. draft is not too bad as it add more than the sports academy can offer.

being a non pro .. well .. all it did was to
1. Get all (or most) of the players in 3 or better quality stars. It will never (or seldom do) in regular sports academy pull
2. Ability to choose position/side. Impossible from regular sports academy

My biggest concern is that.
1. Very few managers are using the draft. The pro ones i guess they do, non pro, very few ever show up.
2. because of what is stated #1, the draft greatly benefit pro managers. They will often if not always) pull great players while non pro will get some random player. From current sports academy, everyone has the same shot at getting a great player.
3. Relegating in purpose is a great strategy: Competing against nonames to pull players is a non brainier. Managers should be motivated to move forward not backward.

so for example, if number of As and Bs are reduced based on number of noname (or teams with less than 21 logins or so) then relegating just to draft great players isnt worth anymore.

If ORs are related to round selection, then even if a team drafts all As, they wont have the same OR. Example a 500 A on first round and 250 Or on 4th. It would sure help new teams but established managers will mostly care for 1st round. that increases competitiveness.

and there could be many many many many other suggestions that could make the draft "different" and unique and would help in the process to increase competitiveness.

currently it is just a slight better version of Sports Academy.

Old
07-29-2014, 04:04 AM
Bulls4ever

Lets go ....
soccer 16yo players - wasnt playing much that season ...
-------------------
DM 85% Erik Schoenknecht
SM 70% Paul Cardenas
DM 73% Bubba Ellison
SF 76% Mark Bartlett
CF 79% Young Eichinger

17yo players
==============
CF 77% Nicholas Allard
GK 72% Marcus Schroeder
SD 72% Shawn O'Rourke
DM 72% Allan Sabourin
SD 69% Ben Herron
SM 76% Sylvan Sutton
CF 72% Shaun Manning

So .. this is over a full real life year. It just seems that .. meh .. just like normal good SA pull. sure, I wont get those players on every pull but in a season i can get them without the hardship.

I dont think that asking for ONE (or two) potential franchise player per season from draft to most everyone is asking too much, specially in soccer or hockey where there are several needed players to complete a team.

and talking about luck ... i only pulled ONCE in my ppm live a player of 4 or more stars in soccer. and that was a player on my first season when i didnt have TF to train him. he is now 22yo CF 72% CL 4/6

in short a top prospect not very wanted now due to CL being 4/6 and "too" old is still better than than those picks! with that said the main source of top players will still be in the market. And we love how the market is played, right?

Market example:
1. bought Omar Sans when he was 16yo for 1.4M He is now 21yo (and luckily still 5/6) with 82% CM
2. bought Goalie Szcezpan Derkacz when he was 15yo for 70k! he is now 22 CL 4/6 and still a not too bad 65%. not too bad compared to the B quality draft picks.
2. Lukas Bukac. Bought when he was 16yo for 260k. now he is 22 yo 4/6 and 66% CM

this is the value of the B picks!!! 70k to 1M

reality is: Market is much easier and simple (and cheap)

all i am asking is a fair chance to, each season, get a player that i could never pull in 2 real life years playing this game. Drafting players that i draft in my weekly basis or can buy for 200k is not what i envision for my "wasted" time to scout, prepare and draft those players. Or in some cases, real money spent.

Last edited by Bulls4ever: 07-29-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old
07-29-2014, 07:39 AM
feichter

Quote:
It is a browser extension and free. Check it out!
FORUM THREAD - has a link to a PPM Mag article explaining it as well as screenshots and download links.
Got it now, no idea it existed, thanks. Looks like I had all my players in the right spot, so that's a start.

I just need to stay on the stadium capacity+facility upgrades now. Pretty sure I can basically sleepwalk my way through the season as a middling team in my league based on my roster, no demotion threat.

Hard to remember the nuances to this game, b/c I played the beta+1st few seasons, then left the game. I also played this one and hockeyarena.net and am kinda confusing things a bit. Deffo enjoying this run though.

-Matt.

Closed Thread