2014-15 Predictions

Old
07-28-2014, 09:13 AM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckatron 3000 View Post
... which will at least be better than '17/18, when the Zambonis become self sentient and revolt against their human masters, as civilization as we know it comes to a horrific and undeniably bizarre end.

(This is Puckatron working towards the "posts drunk most often" award for next year.)
Nope, no dice. The self sentient Zamboni theory is a little too plausible for it to count as a drunken post. But nice try.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 10:31 AM
boanst

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckatron 3000 View Post
... which will at least be better than '17/18, when the Zambonis become self sentient and revolt against their human masters, as civilization as we know it comes to a horrific and undeniably bizarre end.

(This is Puckatron working towards the "posts drunk most often" award for next year.)
Maybe the Best Speller While Drunk award.

boanst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 01:40 PM
drumzan
#NHLJets

The Jets will draft 7th-13th like they always do. I'm gonna say 8th

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 04:03 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 366
Prediction......Jets will draft in the 5 th spot as both Calgary and Edmonton pass us.The 4 teams below us will be Buffalo,Florida, Toronto and Ottawa.

Prediction # 2 we will win the lottery pick at number 5 and get to pick Mcdavid

Prediction # 3 we go on a small rebuild and get 2 extra late 1st rounders on trades that happen 10 days to a week b4 the trade deadline

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Puckatron 3000
Glitchy Prototype

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Nope, no dice. The self sentient Zamboni theory is a little too plausible for it to count as a drunken post. But nice try.
Dangit! I should have posted something utterly ridiculous, like we'd get .920 sv% in '14/15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanst View Post
Maybe the Best Speller While Drunk award.
Aye dunno, if schumbodi tipes liek thish, it alwayz lOoksh liek fake intox-*hickup*... fake intoxi-*hickup*... fake drunk too mE.

Puckatron 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 06:55 PM
uTurris
We the True North

I'd bump my thread up.

But i think this is how central looks

1. Chicago
2. Minnesota
3. Dallas
---------- Wild Card
4. Colorado
5. St. Louis
---------- Miss
6. Nashville
7. Winnipeg

And when you're in a division like that, I expect the team to be whipped almost every game. Especially since Pavelec is in net. Nashville will play hard against us too, considering they want to look good and take the losing anger out on us to say to they NHL that they don't suck.

And if we're a Cup contender, I'd say we'd get higher in the standings. But it won't happen unless we get Connor McDavid. I say after we got McDavid the playoffs would happen his rookie season.

uTurris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Master Scheif
he's cookin'

vCash: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post
I'd bump my thread up.

But i think this is how central looks

1. Chicago
2. Minnesota
3. Dallas
---------- Wild Card
4. Colorado
5. St. Louis
---------- Miss
6. Nashville
7. Winnipeg

And when you're in a division like that, I expect the team to be whipped almost every game. Especially since Pavelec is in net. Nashville will play hard against us too, considering they want to look good and take the losing anger out on us to say to they NHL that they don't suck.

And if we're a Cup contender, I'd say we'd get higher in the standings. But it won't happen unless we get Connor McDavid. I say after we got McDavid the playoffs would happen his rookie season.
I approve of this only because a fellow scheif fan posted this at 5:55. I know it wasn't intentional, but

Master Scheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 12:26 AM
uTurris
We the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Scheif View Post
I approve of this only because a fellow scheif fan posted this at 5:55. I know it wasn't intentional, but
Ha, never thought of that.

Old
07-29-2014, 12:55 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

My best guess... of course, anything can happen.

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Dallas
---------- Wild Card
4. Minnesota
5. Nashville
---------- Miss
6. Colorado
7. Winnipeg

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 05:07 AM
ps241
Good luck Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Dallas
---------- Wild Card
4. Minnesota
5. Nashville
---------- Miss
6. Colorado
7. Winnipeg
I have no idea how to slot Nashville in now that Lavi is in the house but other than that this looks close in my mind on paper at least.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Jetabre
Laine to the Jets

1. St. Louis
2. Chicago
3. Dallas

4. Minnesota
5. Colorado

6. Winnipeg
7. Nashville

As my guess.

Jetabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 07:27 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

ǝןןıʌɥsɐu
bǝdıuuıʍ
--------
opɐɹoןoɔ
sɐןןɐp
-------
ɐʇosǝuuıɯ
sınoן ʇs
obɐɔıɥɔ

I think Winnipeg will finish 2nd in the division, behind Nashville.

I do think we'll fight for the last wildcard spot - with the loss of a couple of key players, and some regression in net for the Avs and some improvement from a Pavs/Hutch tandem, I could see the Jets fighting with them for the last berth.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 11:04 AM
puck stoppa

I put this in the Frolik thread but think it belongs here:
I know the central got better, but am I the only guy that thinks we can at least compete for a wildcard? We had many one goal games last year that could have gone either way. If wheeler starts playing from game 1, Kane has a career year, and pavs and hutch have a healthy battle in net, then I think we are right there, but I seem like the only one here.

Teams that finish below us will be:
EDM, CAL, VAN, PHX, NSH, COL
For sures will be:
ANA, LA, STL, CHI, MIN, SJ

So that leaves us competing with Dallas. Yes they made great moves, but that doesn't mean it will translate on the ice. I think we will be competing for that last wildcard with them. There will be many changes in the standings as we saw what ANA and COL did last year.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 01:01 PM
EastRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
ǝןןıʌɥsɐu
bǝdıuuıʍ
--------
opɐɹoןoɔ
sɐןןɐp
-------
ɐʇosǝuuıɯ
sınoן ʇs
obɐɔıɥɔ

I think Winnipeg will finish 2nd in the division, behind Nashville.

I do think we'll fight for the last wildcard spot - with the loss of a couple of key players, and some regression in net for the Avs and some improvement from a Pavs/Hutch tandem, I could see the Jets fighting with them for the last berth.
Good thing you explained your standings because if not I'd have assumed that you had Winnipeg in first.

EastRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 01:31 PM
drumzan
#NHLJets

Quote:

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Dallas
---------- Wild Card
4. Minnesota
5. Nashville
---------- Miss
6. Colorado
7. Winnipeg
Completely agree Garret. Although, I may switch Dal and Min.

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

vCash: 325
Quote:

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Dallas
---------- Wild Card
4. Minnesota
5. Nashville
---------- Miss
6. Colorado
7. Winnipeg
I'm surprised you rate Nashville so highly. Seems to me you are expecting an awful lot from Rinne. I get the expectation for Colorado to regress but out of the playoffs? That would be as remarkable as their 1st in the div was last year.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 01:39 PM
WaveRaven

vCash: 109
I have us 7th in the central ...... and only EDM,CGY worse than us in the west .....

Chi
STL
Col
Dal
Min
Nsh
WPG

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Tintin's Ghost

No playoffs? It's not even August yet. Way too early guys. We're not that weak on paper.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 02:23 PM
JC Numminen
#goldrush

vCash: 172
I've said it before, but I cannot see us finishing in the basement of the central next year.

On paper, I would say we are currently stronger than Nashville for sure. Colorado is a toss up, but I think they will regress a ton and we will finish ahead of them. The Wild could be a toss up as well.

I say we finish at least 5th in the Central.

JC Numminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Guerzy
I'm a raving lunatic

vCash: 69
The realist in me says the cold hard truth is, this team just didn't improve enough this offseason (to this point, anyway) to make any sort of positive strides forward. Playoffs? I just don't see it, unfortunately.

On the flip side, there is a small hunch I have that this group could maybe surprise in the way Ottawa did in 2012-13 or Colorado did last year. I really do like our top 9 forwards, maybe O'Dell hits his stride and contributes enough, or maybe Chevy still finds that "top 6 forward" he said he still wanted on July 1st. Clearly lots would need to go right for that (playoffs) to happen, I understand that. Goaltending, staying healthy, getting productive years from lots of our guys, etc. But I do feel with Maurice leading the way and the entire group being on board (where as to me they never were and were never going to be under Noel), there's a chance here I feel we could surprise. I have always felt we were never as bad as we showed under Noel from the get-go in 2011. I am looking forward to seeing if this group all hops on board and buys in with Maurice. I think they can. Not saying it will be easy, and [repeat] we will need some key performances, but... that's my hunch.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 03:12 PM
uTurris
We the True North

I have a feeling Rinne will have such a bad year in Nashville. He then either gets traded or bought-out. Like I think he'll be this years Pavelec. I just don't think him and Laviolette will click and ends up getting traded at the deadline.

My guess is the Capitals. I just think he'd be a good fit there dispite the fact Trotz is coach there. But I do think Trotz makes Holtby a better goalie.

Old
07-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
The realist in me says the cold hard truth is, this team just didn't improve enough this offseason (to this point, anyway) to make any sort of positive strides forward. Playoffs? I just don't see it, unfortunately.

On the flip side, there is a small hunch I have that this group could maybe surprise in the way Ottawa did in 2012-13 or Colorado did last year. I really do like our top 9 forwards, maybe O'Dell hits his stride and contributes enough, or maybe Chevy still finds that "top 6 forward" he said he still wanted on July 1st. Clearly lots would need to go right for that (playoffs) to happen, I understand that. Goaltending, staying healthy, getting productive years from lots of our guys, etc. But I do feel with Maurice leading the way and the entire group being on board (where as to me they never were and were never going to be under Noel), there's a chance here I feel we could surprise. I have always felt we were never as bad as we showed under Noel from the get-go in 2011. I am looking forward to seeing if this group all hops on board and buys in with Maurice. I think they can. Not saying it will be easy, and [repeat] we will need some key performances, but... that's my hunch.
Thanks. I needed that.

Old
07-29-2014, 05:07 PM
meedle

vCash: 3775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post

That's great in theory and I agree with the top9 but we have 0 depth, and any injury at all we have NO-ONE to replace them. That is the main problem I see with this team. Of course we can have Thorburn play on the 2nd line some more and I know that will please everyone on the boards.

meedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Mortimer Snerd
Free Pavelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
That's great in theory and I agree with the top9 but we have 0 depth, and any injury at all we have NO-ONE to replace them. That is the main problem I see with this team. Of course we can have Thorburn play on the 2nd line some more and I know that will please everyone on the boards.
There are several prospects that I don't think have much chance of making the Jets this year. Lowry, Lipon, Kichton, Chiarot, Melchiori and Kossy will all be in St. John's. Any of them could be called up. Some of them should be not too far from NHL ready and be adequate fill ins.

Old
07-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Gm0ney
Wet roads cause rain

Jets will finish around 18-20th in the league. Maybe a little better. Still out of the playoffs but a lot of teams that figure they can't compete will get into a race to the bottom for lottery picks and that will boost the Jets. Hutch will also drag the Jets up as he plays more games as the season goes on. Still, in such a tough division I don't think it's enough to make the postseason.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote