HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penalty Differential

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-28-2014, 10:38 PM
  #1
Territory
Registered User
 
Territory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Penalty Differential

Interesting numbers in this. New guys draw more penalties then they take.

How much of a factor will this be in the teams success? Not much? Or lots?

http://theleafsnation.com/2014/7/28/...medium=twitter

Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 11:09 PM
  #2
yubbers
B Trippin Mane
 
yubbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11,251
vCash: 500
When you have the league leader in minor penalties as your #1 dman you need all the help you can get drawing them

yubbers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 11:21 PM
  #3
Prominence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 146
vCash: 474
That's a good article if the facts do not lie. Still miss d'amigo though. Bolland, not so much.

Prominence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 01:13 AM
  #4
diceman934
LINT must go!
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 7,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Interesting numbers in this. New guys draw more penalties then they take.

How much of a factor will this be in the teams success? Not much? Or lots?

http://theleafsnation.com/2014/7/28/...medium=twitter
Funny that a person does a piece on penalties drawn and does not mention that we have the person who has drawn more penalties over the last two years by a wide margin....he is a plus 49 difference between penalties drawn and taken over the last 2 years. Kadri.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 01:51 AM
  #5
Prominence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 146
vCash: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Funny that a person does a piece on penalties drawn and does not mention that we have the person who has drawn more penalties over the last two years by a wide margin....he is a plus 49 difference between penalties drawn and taken over the last 2 years. Kadri.
Yeah, but I doubt he can sustain those numbers. He will still draw more penalties than he takes, but not at the pace we've seen for the last 2 years. Referees are going to catch on eventually. The article focuses on the penalty differential between additions to the roster and subtractions.

Prominence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 04:03 AM
  #6
Mega John
Registered User
 
Mega John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
Yeah, but I doubt he can sustain those numbers. He will still draw more penalties than he takes, but not at the pace we've seen for the last 2 years. Referees are going to catch on eventually. The article focuses on the penalty differential between additions to the roster and subtractions.
So what. Even if Kadri dropped dramatically he would still be in the upper echelon for penalty differential. Its not just his diving, he is just so damn hateable.

Mega John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 04:15 AM
  #7
Bouncing Bettys
Registered User
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega John View Post
So what. Even if Kadri dropped dramatically he would still be in the upper echelon for penalty differential. Its not just his diving, he is just so damn hateable.
If we are going for players more like Kadri, signing all these Canuck cast-offs is a good place to start!

Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 12:12 PM
  #8
Territory
Registered User
 
Territory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Funny that a person does a piece on penalties drawn and does not mention that we have the person who has drawn more penalties over the last two years by a wide margin....he is a plus 49 difference between penalties drawn and taken over the last 2 years. Kadri.
I think he was just talking about the guys who left and the guys who are new.

Nothing is different with Kadri, Phaneuf, etc. But the team should draw more penalties then it takes then it did before due to the new guys.

Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 12:21 PM
  #9
Swervin81
Magic Mitch™
 
Swervin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
If we are going for players more like Kadri, signing all these Canuck cast-offs is a good place to start!
Imagine a line of Marchand-Kadri-Komarov. RIP league.

__________________

Current GOAT Quote

Brown dog: "Let's take a page out of LA Kings' book. Why shed a contract when you can just shred a contact!"
Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.