HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Few proposals, some bold, some realistic:

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Few proposals, some bold, some realistic:

With the trade deadline being only 2 weeks away, rumours and proposals are starting to get more popular than ever. Here's my try making some interesting proposals that should help each side. Most include the more popular names of the last few weeks, the names that are said to be on the block. But this thread also features some rather bold ones.. But even they should make some sense..
__________________________________________________ ____

To San Jose ... Miroslav Satan and James Patrick
To Buffalo ...... Scott Hannan, Todd Harvey and a 2004 2nd

Sharks Get some much needed offensive power which they seem to lack ever since letting go Selanne and trading Nolan. Satan would be a threat in San Jose. They can affort to deal Hannan with their depth at D, especially with Ehrhoff emerging as a stud. While the Sabres trade Satan for their most pressing need. A young quality, tough defenseman. They also get a gritty forward and a solid pick in the 2nd.

To Edmonton .. Olli Jokinen
To Florida ....... Eric Brewer

The Panthers need another solid defenseman and if you want a young one you better empty your wallets. Jokinen is expendable with Horton, Stewart, Weiss, etc all in the system. He also hasn't quite played like he did last season and I've even heard he was in the doghouse at times. The Oilers, otoh, have Amazing talents on the wings, but frankly, have no one even remotely close as a legit 1st line center. Olli Jokinen might be that guy, he's also big and plays a decent two-way game. Trading Brewer will hurt and will possibly leave another hole to fill, but likely not as big as their current center problem..

To Ottawa ... Karel Rachunek, Shane Hnidy and a 2004 5th
To Buffalo ... Taylor Pyatt, Adam Mair and Andrew Peters

Aquiring Pyatt should be a dream come true if he ever meets his potential. Tough, big and skilled left winger should be a perfect fit on the Sens flanks. Patrick will add depth but more importantly provide leadership and experience.. Rachunek appears to be the most tradable player out of the Sens top 5, while Hnidy never played much to begin with and should be even more expendable with the recent aquisition of Todd Simpson. Pyatt doesn't appears to be an untouchable anymore and I believe could be moved to adress eventual weaknesses. Rachunek and Hnidy would solify Buffalo's defense. I realise both teams need toughness as well as size, but I tried nonetheless.

To Toronto ... Alexei Zhitnik and Ales Kotalik
To Buffalo .... Nicolai Antropov

Sabres add a big and relatively physical forward to their squad while the Leafs get a young and decent scoring winger, to go with a perfect #3 defenseman they could definitely use. With the Leafs depth at center (Sundin, Nieuwendyk, Reichel and even Tucker) it might not be such a bad idea, especially when you consider that this could be the Leafs' year.

To Nashville ..... Jason Smith and Ethan Moreau
To Edmonton ..... Denis Arkhipov and Tomas Kloucek

Preds get their defensive stallward and gritty checker while the Oilers get a big center and defenseman with upside. Smith should be a welcomed addition and help reach the Preds to the playoffs which they so urgently need. Arkhipov has struggled ever since his rookie year but should get more time to prove himself in Edmonton than he got in Nashville. Moreau adds experience while Kloucek is one of those pieces the Oilers are looking for.

To Calgary .... Jeff O'Neill and Bob Boughner
To Carolina .... Denis Gauthier, Chuck Kobasew and a 2004 3rd

Yet another O'Neill proposal, this time I have him going to Calgary along with former Flame Bob Boughner, who both should fit in nicely in the tough and defense orientated Flames system. Kobasew has a promesing future while Gauthier is a solid, hard hitting top 4 defenseman, both are young and very cheap, they will definitely entice the Canes. With the Flames being in the playoffs for most of the season, getting some much needed secondary scoring becomes an ever bigger must.

To Philadelphia ... Ron Francis and future considerations
To Carolina ........ Jim Vandermeer and a 1st round pick in 2004

OR

To Detroit .... Ron Francis and future considerations
To Carolina ... Miroslav Blatak, Mathieu Dandenault and a 2005 1st

Francis gets another year to play on a true contender and should be even more welcome with the recent loss of Jeremy Roenick, who even contemplated to retire because of his injury. Simular deal like the Oates one of 2 years ago, but the Flyers are giving up seemingly less. This proposal was made since I heard the Canes are willing to deal Francis to a contender. Since the Flyers are currently the only contender with a slight center problem, I picked them. If you do not like it, maybe the Wings one interests you more. The Wings could use a top 6 center if they let Yzerman continue to play on the wings.

To Carolina ... 2004 5th round pick.
To St.Louis ... Aaron Ward

Simple deal, simple reasons. Blues need defensive depth, Canes aren't going anywhere and would like to take picks or prospects for most of their players above 30.

Old
02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Flyers don't have a 1st in 2004. Not a bad proposal, just can't happen as it stands now.

Old
02-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Flyers don't have a 1st in 2004. Not a bad proposal, just can't happen as it stands now.
2005? .. ..

Old
02-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:

The Panthers need another solid defenseman and if you want a young one you better empty your wallets. Jokinen is expendable with Horton, Stewart, Weiss, etc all in the system. He also hasn't quite played like he did last season and I've even heard he was in the doghouse at times. The Oilers, otoh, have Amazing talents on the wings, but frankly, have no one even remotely close as a legit 1st line center. Olli Jokinen might be that guy, he's also big and plays a decent two-way game. Trading Brewer will hurt and will possibly leave another hole to fill, but likely not as big as their current center problem..

Preds get their defensive stallward and gritty checker while the Oilers get a big center and defenseman with upside. Smith should be a welcomed addition and help reach the Preds to the playoffs which they so urgently need. Arkhipov has struggled ever since his rookie year but should get more time to prove himself in Edmonton than he got in Nashville. Moreau adds experience while Kloucek is one of those pieces the Oilers are looking for.
1) This one could be the base for a deal, but I think Brewer's worth more. And considering the state of the Oilers' defense, I'd want more coming back.

2) I think the Oilers are giving up way too much in this one. Arkhipov is interesting, but I wouldn't trade Smith for him. And Moreau shouldn't be traded. He's been one of the best Oilers this year, and under a long term contract. A team would really have to overpay to get him. My opinions, anyway. (By the way, Kloucek's with Atlanta, now.)

Old
02-18-2004, 11:01 AM
oilers24

That Nashville Oiler trade won't happen moreau signed a long term deal very cheap and is i'd say captain matearial soon to be if jason smith goes. and jason smith is a top stay at home gritty d. plus team captain i'd say. teh Oilers would be intrested in Legwand. if that sort of deal happpens

Old
02-18-2004, 11:02 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
2005? .. ..

No. The Flyers cannot afford to trade their pick next year.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Brodeur

Quote:

I can't see the Sharks tinkering with their top 4 D right now. I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that Hannan has been their best defenseman this year. Plus San Jose is budget conscious, and probably don't want a big contract that extends past this year.

We need Satan on the Devils anyways.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Mizral

The Preds and Oilers aren't going to be swapping players anytime soon. Right now, they both consider each other rivals.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:

Francis gets another year to play on a true contender and should be even more welcome with the recent loss of Jeremy Roenick, who even contemplated to retire because of his injury. Simular deal like the Oates one of 2 years ago, but the Flyers are giving up seemingly less. This proposal was made since I heard the Canes are willing to deal Francis to a contender. Since the Flyers are currently the only contender with a slight center problem, I picked them. If you do not like it, maybe the Wings one interests you more. The Wings could use a top 6 center if they let Yzerman continue to play on the wings.
A simple no thanks is good enough. I like francis, but for a first and dandenault? forget it, its not worth it since he's older. We'd be better off just getting zhamnov

Old
02-18-2004, 12:43 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
With Bondra in Ottawa, I'd suspect Toronto will be persuing O'Neill a little more agressively.

Toronto: O'Neill
Carolina:: Steen and 2nd round pick (2004)

Old
02-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Malefic74

Quote:
Not sure on the personnel exactly, but the idea is right I think. The only piece San Jose is really missing is a sniper. Be it Satan, Bondra or a second tier scorer. Not sure about budgets or contracts but a guy like Martin Rucinsky would fit pretty nicely there. ex-linemate of Damphousse in Montreal.

Quote:
IMO the best you've posted here. As someone mentioned the Oilers would need a defenceman with a pulse coming back. But the idea is right. Will it happen? I'm not convinced that Kevin lowe is ready to give up on Brewer. There's a connection there beyond the usual GM-Player. Brewer is a protege or project of sorts.

Quote:
I don't see the urgency to make this deal. It seems pretty fair on paper, but it's not like Buffalo is rushing to dump salary or that the final piece of the puzzle for the Sens is Taylor Pyatt. That could change is Bonk is on the shelf longer than expected, but then the priority is for a centre, not a winger.

Quote:
Zhitnik I can see being moved for contract reasons. I just can't see Regeir moving Kotalik who's the go-to guy when Satan is slumping or hurt. Antropov, to my mind, is like Vlad Malakhov as a forward. Every 4 or 5 games he looks great, all the talent in the world in a big effective package. But the 4 or 5 games in between he is invisible at best, at worst a liability. The Leafs would have to sweeten the pot with picks or prospects just to get Zhitnik.

Quote:
Moreau's being groomed to take a Kelly Buchberger role. He took less money on a long term deal to stay here. Smith could be moved, but odds are other teams could beat this offer to get him.

Quote:
To Calgary .... Jeff O'Neill and Bob Boughner
To Carolina .... Denis Gauthier, Chuck Kobasew and a 2004 3rd
O'Neill is another guy who would fit in nicely in a place like San Jose. I do think both will be moved, but I don't think they'll go together. Boughner's value in particular is higher with contending teams who are short on D, like the Avs. O'Neill is a better fit in San Jose or Nashville, or maybe even Montreal. I don't think the Canes are picky about what comes back. Young talent and picks are all they are looking for. Unless they could flip Gauthier.

Quote:

OR

The Detroit deal looks better. The Flyers have already dealt Woywitka to Edmonton this year; I can't see them dumping another young defenceman for a rental. Then again we are talking about Bobby Clarke.

Quote:
To Carolina ... 2004 5th round pick.
To St.Louis ... Aaron Ward
If the Blues can crawl back into legitimate contention this could happen. Can't imagine they would want Sean Hill back. But the acquisition of Weinrich might make this one redundant.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:54 PM
kenny #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
With Bondra in Ottawa, I'd suspect Toronto will be persuing O'Neill a little more agressively.

Toronto: O'Neill
Carolina:: Steen and 2nd round pick (2004)

Im sure O'Neill has more value then Bondra a UFA. Toronto would have to pay more then that

Old
02-18-2004, 01:09 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:

Sharks Get some much needed offensive power which they seem to lack ever since letting go Selanne and trading Nolan. Satan would be a threat in San Jose. They can affort to deal Hannan with their depth at D, especially with Ehrhoff emerging as a stud. While the Sabres trade Satan for their most pressing need. A young quality, tough defenseman. They also get a gritty forward and a solid pick in the 2nd.

Aquiring Pyatt should be a dream come true if he ever meets his potential. Tough, big and skilled left winger should be a perfect fit on the Sens flanks. Patrick will add depth but more importantly provide leadership and experience.. Rachunek appears to be the most tradable player out of the Sens top 5, while Hnidy never played much to begin with and should be even more expendable with the recent aquisition of Todd Simpson. Pyatt doesn't appears to be an untouchable anymore and I believe could be moved to adress eventual weaknesses. Rachunek and Hnidy would solify Buffalo's defense. I realise both teams need toughness as well as size, but I tried nonetheless.

Sabres add a big and relatively physical forward to their squad while the Leafs get a young and decent scoring winger, to go with a perfect #3 defenseman they could definitely use. With the Leafs depth at center (Sundin, Nieuwendyk, Reichel and even Tucker) it might not be such a bad idea, especially when you consider that this could be the Leafs' year.

I love the first deal. However, take out Patrick and make the pick a 3rd. Patrick was asked if he wanted to be traded to a contender last year, he said no, and he'd retire if he was. Probably the biggest problem here is that Hannah is a LH d-man....Buffalo really needs to get a RH one. So maybe swap Hannan for Ehrhoff as well

To Buffalo: Ehrhoff, Harvey, 3rd
To San Jose: Satan

The Ottawa trade is brutal. Buffalo gives up 3 physical forwards, and solidifies their blueline....but devestates their forward line up. Then the Toronto trade is even worse. I don't think Zhitnik is going anywhere. Buffalo is making a HARD playoff push. The Satan deal could go down Because Buffalo might be able to pick up Kovalev cheap.

Old
02-18-2004, 01:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24
That Nashville Oiler trade won't happen moreau signed a long term deal very cheap and is i'd say captain matearial soon to be if jason smith goes. and jason smith is a top stay at home gritty d. plus team captain i'd say. teh Oilers would be intrested in Legwand. if that sort of deal happpens
Not to mention how ticked off Atlanta would be for us trading one of their players to the Oilers (Kloucek).

Old
02-18-2004, 01:45 PM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefic74
I don't think the Canes are picky about what comes back. Young talent and picks are all they are looking for. Unless they could flip Gauthier.

Oh, I think the Hurricanes will be very picky about what comes back in a trade for what many consider to their best player. They may be an awful team, but it doesn't mean they are planning on staying that way.

Old
02-18-2004, 02:21 PM
punchy1

Steen and a second for Oniell? That is way off base. It would take loads more than that to land Oniell.

Old
02-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Teezax

Quote:

If Buffalo would do this deal, I would personally fly down there and pimp slap Darcy Regier for making the most idiotic trade in NHL history, and I'm not even a Sabres fan. Antropov is the most over rated lug of garbage and trading a stud DMAN like Zhitnik and a bluechip prospect in Kotalik would have to include a lot of crack and/or hallucinogens.

Old
02-18-2004, 02:43 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
If Buffalo would do this deal, I would personally fly down there and pimp slap Darcy Regier for making the most idiotic trade in NHL history, and I'm not even a Sabres fan. Antropov is the most over rated lug of garbage and trading a stud DMAN like Zhitnik and a bluechip prospect in Kotalik would have to include a lot of crack and/or hallucinogens.

pwned!

Old
02-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Steen and a second for Oniell? That is way off base. It would take loads more than that to land Oniell.
Frankly, I thought that was pretty good. The Canes are trying to shed an absolute ton of salary for the CBA changeover.

Old
02-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:

hey now, no stealing my ideas...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=52523

Old
02-18-2004, 05:35 PM
CoolburnIsGone

FL would be willing to deal a guy like Trnka or Lilja who are basically 5th & 6th type guys but Lilja seemed like he could've been a #4 last yr (he's regressed a bit). I've always agreed that Jokinen for Brewer is quite close. A late round pick (7th or 8th round) coming back FL's way would completely even out the deal.

Closed Thread