HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2014, 10:31 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Lane Johnson suspended for 4 games.
Is it official yet?

Old
06-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Is it official yet?
Nothing yet from the Eagles or the League. They're probably just crossing their "Ts" and dotting their... lower case "Js" though.

Old
06-30-2014, 11:03 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Nothing yet from the Eagles or the League. They're probably just crossing their "Ts" and dotting their... lower case "Js" though.
Are you kidding? I'd give my right eye!

Old
06-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Are you kidding? I'd give my right eye!
I see what you did there. I've got an eye for detail.

Old
07-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Yourself

Still nothing official on lane? Any idea how long this usually takes before people think the report was false?

Old
07-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourself View Post
Still nothing official on lane? Any idea how long this usually takes before people think the report was false?
Yeah, I don't know what's the hold-up. NFL has just handed down a 4 gamer for PEDs against Dion Jordan, Chiefs OL Rokevious Watkins 4 games for substance abuse, and LaVonn Brazill of Indianapolis a yearlong suspension for weed. Now these are all official by the league, and there was only 1 report by Paul Domowitch on Johnson. So maybe the NFL is just doling out penalties by when they were all respectively tested, and Lane is still waiting his turn.

Old
07-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Ryker

Hey guys, I don't follow the NFL, but a friend was asking me whether there are any websites that offer on-demand and live streaming. Here, I don't mean free online streams, but something of a higher quality, akin to Centre Ice or HS for hockey.

Old
07-04-2014, 04:43 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Yeah, I don't know what's the hold-up. NFL has just handed down a 4 gamer for PEDs against Dion Jordan, Chiefs OL Rokevious Watkins 4 games for substance abuse, and LaVonn Brazill of Indianapolis a yearlong suspension for weed. Now these are all official by the league, and there was only 1 report by Paul Domowitch on Johnson. So maybe the NFL is just doling out penalties by when they were all respectively tested, and Lane is still waiting his turn.
Think McCoy was on CSN, and they asked about Lane being suspended for four games. Seems legit.

Old
07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Philadelphia Eagles ‏@Eagles 1m

#Eagles Lane Johnson has been suspended for the first 4 games of 2014 for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

Lane Johnson will be eligible to return to the active roster on 9/29 and is eligible to participate in #EaglesCamp and preseason.
Official now

Old
07-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Devastate

Matt Hasselbeck predicted the eagles to win their division.

For whatever that's worth

Old
07-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Hollywood Couturier

The division is very weak. Anything less than winning the division is a disgrace.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
07-24-2014, 02:06 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
This is definitely a prove it year for the Birds and Foles. They'll play tougher competition in the NFC and the East should be stronger than it was last year.

New regime in Washington with a healthy RGIII has the potential to be worrisome. I also can't see the Giants being that bad two years in a row, especially if this is a make it or break it year for Coughlin, and Dallas is gonna Dallas, which means they'll still make it tough overall, but hopefully fail in the end. I don't think it'll be the cakewalk others do.

The only somewhat saving grace is they'll play 4 games against the worst division in the NFL from a year ago, but then again they play 4 games against the toughest division too. They need to come out of those 8 games 5-3, and then 4-2 against the division to keep it comfortable.

Old
07-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Broad Street Elite

In a division with some of the worst defenses in all of football, I like the Eagles offense the best. Going to be fun football to watch if you like shootouts in the NFC East.

Old
07-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
In a division with some of the worst defenses in all of football, I like the Eagles offense the best. Going to be fun football to watch if you like shootouts in the NFC East.
Over in every game.

07-24-2014, 12:17 PM
flyershockey

Lol. Ray Rice was only suspended for two games for his aggravated assault charge. Good thing they got tough on the Lane Johnson though. They have an image to protect.

Old
07-24-2014, 12:21 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The NFL has the most messed up priorities when it comes to, well, everything.

07-24-2014, 01:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
The NFL is such an embarrassment with stuff like this. Beating your wife, on camera no less, is a two game suspension. Nothing to see here. Move along. Take PEDs (or other drugs), get a four game suspension. Get convicted of obstruction of justice in a murder trial (where it really looked like you were probably at least a little involved), get nothing. Shoot yourself in the leg in a public place with, IIRC, an unregistered gun, you get four games. Kill a bunch of Dogs and go to prison for two years, suspended three games to start the season. Also, a gay guy in the NFL...that is something that could cause serious problems and many teams don't want to deal with the off-field distractions.

My thinking is, either you don't punish guys for crap like this at all, or there is some sort of across the board punishment that applies in all off-field legal issues. There is no reason that violently beating and knocking out your wife on camera should carry less of a penalty than (a) drugs (performance enhancing or otherwise), (b) killing dogs (sorry dog lovers...and I am a guy that is very much anti-Michael Vick because of history with the dogs), (c) being convicted of obstruction of justice, or (d) shooting yourself in the leg in a public place.

Old
07-24-2014, 01:06 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The NFL is such an embarrassment with stuff like this. Beating your wife, on camera no less, is a two game suspension. Nothing to see here. Move along. Take PEDs (or other drugs), get a four game suspension. Get convicted of obstruction of justice in a murder trial (where it really looked like you were probably at least a little involved), get nothing. Shoot yourself in the leg in a public place with, IIRC, an unregistered gun, you get four games. Kill a bunch of Dogs and go to prison for two years, suspended three games to start the season. Also, a gay guy in the NFL...that is something that could cause serious problems and many teams don't want to deal with the off-field distractions.

My thinking is, either you don't punish guys for crap like this at all, or there is some sort of across the board punishment that applies in all off-field legal issues. There is no reason that violently beating and knocking out your wife on camera should carry less of a penalty than (a) drugs (performance enhancing or otherwise), (b) killing dogs (sorry dog lovers...and I am a guy that is very much anti-Michael Vick because of history with the dogs), (c) being convicted of obstruction of justice, or (d) shooting yourself in the leg in a public place.
Beating your wife should result in an extended stay in prison IMO

Old
07-24-2014, 07:29 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Or you get instantly traded to the Raiders.

Old
07-24-2014, 08:38 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
Beating your wife should result in an extended stay in prison IMO
Money does amazing things.

Like buying a good lawyer.

If any of us did something like that, we'd probably be behind bars.

Old
07-26-2014, 08:22 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:

Really dude? Because a ****ing game transcends people's right to be treated equally to other people? Nice head.

Old
07-31-2014, 08:14 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I'm beginning to hate the NFL. So many messed up priorities and it seems like it extends to a lot of the fanbase. Someone I was talking to yesterday STILL thought having a guy like Sam is more of a distraction than having Ray Rice being prosecuted and suspended for knocking out a woman.

I don't get it.

Old
07-31-2014, 08:24 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
I'm beginning to hate the NFL. So many messed up priorities and it seems like it extends to a lot of the fanbase. Someone I was talking to yesterday STILL thought having a guy like Sam is more of a distraction than having Ray Rice being prosecuted and suspended for knocking out a woman.

I don't get it.
That's more a knock on this country/society though. Ray Rice knocking out his wife will be forgotten (and likely already is for most of the country) once the season starts. Michael Sam being gay is going to be a story if he makes the team. The problem is the term "distraction" is used negatively, like his being gay is going to somehow make the team play worse or lose focus because reporters are asking him questions or asking teammates questions. That isn't really a bad thing and I fail to see how it would hurt the team. Ray Rice being suspended/arrested/whatever IS a bad thing and will hurt the team, but people won't talk about it as much so it isn't a "distraction" to the same extent as Michael Sam. Apparently, football players can't handle being asked questions about a player being gay because it is too distracting, but they can handle guys getting arrested/suspended/Johnny Manziel/Terrel Owens/and so forth and so on.

What needs to happen is a couple more guys need to come out. As long as Michael Sam is the only guy out there doing it, people will talk about it like it is this novelty issue that is so fascinating we HAVE to talk about it. If you get a couple other guys that come out (and we all know they are out there), then it is less interesting because now it is just like any other team and any other player.

Old
07-31-2014, 08:25 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Really dude? Because a ****ing game transcends people's right to be treated equally to other people? Nice head.
Did I really need a "" for that?

EDIT: I just re-read what I wrote and I don't think a sarcasm face would be appropriate. I was talking about how ridiculous the NFL is. The gay reference was at the end of a long line of ridiculous things that I was saying how embarrassing the NFL is.

Old
07-31-2014, 08:27 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
That's more a knock on this country/society though. Ray Rice knocking out his wife will be forgotten (and likely already is for most of the country) once the season starts. Michael Sam being gay is going to be a story if he makes the team. The problem is the term "distraction" is used negatively, like his being gay is going to somehow make the team play worse or lose focus because reporters are asking him questions or asking teammates questions. That isn't really a bad thing and I fail to see how it would hurt the team. Ray Rice being suspended/arrested/whatever IS a bad thing and will hurt the team, but people won't talk about it as much so it isn't a "distraction" to the same extent as Michael Sam. Apparently, football players can't handle being asked questions about a player being gay because it is too distracting, but they can handle guys getting arrested/suspended/Johnny Manziel/Terrel Owens/and so forth and so on.

What needs to happen is a couple more guys need to come out. As long as Michael Sam is the only guy out there doing it, people will talk about it like it is this novelty issue that is so fascinating we HAVE to talk about it. If you get a couple other guys that come out (and we all know they are out there), then it is less interesting because now it is just like any other team and any other player.
I think there will be a media circus around Sam for maybe the first 2-3 weeks and then it will die down. I know it is a huge step in the right direction by Sam coming out and finding a home, I just wish the media wasn't harping on it to the point where it seems like they are shoving it down everyone's throats. Let Sam do things on his own terms.

Closed Thread