HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why does Ryan Lambert hate the Avalanche?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-28-2014, 09:51 AM
  #26
nightonthesun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Speaking of which, here's some more of that.

nightonthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 09:56 AM
  #27
raistlin76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cracow
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...133227400.html

This moron barely mentioned AVS in his newest ****-article about Central Division. Of course he wrotes we are worse than Hawks, St. Louis, Minnesota and Dallas. Also we "cheated death" last season and will crushing and burning this year.

I really hope we prove all those "experts" wrong as we did last season.

raistlin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 10:42 AM
  #28
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistlin76 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...133227400.html

This moron barely mentioned AVS in his newest ****-article about Central Division. Of course he wrotes we are worse than Hawks, St. Louis, Minnesota and Dallas. Also we "cheated death" last season and will crushing and burning this year.

I really hope we prove all those "experts" wrong as we did last season.
No sense in getting worked up over a blog. I enjoy Puck Daddy (I really do) but you have to read it for what it is.

__________________
@chowdersoop
Chau Vo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 10:55 AM
  #29
IndustryLeech
Registered User
 
IndustryLeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
His act is so tedious. I'd expand further, but the HF board doesn't allow profanities.

IndustryLeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 12:26 PM
  #30
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 25,814
vCash: 50
Who cares about Adam lambert

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 07:04 AM
  #31
Chileiceman
Registered User
 
Chileiceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Chile
Posts: 9,018
vCash: 500
Before Lambert was anyone, he was a Calgary Flames fan here on HF about 10 years ago. [MOD]

It's all just an act. He plays kind of a Stephen Colbert character. He just writes things to annoy people.


Last edited by Frenchy: 07-29-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2014, 07:44 AM
  #32
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
S'all Good, Man
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 14,051
vCash: 7757
Can't really say I've ever read any of his stuff.

__________________
I wanna slay my demons, but I got lots of them.
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 11:48 AM
  #33
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,629
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonlimey View Post
Everyone knows this guy is a total hack, and the comment section to every puck daddy article he writes are the best part as fans from every team in the league reliably respond with ridicule. But I have to ask, with a 4th "article" just this year dedicated solely to skewering Colorado I am really interested what the genesis might be for this pondscum person's unending jeremiad against us. Team predicted in the lottery range wins the hardest division in hockey? Two blogs about how advanced stats prove its all not only meaningless but an affront to the sport. His gloating after our playoff loss I won't even indulge. And the most recent hack attack includes such gems as -Backes is better than Duchene- and -You can't take Joe Sakic at his word-

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...201656386.html

Ok clearly this has just become a vent post, but I'm still curious if anyone has insight into the pathology of this numbskull.
Anyone who would gloat in a "I told you so" manner over a Game 7 OVERTIME decision is clearly a ****** that is not worthy of your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chau Vo View Post
Lambert doesn't like the Avs because they don't fit in with his advanced stats narrative it's that simple.
I can't wait for the forthcoming Benoit Pouliot buyout in 2-3 years. But...but...he had such great possession numbers!!!!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
  #34
ABasin
Asset management
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Anyone who would gloat in a "I told you so" manner over a Game 7 OVERTIME decision is clearly a ****** that is not worthy of your time.



I can't wait for the forthcoming Benoit Pouliot buyout in 2-3 years. But...but...he had such great possession numbers!!!!
Speaking of anti-Avs offseason articles, there's one on espn.com that predicts this year's lottery teams, and the Avs are evidently on the list. However, since the article isn't available to anyone who isn't an espn Insider, it's hard to tell exactly what it says. Anyone have access to the article?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...ft-lottery-nhl

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 02:54 PM
  #35
Ceremony
Moderator
Woke up this morning
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88,432
vCash: 69000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Speaking of anti-Avs offseason articles, there's one on espn.com that predicts this year's lottery teams, and the Avs are evidently on the list. However, since the article isn't available to anyone who isn't an espn Insider, it's hard to tell exactly what it says. Anyone have access to the article?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...ft-lottery-nhl
Boy that's clickbait if ever I've seen it. Also I don't know if this is lottery team as in "every team that doesn't make the playoffs whether they miss by 1 point or 41" or "teams that finish bottom five and thus have a chance at drafting 1st overall if they win the lottery as the system was before it changed," as the misunderstanding on here always seemed to be (not pointing that at you, it's just a distinction I always remember seeing a lot of people fail to make).

Oh well. With Stastny gone we need another centre so I'll take McDavid, thanks.

__________________
this isn't real, it's only the internet
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 02:59 PM
  #36
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 21,381
vCash: 795
The league would really crap their pants if we got another franchise player. Do they even want to tempt fate there? I think we'd have to go Hanifin.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 05:02 PM
  #37
ABasin
Asset management
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Boy that's clickbait if ever I've seen it.
I know. Sorry about spreading it around, but wondering what it said…

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 05:03 PM
  #38
Ceremony
Moderator
Woke up this morning
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88,432
vCash: 69000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I know. Sorry about spreading it around, but wondering what it said…
Guarantee it has the words/phrases "regression, sustainability, sophomore slump" and "goaltending" in the first sentence.

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 06:09 PM
  #39
nanzenkills
Registered User
 
nanzenkills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Guarantee it has the words/phrases "regression, sustainability, sophomore slump" and "goaltending" in the first sentence.
The bolded terms were mentioned for sure. It says that we shouldn't be as bad as Buffalo or Calgary, but that we may fighting for a playoff spot. Also said that the loss of Stastny, who had the best possession numbers last year of our forwards, will hurt us and that neither Briere nor Iginla had good possession numbers last year.

Said we failed to add to our defense (didn't mention Stuart at all), also said that the loss of Benoit and his 28 points might hurt us as well.

The other 3 teams mentioned were the Devils, Flyers, and Capitals.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 06:12 PM
  #40
nanzenkills
Registered User
 
nanzenkills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
The league would really crap their pants if we got another franchise player. Do they even want to tempt fate there? I think we'd have to go Hanifin.
I think we still have to go McDavid if he is available and move him for a king's ransom if he's not in our future plans at C. But if not him, then yeah, Hanifin.

Pretty sure other teams' fans would be super-pissed if we got either, LOL.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 06:15 PM
  #41
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 21,381
vCash: 795
The loss of Benoit, that's a good one. The guy who didn't get a gig for a month after free agency opened.

Sure if we actually won the lottery you have to take McDavid or trade the pick but I really don't think there is any way we are capable of being that bad. At worst a top 10 pick, which would be a good year to do so if its ever going to happen again.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 06:25 PM
  #42
nanzenkills
Registered User
 
nanzenkills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
The loss of Benoit, that's a good one. The guy who didn't get a gig for a month after free agency opened.

Sure if we actually won the lottery you have to take McDavid or trade the pick but I really don't think there is any way we are capable of being that bad. At worst a top 10 pick, which would be a good year to do so if its ever going to happen again.
Nowadays, even the 14th overall pick can move up to #1 overall if they win the draft lottery. But the chances of that happening are really, really low.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 06:37 PM
  #43
bedsheetrubber92
We are never give up
 
bedsheetrubber92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Say the Avs actually regress back enough to miss the playoffs or all the way down to the bottom of the league. If we actually do magically get McDavid what would we do? Holding onto McDavid, Mackinnon, and Duchene would be silly, but none of those players are the kind that you would ever want to move.

bedsheetrubber92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 06:45 PM
  #44
Ceremony
Moderator
Woke up this morning
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88,432
vCash: 69000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsheetrubber92 View Post
Say the Avs actually regress back enough to miss the playoffs or all the way down to the bottom of the league. If we actually do magically get McDavid what would we do? Holding onto McDavid, Mackinnon, and Duchene would be silly, but none of those players are the kind that you would ever want to move.
Given what we could get for McDavid in this scenario, being able to trade him and having an in his prime Duchene and just about in his prime MacKinnon as our top two centres would be Lindros part 2. No doubt at all. We keep those two who'll be good for ~80 points a season, and get an absurd amount of riches in return. How many teams in the league would actively push to get a 1st line centre of that kind of ability? And what could we command from them? There would definitely be a bidding war.

So, all in favour of throwing the season?

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 07:00 PM
  #45
bedsheetrubber92
We are never give up
 
bedsheetrubber92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Given what we could get for McDavid in this scenario, being able to trade him and having an in his prime Duchene and just about in his prime MacKinnon as our top two centres would be Lindros part 2. No doubt at all. We keep those two who'll be good for ~80 points a season, and get an absurd amount of riches in return. How many teams in the league would actively push to get a 1st line centre of that kind of ability? And what could we command from them? There would definitely be a bidding war.

So, all in favour of throwing the season?


The Lindros trade was really really lucky though. We got Forsberg out of it when the owner of the Nordiques really just wanted to use the Flyers deal as a means of having greater leverage over the Rangers and extracting more money from them.

bedsheetrubber92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 07:23 PM
  #46
Ceremony
Moderator
Woke up this morning
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88,432
vCash: 69000
It was more in the sense of what such a trade would do for the team for the next ten years rather than the actual quantity/quality of the return itself.

Ah well. Pipe dream, anyway.

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 07:26 AM
  #47
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 23,963
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
The bolded terms were mentioned for sure. It says that we shouldn't be as bad as Buffalo or Calgary, but that we may fighting for a playoff spot. Also said that the loss of Stastny, who had the best possession numbers last year of our forwards, will hurt us and that neither Briere nor Iginla had good possession numbers last year.

Said we failed to add to our defense (didn't mention Stuart at all), also said that the loss of Benoit and his 28 points might hurt us as well.

The other 3 teams mentioned were the Devils, Flyers, and Capitals.
so pretty much the usual. though i do agree with some of those things.

but i think people often underestimate the effect that growth of our young players can have.

surprised at the devils mention..well if zid, elias and jagr fell off, it surely can happen. but i think they are back in playoffs next year.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2014, 09:55 PM
  #48
billybobjoe2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,727
vCash: 73
I stopped paying attention to Ryan Lambert during the 2013 World Juniors when he shat all over Team Canada.

billybobjoe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 01:02 PM
  #49
Lemonlimey
Registered User
 
Lemonlimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
I stopped paying attention to Ryan Lambert
this seems to be the consensus path to wisdom

Lemonlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
  #50
Freudian
Clearly deranged
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 33,644
vCash: 50
He's the Ann Coulter of hockey media. It's uninteresting when someone tries that hard to provoke.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.