HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Edmonton Eskimos 2014 CFL season is here! Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2014, 03:05 PM
MoneyGuy

vCash: 500
Must be a bye week....

Old
07-30-2014, 03:09 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Must be a bye week....
Or the hottest week of the year with a long weekend upcoming

Old
07-30-2014, 10:58 PM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Yeah. Things to do. Like sweat like a pig.

Old
07-31-2014, 12:01 AM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookers9 View Post
Yeah. Things to do. Like sweat like a pig.
Take it to the weather thread.

Old
07-31-2014, 09:00 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
The Blue Bombers are not reality.

Old
07-31-2014, 09:20 PM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Fair enough. You've seen him more than I have. Whenever I watch him he appears to struggle, gets confused, and fights it out there. He really had a tough game against the Esks.

Wouldn't say he's young either. He's a year younger than Reilly who I wouldn't refer to as a young QB either.

PS enjoy your momentary success. Based largely on having already played 3 EC teams, Montreal, Toronto, and Ottawa. These being teams that have all of 3 wins over 13GP. You barely beat 2 of them.
Bombers have a lot of work ahead of them no doubt. Poor offensive line, terrible Canadian depth (their best national is trying out for the NFl and their next best one, Watson, is always injured). Receivers, D-line and secondary are decent to great though. Same goes for the head coach.

Initially I pegged the Bombers for 6 wins at the beginning of the season. Looks like I will have to readjust that number, although I'm certainly not going to proclaim a 12 or 13 win season based on early results. I expect his team to struggle against the Western teams. This will continue until some of the long-standing issues are resolved (that Canadian depth and O-line and I'm also not sold on Etcheverry long term).

Regardless, it's nice to have a GM who appears to have a clear long-term plan for the club and is not afraid to swing deals and aggressively pursue free agents unlike the previous adminstration. Also, nice to have a coach who looks like he gives a **** and refuses to throw his players under the bus like Burke.

And there is Willy. Probably the best QBing this team has seen since 2007. Might not be saying much given the intervening years (2008-2013), but boy-oh-boy, what a start to the season for him. You cannot tell me you weren't impressed with that final drive by Willy - 95 yards in 100 seconds. Now do you see what others already have in this young QB?

Willy cannot be deflated..uh, I mean defeated.

Old
07-31-2014, 11:16 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Bombers have a lot of work ahead of them no doubt. Poor offensive line, terrible Canadian depth (their best national is trying out for the NFl and their next best one, Watson, is always injured). Receivers, D-line and secondary are decent to great though. Same goes for the head coach.

Initially I pegged the Bombers for 6 wins at the beginning of the season. Looks like I will have to readjust that number, although I'm certainly not going to proclaim a 12 or 13 win season based on early results. I expect his team to struggle against the Western teams. This will continue until some of the long-standing issues are resolved (that Canadian depth and O-line and I'm also not sold on Etcheverry long term).

Regardless, it's nice to have a GM who appears to have a clear long-term plan for the club and is not afraid to swing deals and aggressively pursue free agents unlike the previous adminstration. Also, nice to have a coach who looks like he gives a **** and refuses to throw his players under the bus like Burke.

And there is Willy. Probably the best QBing this team has seen since 2007. Might not be saying much given the intervening years (2008-2013), but boy-oh-boy, what a start to the season for him. You cannot tell me you weren't impressed with that final drive by Willy - 95 yards in 100 seconds. Now do you see what others already have in this young QB?

Willy cannot be deflated..uh, I mean defeated.
Willy has had some very impressive moments to be sure. Good for the Bombers.

I wouldn't worry about Replacement...he is a little off on assessing QB's.
He thought Steven Jyles was a good QB.

Old
08-01-2014, 08:13 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
The Esks have as many wins as the entire east division. What a farce.

Old
08-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
The Esks have as many wins as the entire east division. What a farce.
Yeah, they are a special kind of atrocious this season.

Leads me to a question, if the Esks finish the year .500 or better, but are still last in the West, do we consider that an improvement or still as bad as being way under .500?

Old
08-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post

Did you watch any of the game? Another lol win for Willy and the Bombers against a putrid opponent that they barely beat and had to come from behind to get the W.

Bombers to date have played 4EC clubs so far.

Only scheduling is propping up current illusion. This is not a very good Football club and with Willy only looking better due to what Bombers fans have seen at QB in past years.

Far as Jyles you know my take. That was a year of hope. Hoping the Esks would have some success after years of futility.

That said I don't think anybody should question we're better off at the QB position now than we have been for years.

Last edited by Replacement: 08-01-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old
08-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post

Willy was excellent last night. One of the better games so far this year by a CFL QB.

Old
08-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Did you watch any of the game? Another lol win for Willy and the Bombers against a putrid opponent that they barely beat and had to come from behind to get the W.

Bombers to date have played 4EC clubs so far.

Only scheduling is propping up current illusion. This is not a very good Football club and with Willy only looking better due to what Bombers fans have seen.

Far as Jyles you know my take. That was a year of hope. Hoping the Esks would have some success after years of futility.

That said I don't think anybody should question we're better off at the QB position now than we have been for years.
Same club the Esks had to kick two late feild goals to beat, at home, in the last 1:30 because the offense couldn't squat for most of the game?

If that's the gauge, Winnipeg fared better against Hamilton than Edmonton did.

Old
08-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Same club the Esks had to kick two late feild goals to beat, at home, in the last 1:30 because the offense couldn't squat for most of the game?

If that's the gauge, Winnipeg fared better against Hamilton than Edmonton did.
I dunno, crazy me, perhaps the gauge for where two clubs lie is the actual head to head matchup, you know, between the teams?

The one that was 26-3 Eskimos and played in WINNIPEG? Maybe that's meaningful?

Don't let me stop you however. The last time I heard nonsense from you was you calling Germany "Crap" in the WC.

Old
08-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Trust Guymez to get Replacement going.....again.

Old
08-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
I dunno, crazy me, perhaps the gauge for where two clubs lie is the actual head to head matchup, you know, between the teams?

The one that was 26-3 Eskimos and played in WINNIPEG? Maybe that's meaningful?

Don't let me stop you however. The last time I heard nonsense from you was you calling Germany "Crap" in the WC.
Never did. Said they played one game like crap. You're lying, as always.

But, I know everyone here is fed up with our pissing matches, and so am I. You can't keep a single discussion or thread relevant, so I'm not partaking. You can feel free to make **** up all you want, I won't comment on anything you say anymore, for the good of the forum and the posters here who want serious discussion.

Old
08-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Never did. Said they played one game like crap. You're lying as always.

But, I know everyone here is fed up with our pissing matches, and so am I. You can;t keep a single discussion or thread relevant, so I'm not partaking.
Serious discussion?

lol

Wasn't one post in that WC thread where you recanted your "Germany is crap" and complete with prognostication that Germany wouldn't go far "playing like crap"

But of course given events you conveniently disappeared from that thread probably in abject embarrassment. Just so readers are familiar.

ps You responded directly to my post and specifically quoting it. Please don't respond to my posts.

Thank you.

Old
08-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Serious discussion?

lol

Wasn't one post in that WC thread where you recanted your "Germany is crap" and complete with prognostication that Germany wouldn't go far "playing like crap"

But of course given events you conveniently disappeared from that thread probably in abject embarrassment. Just so readers are familiar.

ps You responded directly to my post and specifically quoting it. Please don't respond to my posts.

Thank you.
Not at all.

Never said Germany was crap, said they played the match in question like crap.

Since you are lying to make me look bad, I will defend myself.

Old
08-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Not at all.

Never said Germany was crap, said they played the match in question like crap.

Since you are lying to make me look bad, I will defend myself.
Responding in kind. Surely you can see that.

Anybody can search your posting history for how many times you've attempted just this.

In anycase lest anybody take you or me too seriously, love the prognostication btw, thanks. ;

Quote:
Quote:
Germany is going nowhere fast if they play like they did today much longer. Not a good showing at all.
Quote:
Lol!! The weather is now an excuse?? Holy crap.

Germany were sub par most the time today, brutal for stretches at a time.

I just can't see how anybody watching today's match would see it as anything less than Germany sucking balls. Any other team in Germany's spot today and you would be crucifying them endlessly.
In any case we all have our glass houses on the internet and particularly posters posting a lot get stuff they can all be called on just for probability and sheer number of posts made. But why do it?

Lets cease and desist? Shall we?

Or who gets the last volley of shots off?

Its pointless continuing our exchange in this way. But its a slow work day so who knows..

Personally I loved how Germany played in the WC. ymmv

Last edited by Replacement: 08-01-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old
08-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Responding in kind.

Anybody can search your posting history for how many times you've attempted just this.

In anycase lest anybody take you seriously; love the prognostication btw, thanks.
Are you serious?

That is EXACTLY what I am saying. Germany played that one match poorly, and if they played poorly moving forward they would have trouble.

Did you not even read that before posting it? That proves exactly what I was saying completely true. That's amazing, thank you!

Old
08-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Are you serious?

That is EXACTLY what I am saying. Germany played that one match poorly, and if they played poorly moving forward they would have trouble.

Did you not even read that before posting it? That proves exactly what I was saying completely true. That's amazing, thank you!
Just thought it was funny that you singled out Germany for criticism in that thread on the basis of one game and complete with prognostication about Germany not going far based on that one game. In the end any of those posts were of course rendered silly. Which of course they were at the time when I called them out.

Surely you can see your see how pointless those specific posts of yours were.

It was a group stage match and with Germany known to have less than stellar second matches in groups. Didn't mean much and most pundits said so at the time..

Still think Ghana was a tough match for Germany. Just the way matchups line up sometimes. It was a match I was worried about. Some sides can give others trouble. Ghana has the players that can do that.

Explosive finish as well Ghana blew too shots by the best goalie in the world. Who else did that? Nobody.

Old
08-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Trust Guymez to get Replacement going.....again.
haha

more like the Bombers get me going. Can't stand that club. Current success reminding me of the inflated Bombers of a few seasons ago. Also think the air is likely to be soon let out of the current inflated blimp..

Only game that's been mysterious thus far is the Bombers victory over BC. I can see them getting by EC clubs but..

ps Bombers "suck balls"

Last edited by Replacement: 08-01-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old
08-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Just thought it was funny that you singled out Germany for criticism in that thread on the basis of one game and complete with prognostication about Germany not going far based on that one game. In the end any of those posts were of course rendered silly. Which of course they were at the time when I called them out.

Surely you can see your see how pointless those specific posts of yours were.

It was a group stage match and with Germany known to have less than stellar second matches in groups. Didn't mean much and most pundits said so at the time..

Still think Ghana was a tough match for Germany. Just the way matchups line up sometimes. It was a match I was worried about. Some sides can give others trouble. Ghana has the players that can do that.

Explosive finish as well Ghana blew too shots by the best goalie in the world. Who else did that? Nobody.
I made a comment on one game, as is my right, whether you think it's "pointless" or not.

You lied multiple times to make it look like I claimed Germany was a crap team.

They completely deserved to win the WC because they were the best team. I saw them have one sub par game far below their standards which they did not have again.

Doesn't change the fact that you tried to make up stuff to discredit me, as you have done to many others on many matters.

Good on you to bring up the World Cup in a CFL thread though. Go team integrity!

Old
08-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I made a comment on one game, as is my right, whether you think it's "pointless" or not.

You lied multiple times to make it look like I claimed Germany was a crap team.

They completely deserved to win the WC because they were the best team. I saw them have one sub par game far below their standards which they did not have again.

Doesn't change the fact that you tried to make up stuff to discredit me, as you have done to many others on many matters.

Good on you to bring up the World Cup in a CFL thread though. Go team integrity!
Have you not tried to discredit me several times on this board in say the past year?

I seem to recall those regular occurrences, apparently you don't.

I'm fine with moving on. But singularly calling me out on this thread for discrediting you is beyond the pale given your own actions.

Maybe a ceasefire could be hoped for

I'm sure the board hopes for it.

I'm, done and moving on fine sir. You're an intelligent lad and we should both be engaging better than this.

You can have the last word.

Old
08-01-2014, 02:42 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 234
Quote:
Responding in kind. Surely you can see that.

In anycase lest anybody take you or me too seriously, love the prognostication btw, thanks. ;

In any case we all have our glass houses on the internet and particularly posters posting a lot get stuff they can all be called on just for probability and sheer number of posts made. But why do it?

Lets cease and desist? Shall we?

Or who gets the last volley of shots off?

Its pointless continuing our exchange in this way. But its a slow work day so who knows..

Personally I loved how Germany played in the WC. ymmv
In Ol Jase's defense, Germany did suck balls in that last minute against Brazil when they gave up a goal. Had they not already built up a seven goal lead they'd have been in big trouble. Most of the good teams had a sub par game in the group stage certainly no reason to write anybody off on the basis of one game.

Old
08-01-2014, 03:17 PM
MoneyGuy

I thought this was the Esks thread. My mistake.

Closed Thread