HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Playoff and TV Schedule

Old
04-09-2007, 03:48 PM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Help call MSG Network for road games in HD!!!

Maybe if enough of us call, they will broadcast the games from Atlanta in Hi Def.

They seem "unsure" at the moment.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Silly Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Maybe if enough of us call, they will broadcast the games from Atlanta in Hi Def.

How any professional sporting event, home/road, is not in HD now a days blows my mind.

Silly Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Typing Guy View Post
How any professional sporting event, home/road, is not in HD now a days blows my mind.

Call them up and help out. Even if we are the enemy

Old
04-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Silly Goose

Well, MSG/FSNY is all owned by the same company (Cablevision), which basically owns the Rangers, and shows every area hockey team.

I just don't understand how there are no agreements where the teams "share" their HD feeds for local broadcasts. Does that make too much sense, or do I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Silly Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:57 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Typing Guy View Post
Well, MSG/FSNY is all owned by the same company (Cablevision), which basically owns the Rangers, and shows every area hockey team.

I just don't understand how there are no agreements where the teams "share" their HD feeds for local broadcasts. Does that make too much sense, or do I have no idea what I'm talking about.
It makes perfect sense. All of a sudden Pens and Flyer games started being aired in HD as well. I know they aren't bringing the trucks there.

The the final game of the year in PIT, no HD. Go figure.

Old
04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post

Who did you speak to? And what do they mean by unsure...either they will have a HD truck there or not. Are they really waiting until the week of the playoffs to figure this out?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
As of 5:55pm, I have not received the playoff scheds from MSG/FSNY. My guess is that with all FOUR NY area teams in the playoffs, they have to do some SERIOUS juggling. For those of us north and west of the NYC TV market, we better pray that MSG offers overflow games so we can watch these games. The Sabres screw us in terms of coverage!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 05:01 PM
wereback

I called and spoke to a rep. and he said as of now the away games will not be in HD on MSG......official word comes out tonight. He said to call back in the AM and he will have a definite answer.

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 05:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
I called and spoke to a rep. and he said as of now the away games will not be in HD on MSG......official word comes out tonight. He said to call back in the AM and he will have a definite answer.
Very sad if true. First playoff game of the year for us and no HD...Pathetic. MSG should really step it up.

Old
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Salz

I'm in Binghamton. Will they be showing the Rangers on MSG Thursday Night or the Sabres?

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 10:09 PM
broadwayblue

MSG TV schedule is out. No mention of HD though.

#1 Buffalo Sabres vs. #8 New York Islanders

THU
4/12/07
8:00pm ET (FSNY)
Islanders at Sabres

SAT
4/14/07
7:30pm ET (MSG)
Islanders at Sabres

MON
4/16/07
7:30pm ET (FSNY)
Islanders vs. Sabres

WED
4/18/07
7:30pm ET (FSNY)
Islanders vs. Sabres

FRI
4/20/07
7:00pm ET (FSNY)
Islanders at Sabres

SUN
4/22/07
7:00pm ET (MSG)
Islanders vs. Sabres

TUE
4/24/07
TBD (MSG)
Islanders at Sabres

#3 Atlanta Thrashers vs. #6 New York Rangers

THU
4/12/07
Rangers at Thrashers

SAT
4/14/07
3:00pm ET (NBC)
Rangers at Thrashers

TUE
4/17/07
Rangers vs. Thrashers

WED
4/18/07
Rangers vs. Thrashers

FRI
4/20/07
TBD (MSG)
Rangers at Thrashers

SUN
4/22/07
1:00pm ET (NBC)
Rangers vs. Thrashers

MON
4/23/07
Rangers at Thrashers

#2 New Jersey Devils vs. #7 Tampa Bay Lightning

THU
4/12/07
7:30pm ET (FSN)
Devils vs. Lightning

SAT
4/14/07
7:00pm ET (FSN)
Devils vs. Lightning

MON
4/16/07
7:00pm ET (FSN 2)
Devils at Lightning

WED
4/18/07
7:00pm ET (FSN 2)
Devils at Lightning

FRI
4/20/07
7:00pm ET (FSN)
Devils vs. Lightning

SUN
4/22/07
TBD (FSN)
Devils at Lightning

TUE
4/24/07
TBD (FSN)
Devils vs. Lightning

Old
04-09-2007, 10:49 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Very sad if true. First playoff game of the year for us and no HD...Pathetic. MSG should really step it up.
What are they retarded?

It's ridiculous that they wont have HD for playoffs. Way to promote the team and the league.

I remember Bettman talking up the advantages of HDTV and the positive effect it will have on the game 3 years ago, yet half of the telecasts are SD and so are some of the playoffs. My cousin is a big Devils fan and he invested 2500 dollars for a huge plasma so he could see his team in HDTV. Guess how many games he's seen in HD? ZERO.

Pathetic is right, i dont care what team you're a fan of, around the metro area EVERY team should be HD for ALL games at this point and you shouldnt have to get a separate package when you pay 100 to 200 or more a month for freakin tv.

Hockey is one sport that arguably has reaped the most benefits from HDTV. Seeing more of the rink, the puck, the speed - etc.

Way to go Bettman and the NHL, another fantastic job of promoting your sport. Way to go fellas.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 04-09-2007 at 10:55 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I aslo cant believe the fact that they cant figure out event scheduling and telecast times. They knew well in advance that all 3 teams COULD make it, so why not put a few plans together to get a jump start on the process so the confusion and uncertainty wouldnt happen.

The countless times ive called cablevision ive gotten 3 different reps who always had 3 different answers. They really have to get on the same page with this stuff. Its not brain science for chrissakes. Get a truck down there for crying out loud, tap into a feed. I dont understand...

Also on a side note:

If i remember correctly, the camera position and camerman from MSG (or wherever, how could you know) that did the away games in Atlanta this season, was absolutely ATROCIOUS. He zoomed in way too much, cut off the play and would lose the puck on a shift to shift basis. I'm pretty sure it was in Atlanta, i remember many people complaining about it too in the GDT.

Someone please tell me im wrong on this. It could have been Florida or Tampa.

If we have to watch half of the first round with this guy PLUS non-HD its gonna be a ****-fit-fest in here

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
First things first, you dont just drive a truck down to atlanta and send an HD signal back. Atlanta most likely has its own truck, HD or not, and thats the truck they are using.

Now, if the truck down there is an HD truck and the rink has HD cameras, then it would be possible for them to take a clean feed from atlanta into a remote unit that would add MSG's graphics and production team. This happens with games that are on different FSN networks in multiple areas all the time. (FSN Pit and FSN NY are run practicly out of one truck, just different audio feeds and graphics for in game.)

I understand that a lot of people (my mother included who also bought a very expensive plasma tv) want to see their team in HD. Sadly, the days when EVERY game is in HD is still a few years away.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:25 AM
BillyRanger*

I have Direct TV and I have been sending a weekily e-mail complainig that I still do not have MSG HD. I been sending it every week for 6 months I finally get a letter from an executive in marketing (yea right) saying that they are still in negociatons with cablevision and that I should foward my complaints to MR. dungheap DOLAN.

HAHAHA

BillyRanger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Forechecker

Rangers Palyoffs in Upstate NY

All Upstate NY markets outside of Rochester & Buffalo will in fact be seeing the Rangers games. I just confirmed this with MSG. All homes games are 90% confirmed to be in HD, and I will confirm that with the release of the updated April MSG schedule.

Devils/Bolts are almost entirely blacked out upstate, and Sabres/Isles will be on FSNY for the most part, although games will air on MSG if the Rangers are off or on NBC. There will be NO VS coverage in NY markets until the 3rd (?) round.

If anyone wants more details, I'd be happy to oblige.

Old
04-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Forechecker

Regarding HD

I'm sure this has already been said, but MSG has very little control over HD at away games. They are reliant on the home team arena's capabilities, infrastructure, etc. As new arenas are built or old ones overhauled, these capabilities are upgraded, but many arenas have a long way to go. In theory, MSG could rent a HD truck and crew, and they might, but that remains to be seen.

Also, bear in mind that I believe less than 20% of TV homes have HD service either through cable or dish, so we are still a ways off from a point of critical mass that makes HD for every game a must.

The number one reason HD sets are returned to stores is people didn't realize they needed a cable box or dish to receive the signals, and in many cases an added, albeit small, fee.

Old
04-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Salz

Sabres/Islanders Game One will be on FSNY while Devils/Lightning will be on FSN. What's the difference?!

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
#3 Atlanta Thrashers vs. #6 New York Rangers

THU
4/12/07
Rangers at Thrashers

SAT
4/14/07
3:00pm ET (NBC)
Rangers at Thrashers

TUE
4/17/07
Rangers vs. Thrashers

WED
4/18/07
Rangers vs. Thrashers

FRI
4/20/07
TBD (MSG)
Rangers at Thrashers

SUN
4/22/07
1:00pm ET (NBC)
Rangers vs. Thrashers

MON
4/23/07
Rangers at Thrashers

[/QUOTE]

So this means that although VERSUS will show Game 7, MSG will air it too (won't be blacked out) ???

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Forechecker

Quote:

So this means that although VERSUS will show Game 7, MSG will air it too (won't be blacked out) ???
If the series goes to seven games, the VERSUS telecast will be blacked out in MSG coverage areas (all of NY State, northern Jersey, southern/western CT).

Old
04-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Sabres/Islanders Game One will be on FSNY while Devils/Lightning will be on FSN. What's the difference?!
If you live outside the immediate NYC area, you will only see a two or three of the Devils games. Game 1 of the Devils series will be blacked .

Old
04-10-2007, 10:39 AM
wereback

Just got off the phone with MSG. The away games WILL NOT be in HD.

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
94now

HD requires different equipment that costs money. That spending is done to attract viewers. With Rangers it doesn't matter. Those who usually don't watch hockey wont get attracted by HD. And the hard core fans could be had even if broadcast was in Black-and-White.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Crease

I go to school in Western NY and our campus has tried to appease to both Rangers and Sabres fans by having two MSG feeds in our cable. We have NYC MSG and MSG Zone 3 which is Sabres telecasts. However, every once in a while the NYC MSG is blacked out (still not sure why - might have to do with the 50 games max. clause for Rangers in Western NY).

If they end up showing Sabres/Islanders on MSG Zone 3 and FSNY and black out the Rangers game on NYC MSG, I'm going to be PISSED.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 12:34 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Center Ice

From my experience last year if you're out of market and have center ice you're fine for the playoffs. It will show all msg and nbc games (that aren't on in your area) and if any are on versus you'll just have to make sure you get vs.

p.s. center ice started a new thing this year where they don't show both broadcasts for games they just take the home one (or which ever is available). so for the games in atlanta we'll be stuck watching the thrashers feed.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote