HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist Sucks In Big Games

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
haha why hasn't this thread been locked?

really, really silly

The only ones who are silly are those who don't get obvious sarcasm.

Old
06-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

In my opinion, the goal in Game 2 may very well be the reason he doesnt win the Cup and a Conn Smythe, which is criminal.

Kills me that they should be at worst tied in this series.

It is what it is.

Old
06-12-2014, 02:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
In my opinion, the goal in Game 2 may very well be the reason he doesnt win the Cup and a Conn Smythe, which is criminal.

Kills me that they should be at worst tied in this series.

It is what it is.
The Kings should give the Smythe to O'Halloran if they win.

Yes, i'm very bitter.

Old
06-13-2014, 01:48 AM
Peter The Great

Like many other stars Lundqvist is truly superstitious. ;-)

"Lundqvist eats porridge with milk and strawberry jam and two toasted sandwiches for breakfast - every day.
He tapes always a club at the exact same time and in the same way before every game.
He listens to exactly the same tracklist as he had since he came to the NHL, only songs with Blink 182 and Sum 41 - "I do not even like the songs anymore, but I dare not change," he said to me once."

Poor google translation of entire article.
https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Old
06-13-2014, 06:44 AM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

I don't think repetition is done for the sake of superstition. I've read that in order to focus and put yourself in to a familiar mind state for a specific cause, you have a routine everyday and do it exactly the same everytime you want to bring yourself to that state of mind. You can train your brain through repetition to focus on a specific task or goal through the things you associate with that goal.

The article I read was about a writer doing the exact same thing to prepare his brain to go in to a creative writing state. The mind is incredibly powerful and incredibly controllable if you are willing to train it. I would wager his focus routines are part of what makes him so good.

Old
06-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
I don't think repetition is done for the sake of superstition. I've read that in order to focus and put yourself in to a familiar mind state for a specific cause, you have a routine everyday and do it exactly the same everytime you want to bring yourself to that state of mind. You can train your brain through repetition to focus on a specific task or goal through the things you associate with that goal.

The article I read was about a writer doing the exact same thing to prepare his brain to go in to a creative writing state. The mind is incredibly powerful and incredibly controllable if you are willing to train it. I would wager his focus routines are part of what makes him so good.
Yup. What some call superstition, others call routine. Like Lidström for example, mr. Perfect, his teammates could say exactly what he was doing and will do by looking at the clock. It's a state of mind, as you described it. The body just needs to follow.

The more times something occurs, the bigger the chance it will occur again. This fundamental rule is universal. If you want to become the best, you don't only need talent and the drive to win. You have to embrace and maybe even love the grinding repetition that some find extremely boring, to become one of the best at what you do. There are no secrets.

You need to practice something 10 000 times to become extremely good at something. 10 000 practice hours, 10 000 drawings, 10 000 wrist shots, anything. Most people don't have that kind of commitment and don't love something so much that they will put in that kind of effort.

Last edited by Chimp: 06-13-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old
06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You need to practice something 10 000 times to become extremely good at something. 10 000 practice hours, 10 000 drawings, 10 000 wrist shots, anything. Most people don't have that kind of commitment and don't love something so much that they will put in that kind of effort.
The very best have a combination of talent, resources & work/effort. Wayne Gretzy has God given natural talent greatness but he wouldn't have gotten half as far without the resources (relentless father coach & iced over back yard) and hard work (practicing well into the night all winter long every winter). Some guys have all the talent in the world and as a result have all the resources they need, but they think they don't need to work because things come so easy and they either end up flaming out or being "good" instead of great.

Michael Jordan has arguably more natural talent than anyone who ever played basketball, but that wasn't good enough he was always the first to practice and last to leave. He would take the same shot for hours on end, that 10,000 effort you're talking about. When it mattered most, he was money and he won constantly and is admired the world over.

You can overcome lack of talent with hard work to an extent, and lack of hard work with talent. But to get to that next level you need to have it all

Old
06-14-2014, 03:04 AM
thepoeticgoblin

vCash: 750
Well done, Henrik. You really shut the critics up with this postseason showing. What a champion you are and we're lucky to have you. I'm even luckier as you represent my country too. Two silver medals this season so I guess you won't like to talk about it until you've been retired for about 10 years or so but you've done us all proud.

Old
06-14-2014, 03:12 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoeticgoblin View Post
Well done, Henrik. You really shut the critics up with this postseason showing. What a champion you are and we're lucky to have you. I'm even luckier as you represent my country too. Two silver medals this season so I guess you won't like to talk about it until you've been retired for about 10 years or so but you've done us all proud.
Were there really critics? It blows my mind when I see him criticized. What else is he supposed to do?

Lundqvist is one of my favorite players. I've never come close to respecting a rival player as much as I do Lundqvist.

06-14-2014, 03:35 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Were there really critics? It blows my mind when I see him criticized. What else is he supposed to do?

Lundqvist is one of my favorite players. I've never come close to respecting a rival player as much as I do Lundqvist.
Yep.

Any team with a good, sometimes great goalie (MTL, LA, etc) will constantly try to criticize Hank to make them feel better about their own goalie.

Old
06-14-2014, 03:42 AM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yep.

Any team with a good, sometimes great goalie (MTL, LA, etc) will constantly try to criticize Hank to make them feel better about their own goalie.
Our own fans criticize him. It's really embarrassing.

Old
06-14-2014, 03:44 AM
thepoeticgoblin

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

He's got ton of haters from other teams with strong goalies (as someone else posted) but he's also got an invested minority among NYR-fans (yes, you read that right) that are on his case about EVERY single goal allowed. At times this season there were SERIOUS calls for trading him (!) and giving Talbot an extended run as our #1......

I'd like to point out that it is a small minority, and it was perhaps magnified to Henrik having trouble adjusting to AV's system.

Old
07-22-2014, 08:25 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

Your chance to live like a King:

Henrik Lundqvist Hells Kitchen Penthouse for Sale at $6.4 million

http://www.modlingroup.com/detail.aspx?id=1332686

Old
07-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Fletch

Quote:
Yup. What some call superstition, others call routine. Like Lidström for example, mr. Perfect, his teammates could say exactly what he was doing and will do by looking at the clock. It's a state of mind, as you described it. The body just needs to follow.

The more times something occurs, the bigger the chance it will occur again. This fundamental rule is universal. If you want to become the best, you don't only need talent and the drive to win. You have to embrace and maybe even love the grinding repetition that some find extremely boring, to become one of the best at what you do. There are no secrets.

some people need routine. That's why, I believe, it's tough to play on the road, especially in a different time zone. You get out of your routine. Not everyone is like that, and similar to working out, it's good to mix things up. Lift differently. Run, bike, stair, cross-train, etc. Trick the muscles. I myself and a creature of habit. Protein/fruit shake around 9:45/10am. Gym by 11:20. Lunch around 1:15. I schedule meetings before 11 and after 1. Hate getting off schedule. Throws off the entire workout. That's more routine than superstition. It works for many. Some are more chill.

Old
07-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Inferno

vCash: 857
i HATE white cabinets. No thanks.

Old
07-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Yeah too modern art/European for me. I will buy a different penthouse.

Old
07-22-2014, 01:56 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

I don't see any Ikea furniture

Old
07-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
i HATE white cabinets. No thanks.
and where's the flat screen in the master bedroom? All I see are windows. Who's his decorator?

Old
07-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and where's the flat screen in the master bedroom? All I see are windows. Who's his decorator?
It's in the bottom right corner.

Old
07-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
It's in the bottom right corner.
damn, good eye! Actually looks a bit like a part of the windows.

Old
07-22-2014, 02:03 PM
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Duh!

He watches ************* on his laptop.

Old
08-02-2014, 12:30 PM
yrrebbor

I think Hank now lives in the UWS.

Old
08-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:

Agree With the first part, but I strongly believe that if if you liten to Blink 182 10 000 times You will not be a better ice-scater, or a human being.

Old
08-27-2014, 04:13 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

So glad to see him smiling:

http://blueshirtsunited.com/photos/6...the-collection

The last image I had of him was being completely devastated in the locker room after game 5, that was so gut wrenching

Closed Thread