HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All purpose Evander Kane thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-31-2014, 08:31 AM
  #976
Dunkster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Then we will glady keep Kane for 4 more years!
That just may happen especially since your GM seems reluctant to make trades.

Dunkster19 is offline  
Old
07-31-2014, 08:32 AM
  #977
NHL Fanatik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
I think WPG is better off keeping the kid for now. They won't get as much as they want for him, unless a team desperately wants him.

NHL Fanatik is offline  
Old
07-31-2014, 08:45 AM
  #978
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkster19 View Post
That just may happen especially since your GM seems reluctant to make trades.
Which is fine by most fans. Until any of the BS you hear affects his game or the locker room, he's got my vote to stay.

Seanahue is offline  
Old
07-31-2014, 09:38 AM
  #979
vToSLAYER
GO JETS GO
 
vToSLAYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 474
vCash: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Which is fine by most fans. Until any of the BS you hear affects his game or the locker room, he's got my vote to stay.
Personally, I don't want Kane going anywhere. All of the fabricated media and fan BS does not affect his value (IMO). He is the hardest working Jet night in and night out, and I for one would hold onto him unless we get a massive over-payment.

vToSLAYER is offline  
Old
07-31-2014, 11:09 PM
  #980
supersonic jet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maketrades View Post
Why the **** would winnipeg do that?

That's quality for quantity
Nashville's Spaling + Fiala + 1st 2015 for Kane + Petan

supersonic jet is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 12:30 AM
  #981
5cheifele5
JetsPlayoffs
 
5cheifele5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic jet View Post
Nashville's Spaling + Fiala + 1st 2015 for Kane + Petan
More like Kane for 1st, Leipsic and Ellis/Wilson.

5cheifele5 is online now  
Old
08-01-2014, 03:18 AM
  #982
Konnick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Just throwing this out there from the rangers point of view but what about:

Hagelin
Girardi
Kristo
2nd

For

Kane
3rd
4th

Leaves a hole up top where girardi is but have to deal from strengths and they will want to be out from under that contract sooner rather than later

Konnick is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 03:34 AM
  #983
Virtanev
★★★
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,319
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck61 View Post
Horvat is the new Schroder


Horvat and Schroeder have nothing in common. Nick Petan is a lot more like Schroeder then Horvat is. Do some research, bud.

__________________


OP Genasis: have you guys thought people are starting to get tired of Team Curl's antics? 21:56

Virtanev is online now  
Old
08-01-2014, 04:54 AM
  #984
thething
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post
Kane to the Canucks for 1st 2015, 1st 2016 and Shinkaruk.


But really want it to be Kane to Carolina for 1st 2015, Lindholm and Murphy. But I doubt it happens. But like I said, Waddell knows Kane. He took him 4th overall in the 2009 NHL draft.

Or the Islanders. Snow is known for making the worst moves in NHL history. Kane for 1st, Strome and Reinhart. Could happen you never know. He did Trade Moulson, 2015 1st and 2nd for Vanek. Then Vanek for Collberg, and two draft picks farther back in the draft. Not equal. Kane has more value than Vanek, also played with Tavares during the WJC.
Kane has not proven enough yet to garner those kinds of returns. Vancouver and Carolina do not appear to be playoff teams next year so there isn't a reason for either of those teams to give up their top prospects/top picks in whats considered to be a very strong draft for him.

As for the NYI there is no way they are willing to give up Reinhart unless they are packaging him to get a top proven d player in return. The most I could see the Islanders giving up would be strome, pulock and a 2nd round pick.

thething is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 07:05 AM
  #985
tucker22*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horvat2Virtanen View Post


Horvat and Schroeder have nothing in common. Nick Petan is a lot more like Schroeder then Horvat is. Do some research, bud.
So you are saying Canuck fans weren't valuing Schoeder as the next saviour for the team, and saying he was untouchable? Wouldn't trade him for a proven player straight up? I think you should be doing some research cause I am sure some of those posts came from someone with a similar I know everything writing style as you bud.

tucker22* is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 12:23 PM
  #986
supersonic jet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Seth Jones for E. Kane
Done

supersonic jet is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 01:26 PM
  #987
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,892
vCash: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post

Or the Islanders. Snow is known for making the worst moves in NHL history. Kane for 1st, Strome and Reinhart. Could happen you never know. He did Trade Moulson, 2015 1st and 2nd for Vanek. Then Vanek for Collberg, and two draft picks farther back in the draft. Not equal. Kane has more value than Vanek, also played with Tavares during the WJC.
Yeah. Cause when Snow heavily shopped his 5th overall at the 2014 draft, Snow was swindled by the Jets GM. Oh, wait..

well during the season when the press kept reporting the isles were shopping for a top 4 defenseman, Snow gave up his top youngsters...oh, wait.

Those fantasy trades never happened. Just opposing fans with their wet dreams

Vanek was an impending ufa and the isles had to trade him, take the best offer that did not include cap dumps. Isles have zero incentive to trade top prospects on cheap contracts, which Wang loves.

The Jets won't get anything close to 1st, Strome and Reinhart for kane

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 01:36 PM
  #988
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 40,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Yeah. Cause when Snow heavily shopped his 5th overall at the 2014 draft, Snow was swindled by the Jets GM. Oh, wait..

well during the season when the press kept reporting the isles were shopping for a top 4 defenseman, Snow gave up his top youngsters...oh, wait.

Those fantasy trades never happened. Just opposing fans with their wet dreams

Vanek was an impending ufa and the isles had to trade him, take the best offer that did not include cap dumps. Isles have zero incentive to trade top prospects on cheap contracts, which Wang loves.

The Jets won't get anything close to 1st, Strome and Reinhart for kane
Crew, you're going to see a lot of these adolescent "Snow traded for Vanek, he's an idiot, he'll make some ridiculous one-sided deal that favors my team" posts. Its just the reality of the situation. you and I suffered through many of those ridiculous threads back in the dark days of our former evil GM.

Best to ignore them and move on.

I do think Kane would be a great fit on Long Island. Imagine that grit, goal scoring, and even strength play on JT's wing! I also don't think we can afford to acquire a guy at his level right now and don't believe Isles would even be in the mix. Obviously, players like Strome, Nelson, and Reinhart are not available and the Jets are not going to bat an eye at assets like Nielsen, Bailey, and Grabner. We have nothing to offer them that they would want.

Also, as I've said before the Jets look to be a team like the Isles right now - agonizingly close to be competitive. If they add a goalie, they're back in the playoff hunt.

Why drop a likely 30 goal scoring winger now? Yeah, I know there have been some issues but work them out!

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 08-01-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 01:39 PM
  #989
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The Jets won't get anything close to 1st, Strome and Reinhart for kane
Agreed, that's crazy talk. And I actually think the Jets can get a good return for Kane. But that's just not realistic.

Huffer is offline  
Old
08-01-2014, 02:09 PM
  #990
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Crew, you're going to see a lot of these adolescent "Snow traded for Vanek, he's an idiot, he'll make some ridiculous one-sided deal that favors my team" posts. Its just the reality of the situation. you and I suffered through many of those ridiculous threads back in the dark days of our former evil GM.

Best to ignore them and move on.

I do think Kane would be a great fit on Long Island. Imagine that grit, goal scoring, and even strength play on JT's wing! I also don't think we can afford to acquire a guy at his level right now and don't believe Isles would even be in the mix. Obviously, players like Strome, Nelson, and Reinhart are not available and the Jets are not going to bat an eye at assets like Nielsen, Bailey, and Grabner. We have nothing to offer them that they would want.

Also, as I've said before the Jets look to be a team like the Isles right now - agonizingly close to be competitive. If they add a goalie, they're back in the playoff hunt.

Why drop a likely 30 goal scoring winger now? Yeah, I know there have been some issues but work them out!
I couldn't agree more.

Whileee is online now  
Old
08-02-2014, 06:16 PM
  #991
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Hard to make a deal with Jet fans . In another thread a Jet fan was asking for T Hall + for Kane from the Oilers LOL

supert is offline  
Old
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
  #992
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horvat2Virtanen View Post


Horvat and Schroeder have nothing in common. Nick Petan is a lot more like Schroeder then Horvat is. Do some research, bud.
Petan is probably bang on for Schroeder

LiquidSnake* is offline  
Old
08-02-2014, 07:08 PM
  #993
Alflives
Registered User
 
Alflives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Petan is probably bang on for Schroeder
Petan is a much tougher player than Schroeder. Although he might be too small anyway.

Alflives is offline  
Old
08-02-2014, 07:52 PM
  #994
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
Sabres....2015 1sts...Zadorov..Girgensons

Pens...Maata

Flyers...Schenns..Morin

Panthers...Kulikov...Howden...Bjugstad

NYI...Pulock...Dal Colle

Ducks....Fowler

If any of these assets came back for Kane I would be happy...for the record I don't expect the Panthers or Sabres to give up all of those assets..some combo of will do..
Whoa! Put down the pipe! Christ.

Howboutthempanthers is online now  
Old
08-02-2014, 10:19 PM
  #995
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Whoa! Put down the pipe! Christ.
I guess you stopped reading there.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
08-02-2014, 10:57 PM
  #996
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
.
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,009
vCash: 145
Nearing the thread limit - continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1717993

YWGinYYZ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.