HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All purpose Evander Kane thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Dunkster19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Then we will glady keep Kane for 4 more years!
That just may happen especially since your GM seems reluctant to make trades.

Old
07-31-2014, 08:32 AM
NHL Fanatik

I think WPG is better off keeping the kid for now. They won't get as much as they want for him, unless a team desperately wants him.

Old
07-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkster19 View Post
That just may happen especially since your GM seems reluctant to make trades.
Which is fine by most fans. Until any of the BS you hear affects his game or the locker room, he's got my vote to stay.

Old
07-31-2014, 09:38 AM
vToSLAYER
GO JETS GO

vCash: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Which is fine by most fans. Until any of the BS you hear affects his game or the locker room, he's got my vote to stay.
Personally, I don't want Kane going anywhere. All of the fabricated media and fan BS does not affect his value (IMO). He is the hardest working Jet night in and night out, and I for one would hold onto him unless we get a massive over-payment.

Old
07-31-2014, 11:09 PM
supersonic jet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maketrades View Post
Why the **** would winnipeg do that?

That's quality for quantity
Nashville's Spaling + Fiala + 1st 2015 for Kane + Petan

Old
08-01-2014, 12:30 AM
5cheifele5
JetsPlayoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic jet View Post
Nashville's Spaling + Fiala + 1st 2015 for Kane + Petan
More like Kane for 1st, Leipsic and Ellis/Wilson.

Old
08-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Konnick

Just throwing this out there from the rangers point of view but what about:

Hagelin
Girardi
Kristo
2nd

For

Kane
3rd
4th

Leaves a hole up top where girardi is but have to deal from strengths and they will want to be out from under that contract sooner rather than later

Old
08-01-2014, 03:34 AM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck61 View Post
Horvat is the new Schroder

Horvat and Schroeder have nothing in common. Nick Petan is a lot more like Schroeder then Horvat is. Do some research, bud.

OP Genasis: have you guys thought people are starting to get tired of Team Curl's antics? 21:56

Old
08-01-2014, 04:54 AM
thething

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post
Kane to the Canucks for 1st 2015, 1st 2016 and Shinkaruk.

But really want it to be Kane to Carolina for 1st 2015, Lindholm and Murphy. But I doubt it happens. But like I said, Waddell knows Kane. He took him 4th overall in the 2009 NHL draft.

Or the Islanders. Snow is known for making the worst moves in NHL history. Kane for 1st, Strome and Reinhart. Could happen you never know. He did Trade Moulson, 2015 1st and 2nd for Vanek. Then Vanek for Collberg, and two draft picks farther back in the draft. Not equal. Kane has more value than Vanek, also played with Tavares during the WJC.
Kane has not proven enough yet to garner those kinds of returns. Vancouver and Carolina do not appear to be playoff teams next year so there isn't a reason for either of those teams to give up their top prospects/top picks in whats considered to be a very strong draft for him.

As for the NYI there is no way they are willing to give up Reinhart unless they are packaging him to get a top proven d player in return. The most I could see the Islanders giving up would be strome, pulock and a 2nd round pick.

Old
08-01-2014, 07:05 AM
tucker22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horvat2Virtanen View Post

Horvat and Schroeder have nothing in common. Nick Petan is a lot more like Schroeder then Horvat is. Do some research, bud.
So you are saying Canuck fans weren't valuing Schoeder as the next saviour for the team, and saying he was untouchable? Wouldn't trade him for a proven player straight up? I think you should be doing some research cause I am sure some of those posts came from someone with a similar I know everything writing style as you bud.

Old
08-01-2014, 12:23 PM
supersonic jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Seth Jones for E. Kane
Done

Old
08-01-2014, 01:26 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post

Or the Islanders. Snow is known for making the worst moves in NHL history. Kane for 1st, Strome and Reinhart. Could happen you never know. He did Trade Moulson, 2015 1st and 2nd for Vanek. Then Vanek for Collberg, and two draft picks farther back in the draft. Not equal. Kane has more value than Vanek, also played with Tavares during the WJC.
Yeah. Cause when Snow heavily shopped his 5th overall at the 2014 draft, Snow was swindled by the Jets GM. Oh, wait..

well during the season when the press kept reporting the isles were shopping for a top 4 defenseman, Snow gave up his top youngsters...oh, wait.

Those fantasy trades never happened. Just opposing fans with their wet dreams

Vanek was an impending ufa and the isles had to trade him, take the best offer that did not include cap dumps. Isles have zero incentive to trade top prospects on cheap contracts, which Wang loves.

The Jets won't get anything close to 1st, Strome and Reinhart for kane

Old
08-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Yeah. Cause when Snow heavily shopped his 5th overall at the 2014 draft, Snow was swindled by the Jets GM. Oh, wait..

well during the season when the press kept reporting the isles were shopping for a top 4 defenseman, Snow gave up his top youngsters...oh, wait.

Those fantasy trades never happened. Just opposing fans with their wet dreams

Vanek was an impending ufa and the isles had to trade him, take the best offer that did not include cap dumps. Isles have zero incentive to trade top prospects on cheap contracts, which Wang loves.

Crew, you're going to see a lot of these adolescent "Snow traded for Vanek, he's an idiot, he'll make some ridiculous one-sided deal that favors my team" posts. Its just the reality of the situation. you and I suffered through many of those ridiculous threads back in the dark days of our former evil GM.

Best to ignore them and move on.

I do think Kane would be a great fit on Long Island. Imagine that grit, goal scoring, and even strength play on JT's wing! I also don't think we can afford to acquire a guy at his level right now and don't believe Isles would even be in the mix. Obviously, players like Strome, Nelson, and Reinhart are not available and the Jets are not going to bat an eye at assets like Nielsen, Bailey, and Grabner. We have nothing to offer them that they would want.

Also, as I've said before the Jets look to be a team like the Isles right now - agonizingly close to be competitive. If they add a goalie, they're back in the playoff hunt.

Why drop a likely 30 goal scoring winger now? Yeah, I know there have been some issues but work them out!

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 08-01-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old
08-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Agreed, that's crazy talk. And I actually think the Jets can get a good return for Kane. But that's just not realistic.

Old
08-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Crew, you're going to see a lot of these adolescent "Snow traded for Vanek, he's an idiot, he'll make some ridiculous one-sided deal that favors my team" posts. Its just the reality of the situation. you and I suffered through many of those ridiculous threads back in the dark days of our former evil GM.

Best to ignore them and move on.

I do think Kane would be a great fit on Long Island. Imagine that grit, goal scoring, and even strength play on JT's wing! I also don't think we can afford to acquire a guy at his level right now and don't believe Isles would even be in the mix. Obviously, players like Strome, Nelson, and Reinhart are not available and the Jets are not going to bat an eye at assets like Nielsen, Bailey, and Grabner. We have nothing to offer them that they would want.

Also, as I've said before the Jets look to be a team like the Isles right now - agonizingly close to be competitive. If they add a goalie, they're back in the playoff hunt.

Why drop a likely 30 goal scoring winger now? Yeah, I know there have been some issues but work them out!
I couldn't agree more.

Old
08-02-2014, 06:16 PM
supert

Hard to make a deal with Jet fans . In another thread a Jet fan was asking for T Hall + for Kane from the Oilers LOL

Old
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horvat2Virtanen View Post

Petan is probably bang on for Schroeder

Old
08-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Petan is probably bang on for Schroeder
Petan is a much tougher player than Schroeder. Although he might be too small anyway.

Old
08-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
Sabres....2015 1sts...Zadorov..Girgensons

Pens...Maata

Flyers...Schenns..Morin

Panthers...Kulikov...Howden...Bjugstad

NYI...Pulock...Dal Colle

Ducks....Fowler

If any of these assets came back for Kane I would be happy...for the record I don't expect the Panthers or Sabres to give up all of those assets..some combo of will do..
Whoa! Put down the pipe! Christ.

Old
08-02-2014, 10:19 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Whoa! Put down the pipe! Christ.
I guess you stopped reading there.

Old
08-02-2014, 10:57 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 145
Nearing the thread limit - continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1717993

Closed Thread