HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The official Predators Playoff Thread

Old
04-10-2007, 10:43 AM
5major

vCash: 500
What channel is the game on tomorrow night on tv? NHL center ice? Just curious. Thanks

5major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
What channel is the game on tomorrow night on tv? NHL center ice? Just curious. Thanks
TSN (Center Ice) *hopefully*

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
5major

Just to clarify. If I have Comcast Cable and I have a subscription to NHL Center ICE, will I get this game tomorrow? I dont normally get a TSN channel. Thanks

Old
04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Lucky Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
We get Erat back, leaving only Sullivan out...who we really didn't have last year, either
The Preds would be much more dangerous with him in the lineup however.

Lucky Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Lucky Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
Just to clarify. If I have Comcast Cable and I have a subscription to NHL Center ICE, will I get this game tomorrow? I dont normally get a TSN channel. Thanks
You should, NHL Centre Ice is a sister station of TSN.

Old
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

Same questions are still there...who's going to stop the top line? Who's going to stop Marleau's line?
I thought the questions were:
1. What are the odds the Sharks get as many 5 on 3 power plays as last series?
2. How are they going to win without them?

Seriously, I don't think the questions are the same this time, even if the results turn out the same. The Preds couldn't break the cycle last time and they couldn't stop Marleau's line and both were Pred personnel issues. Those personnel issues have been addressed. If they fail this time, it's an execution issue. Add to that, our top 3 lines are now as potent as the Sharks (not true last year) so the equally important question is who can stop our top lines? I would think a Preds third line of Hartnell, Forsberg, Radulov should worry the Sharks defensively.

One issue not addressed so far is the Preds ability to set up on the PP. San Jose lined up last year at the blue line and denied the Preds entry. Rarely did the Preds set up with the puck before 1/2 the PP had run. The Preds have continued to struggle in carrying in this year (only Legwand and Suter seem capable) and it could be a factor.

Another issue important to us is scoring first (and second), as the Preds are much better at exposing D's on a counter-attack when the other team is forced to stretch.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Lucky Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
One issue not addressed so far is the Preds ability to set up on the PP. San Jose lined up last year at the blue line and denied the Preds entry. Rarely did the Preds set up with the puck before 1/2 the PP had run. The Preds have continued to struggle in carrying in this year (only Legwand and Suter seem capable) and it could be a factor.
Dump it in, beat them to the puck. The Preds forwards are MUCH faster than SJ's dmen. Plus the Preds have a few guys who will take a little abuse going in to the corners... that's all key in playoff games, or any game for that matter. Can't be a chickens*it.

Old
04-10-2007, 11:50 AM
vopatsrash

Preds recall Leahy

Checkmate, San Jose, Checkmate...

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 01:11 PM
SC2008

Theme

The Sharks theme should be:

Save Matt Carle.
Save the Series.

That guy gets taken so many times on D. I'm gonna hold my breath every time he goes up against Forsberg, Kariya, or Arnott.

He's definitely the one weak spot that the Preds should exploit.

Carle should come with a warning label:

Use for Power Play purposes ONLY

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
5major

Is there any chance that Smithson plays? He had a leg brace on yesterday? I am curious if he is practicing with the team today, or maybe just skating on his own on the other end of the ice.

Old
04-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderkyle View Post
Dump it in, beat them to the puck. The Preds forwards are MUCH faster than SJ's dmen. Plus the Preds have a few guys who will take a little abuse going in to the corners... that's all key in playoff games, or any game for that matter. Can't be a chickens*it.
This has been a problem for us all season. We aren't as fast as we used to be. This season, teams who have stood us up at the blue line and had a good puck handling goalie have destroyed us.

We've tried to dump it past the wall on the blue line, but we aren't winning the puck after the dump.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 05:15 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
the game isnt showing up on my Center Ice yet.

I know it is too early to panic, but Id be alot happier if I could at least see it on there.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Nashville108*

will it be on FSN?

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Just to let you guys know im keeping the Senapred alliance alive and well, did two playoff brackets today for cash, one with the Sens winning and one with the Preds, so if the Sens lose, you guys better earn me some money damnit.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
the game isnt showing up on my Center Ice yet.

I know it is too early to panic, but Id be alot happier if I could at least see it on there.
The center ice homepage says, without specifics, that select(read: non Versus games) will be aired, throughout the first two rounds of the playoffs. That's how it always is. For those of you without Versus...there's always watching on the internet with sopcast or TVU...but that doesn't come into play until next monday(game 3) in SJ.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:49 PM
vopatsrash

I have center ice on comcast in Nashville and it's listing it on channel 772 tomorrow. Don't know if that's a sharks feed or TSN. If you have center ice, it looks like you'll get it in some form.

The program guide currently says FSN-South (Ch 28) is airing a Braves game tomorrow night, but the Preds home page is saying FSN south so perhaps they will be bumping the Braves game locally.

Old
04-10-2007, 09:08 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
This has been a problem for us all season. We aren't as fast as we used to be. This season, teams who have stood us up at the blue line and had a good puck handling goalie have destroyed us.

We've tried to dump it past the wall on the blue line, but we aren't winning the puck after the dump.
I don't think this will be as big an issue in playing the Sharks. IMO, they have not been as good this year in denying the entry pass. They don't play a trap style, but they are, in building up to the playoffs, effectively forechecking and hitting the attacking players coming out of their own zone, and getting back on the puck. Its no surprise that they are more effective in that style against the VAN defense, than Pronger and Niedemeyer.

In that vein, I recognize the Preds worked hard on getting bigger last year after the season ended earlier than hoped. Several have commented on how the team is bigger up the middle. The Sharks discovered they also needed a little more physical play when they met Edmonton and the season ended earlier than they had hoped too, in part because they were out-hit. The Sharks addressed it in the offseason, and at the deadline as well. The results will be decided starting Wednesday, but here is one writers opinion on the results for each team's toughness:

USA Today: Toughest to Meekest

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

There is a "Media Prediction Thread" on the Sharks boards, to collect all the pundits forecasts. You can find anything from Preds in 5, to Sharks in 5. Most in the mainstream believe that its a pretty even series. Seems most point to the Preds injuries as a potential "difference maker" once again. Here are the 6 ESPN writers predictions for the first round:

ESPN Picks for the First Round

Old
04-10-2007, 10:13 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
There is a "[URL="http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=367979"]

ESPN Picks for the First Round
yet another reason that we have no chance..... of course that would also mean we can only disappoint others.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 11:59 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
yet another reason that we have no chance..... of course that would also mean we can only disappoint others.
Oh don't be so hard on the teams chances. Of course they have a chance. I think the team is really good. As a matter of fact, I'm sure they will try really hard and do the absolute very best they possibly can. Because your team is good enough, they are smart enough and doggone it, people like them!

Old
04-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Lucky Lager

Quote:

Sounds like a job for the flying V

Old
04-11-2007, 08:29 AM
xEx

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11007&hubname=

The series is over for the Sharks. Maggie has spoken.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Strangely, I respect that monkey's opinion more than any analysts.

She's uncanny, her success rate is some absurd percentage.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:

I actually think we are faster than last year. Off that roster are players like Sillinger, Perreault, and Witt. In their place have stepped in players like Dumont, Arnott, Radulov, Forsberg, and Weber. While none of those guys are absolute burners, neither is as slow as that aforementioned trio. What makes us a lot slower is the loss of Sullivan. But he wasn't near full-speed last year against the Sharks, so I'm not sure it matters all that much when comparing last years to this years.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 09:20 AM
vopatsrash

I just looked at most of the websites on the SJ media predictions thread and counted 27 people picking the Sharks and 9 picking the Preds (10 counting Maggie).

From a "the Preds don't play well as a favorite" standpoint, this is a good thing.