HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5 years from now

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2014, 04:31 PM
  #1
Jesse Joensuu
Registered User
 
Jesse Joensuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 637
vCash: 530
5 years from now

Hall (27) - Nuge (26) - Eberle (29)
Perron (31) - Draisaitl (23) - Yak (25)

Nurse (24) - Schultz (29)
Klefbom (26)
Marincin (27)

Of course one of the 3 LD will likely be moved for a RD.

Getzlaf (34), Perry (34)

Carter (34), Brown (34), Gaborik (37)

Both LA and Anaheim have big name players entering the age where most begin a slow decline. SJ will likely have been turned over to Couture. We become basically what LA is right now.

5 years from now. It seems like a long time to wait, however the fact is that this will be the time that we finally see the Oilers take over. It's not that for the next 4 years they won't compete, in fact it's plausible that the Oil crack a wildcard spot this year. The fear I have is that "fans" are two short sighted to realize what is being built. This team is growing. Developing. The Oilers aren't being built for right now or next year, as evidenced by the lack of a 2nd line center. It's a waiting game right now, and fans need to realize that the next two years could be ones without the Oil cracking the post season. 5 years from now our top 6 enters their prime, so my message is to hold on for another couple of years. Don't panic, our time will come. And please, have some faith in MacT.

Jesse Joensuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:14 PM
  #2
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post
Hall (27) - Nuge (26) - Eberle (29)
Perron (31) - Draisaitl (23) - Yak (25)

Nurse (24) - Schultz (29)
Klefbom (26)
Marincin (27)

Of course one of the 3 LD will likely be moved for a RD.

Getzlaf (34), Perry (34)

Carter (34), Brown (34), Gaborik (37)

Both LA and Anaheim have big name players entering the age where most begin a slow decline. SJ will likely have been turned over to Couture. We become basically what LA is right now.

5 years from now. It seems like a long time to wait, however the fact is that this will be the time that we finally see the Oilers take over. It's not that for the next 4 years they won't compete, in fact it's plausible that the Oil crack a wildcard spot this year. The fear I have is that "fans" are two short sighted to realize what is being built. This team is growing. Developing. The Oilers aren't being built for right now or next year, as evidenced by the lack of a 2nd line center. It's a waiting game right now, and fans need to realize that the next two years could be ones without the Oil cracking the post season. 5 years from now our top 6 enters their prime, so my message is to hold on for another couple of years. Don't panic, our time will come. And please, have some faith in MacT.



Bank on it that the Oilers will not win one Stanley cup with that top 6.The Oilers organization is putting together a top 6 that is missing key ingredients to be successful in the playoffs.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:22 PM
  #3
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is a major question mark too,as he hasn't proven that he can be a leading center man and he was a weak player to be taken 1st overall.



Taylor Hall is going to truly be the best player for this team down the road.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:24 PM
  #4
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,812
vCash: 500
5 years from now:

Taylor Hall 1 year away from taking his talents to Manhattan

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:27 PM
  #5
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
If only Boston had agreed to the Oilers deal and we ended up getting Seguin and Hall in 2010.


Too bad.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:28 PM
  #6
Musashi
Registered User
 
Musashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,137
vCash: 500
It's not as simple as that. The teams in our division will continue to be aided by developing their prospects on competitive teams and in proper roles because of adequate depth.

Aging the current rosters by 5 years does not accurately show where these teams will be in 5 years.

Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:38 PM
  #7
Hockey Fan #751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
If only Boston had agreed to the Oilers deal and we ended up getting Seguin and Hall in 2010.


Too bad.
Considering Seguin partied his way out of Boston, it's not much of a stretch to predict that if he went to Edmonton he would have been an absolute trainwreck.

Hockey Fan #751 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:38 PM
  #8
Tarus
Fire Mact
 
Tarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is a major question mark too,as he hasn't proven that he can be a leading center man and he was a weak player to be taken 1st overall.



Taylor Hall is going to truly be the best player for this team down the road.
Taylor Hall will be the best player on a future team no doubt, but it's debatable that it will be for the Oilers.

Another few months of Eakins, poorly constructed rosters riddled with holes, and the increasingly noticeable frustration we've been seeing from Hall - all of it has a solid(if not probable) chance of boiling over into a drama that will be all too familiar to Oiler fans.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:47 PM
  #9
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,219
vCash: 500
We'd better be a cup contender in five years or I'll be very pissed. With Eakins as coach would be nice; there I said it. I can't believe that so many have totally written him off. Sans Lowe would be good, however.

MoneyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 05:53 PM
  #10
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
We'd better be a cup contender in five years or I'll be very pissed. With Eakins as coach would be nice; there I said it. I can't believe that so many have totally written him off. Sans Lowe would be good, however.

The only way that's going to happen is if the Oilers get Connor McDavid;otherwise,you're going to need to be prepared to be disappointed in 5 years.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 07:29 PM
  #11
Jesse Joensuu
Registered User
 
Jesse Joensuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 637
vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The only way that's going to happen is if the Oilers get Connor McDavid;otherwise,you're going to need to be prepared to be disappointed in 5 years.
Wouldn't be opposed to trading Nuge and our first assuming it's top 10 for McDavid..

Jesse Joensuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 07:33 PM
  #12
CorpseFX
Registered User
 
CorpseFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 7,687
vCash: 872
i doubt Perron lasts 5 years here

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
  #13
Zap Brannigan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
5 years from now:

Taylor Hall 1 year away from taking his talents to Manhattan
this x10000

Zap Brannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 07:52 PM
  #14
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post
Hall (27) - Nuge (26) - Eberle (29)
Perron (31) - Draisaitl (23) - Yak (25)

Nurse (24) - Schultz (29)
Klefbom (26)
Marincin (27)

Of course one of the 3 LD will likely be moved for a RD.

Getzlaf (34), Perry (34)

Carter (34), Brown (34), Gaborik (37)

Both LA and Anaheim have big name players entering the age where most begin a slow decline. SJ will likely have been turned over to Couture. We become basically what LA is right now.

5 years from now. It seems like a long time to wait, however the fact is that this will be the time that we finally see the Oilers take over. It's not that for the next 4 years they won't compete, in fact it's plausible that the Oil crack a wildcard spot this year. The fear I have is that "fans" are two short sighted to realize what is being built. This team is growing. Developing. The Oilers aren't being built for right now or next year, as evidenced by the lack of a 2nd line center. It's a waiting game right now, and fans need to realize that the next two years could be ones without the Oil cracking the post season. 5 years from now our top 6 enters their prime, so my message is to hold on for another couple of years. Don't panic, our time will come. And please, have some faith in MacT.
Both LA and Anaheim have some very talented youngsters that you seem to be ignoring. Don't count on a "window" when superior franchises with superior results are stocking their cupboards faster than we are.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 07:58 PM
  #15
Up the Irons
Registered User
 
Up the Irons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Taylor Hall will be the best player on a future team no doubt, but it's debatable that it will be for the Oilers.

Another few months of Eakins, poorly constructed rosters riddled with holes, and the increasingly noticeable frustration we've been seeing from Hall - all of it has a solid(if not probable) chance of boiling over into a drama that will be all too familiar to Oiler fans.
This is the very real and present danger. If they don't turn north this year it could all blow up. If Eakins doesn't work and has to be skidded, that will mean that management will be faced with making another crucial decision. If they blow it, and make another huge mistake, I think that will do it. the rebuild will be a failure.

They've used up the 3 mulligans. One more crucial mistake by management and it's all over, folks.

Btw, Yak and another D prospect will not be part of the future.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 01:05 AM
  #16
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
I think prime years for forwards right now...who are in the nhl at 18/19 is around 24.

In five years we wont really have prime hall. I expect him to peak over the next three seasons.

oilinblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 10:37 AM
  #17
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
i doubt Perron lasts 5 years here
that would be unfortunate, he's been doing very well all things considered. after 5 years begins the collapse.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 10:44 AM
  #18
Playa Hejda
Registered User
 
Playa Hejda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: #yeg
Posts: 386
vCash: 117
Unless I'm mistaken, Hall and Eberle are now the longest serving Oilers with 4 years of experience, it seems rash to be making roster predictions for 5 years from now.

Playa Hejda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 11:08 AM
  #19
archangel archangel
Registered User
 
archangel archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 50
Five years from now the poster's on this board will be talking about trading hall and eberle because they will be one and two years away from ufa status

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 12:21 PM
  #20
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,863
vCash: 500
Excellent, we have adjusted the rebuild time again to 5 years from now. The 5 year rebuild that takes 15 years. Wahhhh whoooo!

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 12:28 PM
  #21
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Bank on it that the Oilers will not win one Stanley cup with that top 6.The Oilers organization is putting together a top 6 that is missing key ingredients to be successful in the playoffs.
What ingredients are those?

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 12:41 PM
  #22
TowMater14
Registered User
 
TowMater14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OIL COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,819
vCash: 50
OMG people get the doctor to prescribe some antidepressants in bulk for everyone on this thread collectively. Give me a freakin break. Nuge was a weak draft pick? Really? The guy had a bad year due to injury, most people have seen the talent there. This thread reminds me why I can't pay attention to HF anymore.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 01:21 PM
  #23
archangel archangel
Registered User
 
archangel archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 50
here is when the Oilers hit the UFA market (remember we are talking about 5 years in the future July 6th 2014 + 5 years = 2019
Eberle- July 1st 2019
Hall July 1 2020
Hopkins July 1st 2021

Right now, not using a 2 to 3 year bridge contract is looking bad

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 01:40 PM
  #24
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 50
I always enjoy the "in 5 years..." threads.
2008: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=553649

I was just lurking abit. Not picking on you, Oil fans. Every team has these threads.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 01:45 PM
  #25
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
I always enjoy the "in 5 years..." threads.
2008: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=553649

I was just lurking abit. Not picking on you, Oil fans. Every team has these threads.
Not nearly as often as we do. Whether apologism or optimism, we do have our Monty Python singers at the ready.


Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.