HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Brian McGrattan’s Top Five

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2014, 04:46 PM
  #1
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,505
vCash: 460
Brian McGrattan’s Top Five

http://www.hockeyfights.com/original...-five-fighters

McGrattans top five fighters.

based on:

"Fighting ability. Wins and losses, or activity, mean **** to me."

1. Bordeleau
2. Gazdic
3. Orr
4. Carkner
5. Rosehill

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 05:32 PM
  #2
moog35
Registered User
 
moog35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Pretty good list. McGrattan is actually becoming more than just a goon, the guy played 76 games this season for Calgary and was a good 4th liner

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 07:11 PM
  #3
Sheppy
Registered User
 
Sheppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,990
vCash: 500
I think Orr is too high on that list. I'd say

1. Patrick Bordeleau/Luke Gazdic
2. Patrick Bordelau/Luke Gazdic
3. Jay Rosehill
4. Eric Boulton
5. Matt Carkner

HM: Colton Orr, Anthony Peluso and Matt Kassian

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 08:03 PM
  #4
Kobe Armstrong
Registered User
 
Kobe Armstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,220
vCash: 255
John Scott I would think would be up there. Maybe even Douglas Murray

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 10:46 PM
  #5
btimbit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Orr 3 years ago definitely. Not so much now.

Good list

btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 09:51 AM
  #6
trick9
Registered User
 
trick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,640
vCash: 50
Erskine beat the **** out of Orr when they fought this season and yet he is 3rd in that list?

trick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 10:59 AM
  #7
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
I think Orr is too high on that list. I'd say

1. Patrick Bordeleau/Luke Gazdic
2. Patrick Bordelau/Luke Gazdic
3. Jay Rosehill
4. Eric Boulton
5. Matt Carkner

HM: Colton Orr, Anthony Peluso and Matt Kassian

Carkner and Kassian are overrated.

Peluso underrated.

Orr made mince meat out of Carkner.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
  #8
Sheppy
Registered User
 
Sheppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe armstrong View Post
john scott i would think would be up there. maybe even douglas murray
not sure if serious or not...

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
  #9
Sheppy
Registered User
 
Sheppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Carkner and Kassian are overrated.

Peluso underrated.

Orr made mince meat out of Carkner.
While i agree that Kassian is overrated, he rarely loses. He got popped last week, yes. But he only has 2 losses since 2009. Gallant and McLaren being those two losses.

Carkner seems to have come around a bit towards the end of this year.

Orr is a ghost, and has been fairly inactive.

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 12:58 PM
  #10
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,505
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
While i agree that Kassian is overrated, he rarely loses. He got popped last week, yes. But he only has 2 losses since 2009. Gallant and McLaren being those two losses.

Carkner seems to have come around a bit towards the end of this year.

Orr is a ghost, and has been fairly inactive.
"Fighting ability. Wins and losses, or activity, mean **** to me."



sorry just had to as I enjoy his quote.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 03:49 PM
  #11
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,593
vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
I think Orr is too high on that list. I'd say

1. Patrick Bordeleau/Luke Gazdic
2. Patrick Bordelau/Luke Gazdic
3. Jay Rosehill
4. Eric Boulton
5. Matt Carkner

HM: Colton Orr, Anthony Peluso and Matt Kassian
I was surprised to see Carkner on there but not Boulton.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 06:56 PM
  #12
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,614
vCash: 500
Lucic the spot picker fought 4 of 5.

Central Scrutinizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 07:17 PM
  #13
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,187
vCash: 50
where does McGratton rank against those fighters?

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2014, 05:52 AM
  #14
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
where does McGratton rank against those fighters?
#1 , IMO he's the the champ right now until proven otherwise..


About the list, you guys gotta remember he's only judging it on pure fighting ability (not win/loss, or activity), which is something he'd know plenty about, but solid list nonetheless.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2014, 10:24 PM
  #15
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
#1 , IMO he's the the champ right now until proven otherwise..


About the list, you guys gotta remember he's only judging it on pure fighting ability (not win/loss, or activity), which is something he'd know plenty about, but solid list nonetheless.
Agreed, until someone knocks him off of his perch he's the mark to beat.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:32 PM
  #16
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Not a bad list, but these fighter obviously have biases. They have friends in the league and guys they respect and guys they don't. It can explain how one gets mentioned and another doesn't.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 04:29 PM
  #17
ForeverFlameFan
HF/CP Middleman
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,923
vCash: 217
Nobody really wants to fight him anymore. He always sticks up for the rookies, which makes him a huge asset to our team.

ForeverFlameFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 03:13 AM
  #18
fireworks
Registered User
 
fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bobcaygeon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Lucic the spot picker fought 4 of 5.
Ya and did well in most fights. Draw or slight edge Lucic vs Gadzic & Rosehill and beat Carkner twice. Lossed to Orr and has yet to fight Bordeleau!

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2014, 05:40 PM
  #19
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,230
vCash: 500
McGratt's has never fought Carkner. He has beaten Gazdic and Rosehill, but didn't TKO or KO them and they both stood in there. Had two epic draws with Bordeleau and has had a handful of fights against Orr.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 11:41 AM
  #20
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
Ya and did well in most fights. Draw or slight edge Lucic vs Gadzic & Rosehill and beat Carkner twice. Lossed to Orr and has yet to fight Bordeleau!
So we are on the same page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EI_JwZpS2A#t=46

You gave that fight as a slight edge to Lucic? Ill give you that Lucic was more active at the start of the fight. Until Gadzic got position and just tagged him with 2 straight to the face that caused Lucic to hang on for the referees, and then throw 1 as the refs came in.

X8oD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 02:44 PM
  #21
Asuno
Registered User
 
Asuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,745
vCash: 500
McGrattan's number one in my eyes, but Gazdic is right under him. Held his own against McGrattan, while fighting so damn good against others.

Asuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 04:12 PM
  #22
ObjectiveOpinion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Yeah, Carkner shouldn't even be sniffing this list. He had a semi revival last year, but Scott pushes him out of the top 5.

McGratton - The guy has been killing it for like 5 years now
Gazdic
Bordeleau
Scott
Sestito - The guy is useless, much like Scott, but he made a huge push last year

If this were 2 years ago, Erskine would be on there because he was beating the piss out of people for such a prolonged time.

Honorable mention to Bouton, Carkner, Rosehill. They're good sometimes, but haven't had sustained periods where they go unbeaton.

ObjectiveOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 06:38 PM
  #23
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD View Post
So we are on the same page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EI_JwZpS2A#t=46

You gave that fight as a slight edge to Lucic? Ill give you that Lucic was more active at the start of the fight. Until Gadzic got position and just tagged him with 2 straight to the face that caused Lucic to hang on for the referees, and then throw 1 as the refs came in.
What if Gazdic didn't have a shield to protect him? Maybe Gazdic never even has the chance to "collect" himself. Kinda of a farse that a "goon" in allowed(obliged) to wear a visor....

Good fight. I give Lucic the slight edge.

Central Scrutinizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
  #24
Asuno
Registered User
 
Asuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
What if Gazdic didn't have a shield to protect him? Maybe Gazdic never even has the chance to "collect" himself. Kinda of a farse that a "goon" in allowed(obliged) to wear a visor....

Good fight. I give Lucic the slight edge.
Gazdic doesn't need a visor to fight. Its just mandatory for rookies to wear it. He even tried taking it off during a fight, and the refs broke it up and gave him an extra minor penalty. Him and Lucic were pretty close in that fight, but Gaz landed better shots in my opinion.

Asuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 02:08 PM
  #25
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
Gazdic doesn't need a visor to fight. Its just mandatory for rookies to wear it. He even tried taking it off during a fight, and the refs broke it up and gave him an extra minor penalty. Him and Lucic were pretty close in that fight, but Gaz landed better shots in my opinion.
We're not retarded... we know he has to wear the visor. But it's obviously a massive advantage for him to have it on that no other goons have. And stop with the referee BS, they might break it up once every 30 times guys take off their helmets before a fight. That's not the reason Gazdic doesnt drop the helmet.

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.