HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

vCash: 500
Cam, you seriously cannot catch a break against my soccer team. The worst part is the draw didn't do either of us any favors as we both slipped a spot down the standings. Your goalie had a killer goal-less streak going until today. Why is it that the team I care the least about is the one doing the best?

With that, figure I ought to set priorities for my teams, since this is a lost season for 2/3 of them.

Hockey:
  • Keep building the big 4 facilities without a break in construction
  • Demote (Phase III of my long term plan would make this inevitable anyway)

Soccer:
  • Finish 6th or higher to hit all GS bonuses for the season.
  • Earn enough to build at least 1 more max triple at the end of the season

Basketball:
  • Build HR to level 5 and arena capacity to 1600
  • Sigh uncontrollably because my team takes a game off for every game they dominate
  • Avoid demotion

Old
08-07-2014, 09:16 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
That should mean you're in the CWC yup!
Sweet. I think I played one if two active teams in the whole tourney. And one if them only has five manager points. I totally deserve this

Quote:
My soccer team drew 1-1 today in leg 1 of the CWC. Oddly the team had a 140 OTS team all year so I send out my 175 OTS B-squad on N to face them at home and draw 1-1! What the heck is that? I look, he played a 174 OTS (or whatever it is) out of nowhere! Sneaky bugger! He's getting A-squad on VH next game. A 0-0 draw means he advances so I *must* score a goal next week.
I always wanted to do something dirty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4ever View Post
Could not resist to buy another top young basketball prospect. He is injured for 22 days so nobody wanted him

Now i have 2 very high quality prospects with 200+ OR and another one with 176

15yo prospects
--------------
Milutin Mačić: 56th highest quality in PPM and 2nd in USA
Wacław Blocki: 9th in USA i.1 (the one i just bought)
Daniel Barclay: 11th in USA i.1
How long before the prospects take over?

Old
08-07-2014, 09:20 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Cam, you seriously cannot catch a break against my soccer team. The worst part is the draw didn't do either of us any favors as we both slipped a spot down the standings. Your goalie had a killer goal-less streak going until today. Why is it that the team I care the least about is the one doing the best?

With that, figure I ought to set priorities for my teams, since this is a lost season for 2/3 of them.

Hockey:
  • Keep building the big 4 facilities without a break in construction
  • Demote (Phase III of my long term plan would make this inevitable anyway)

Soccer:
  • Finish 6th or higher to hit all GS bonuses for the season.
  • Earn enough to build at least 1 more max triple at the end of the season

Basketball:
  • Build HR to level 5 and arena capacity to 1600
  • Sigh uncontrollably because my team takes a game off for every game they dominate
  • Avoid demotion
I've come to expect either a one goal loss or a draw whenever I play you. Thankfully, my schedule is insanely easy for the rest of the season, so there's a good chance that I can reclaim second place. I'm still debating on whether I want to promote or not. Although the three teams that I could end up facing seem to be a full 10-15 points stronger than my team, so maybe it won't matter what I want.

Anybody know if there is a penalty for running a training camp while in the relegation playoffs for handball?

Old
08-07-2014, 10:35 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
When you see such amazing players with great Qs and now also great CL (i found them at 15), but managers refuse to sell them or just ignore your mail (they both have bad training facilities), it kinda increases my blood pressure and i get pissed and disinterested to continue browsing.
If you come across any let me know. If they have Qs like that I'd toss 50+M their way. That's HUGE money for a young team. But often they're half brain-dead so I get what you're saying.

Well, finish last in hockey, pick an A+ in the draft and sell to me! I'll win him for 10k and you'll be back to ground 0!

###################

I've developed a bit of software that can send an email with score updates. It is working for hockey and I have the code ready for the other 3 sports. If you cannot view PPM during the day but can check email and would want to know your hockey score this will help you. All I need is your team ID (number) and the email address you want it sent to. A message on PPM is likely best.

Old
08-07-2014, 11:07 PM
tescosamoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
I've come to expect either a one goal loss or a draw whenever I play you. Thankfully, my schedule is insanely easy for the rest of the season, so there's a good chance that I can reclaim second place. I'm still debating on whether I want to promote or not. Although the three teams that I could end up facing seem to be a full 10-15 points stronger than my team, so maybe it won't matter what I want.

Anybody know if there is a penalty for running a training camp while in the relegation playoffs for handball?
Heh some how I am in 1st in ii.4. I cannot figure it out as I have the 6th best team

Old
08-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Bulls4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
How long before the prospects take over?
Take over .. forever
but enough to to play a few games next season due to my strategy. Certainly gong to take over the 250 or so OR players

OR 243 Dane Benoit played 2 games.
OR 258 Ian Walsh played 14 games this season
OR 258 Terry Vu played 14 games as well
OR 264 Heath Cabala played 25 games

so yeah, i see they playing next season something from 10 to 15 matches.

Old
08-07-2014, 11:09 PM
tescosamoa

Cam no regulations penalty if you finish bottom 3. On a side note, my otr has increased by 80 since regulations

Old
08-08-2014, 03:35 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
If you come across any let me know. If they have Qs like that I'd toss 50+M their way. That's HUGE money for a young team. But often they're half brain-dead so I get what you're saying.

Well, finish last in hockey, pick an A+ in the draft and sell to me! I'll win him for 10k and you'll be back to ground 0!

###################

I've developed a bit of software that can send an email with score updates. It is working for hockey and I have the code ready for the other 3 sports. If you cannot view PPM during the day but can check email and would want to know your hockey score this will help you. All I need is your team ID (number) and the email address you want it sent to. A message on PPM is likely best.
You won't belive, but today i actually scouted an A+ player in hockey Zero chance i get him since i'm cursed but still cool to see

Biggest player purchase in history for my hockey team today, for 24.3M: http://prntscr.com/4aq7lj I hope he's CL holds up one more season.

^^It means i can sell my all-time leading scorer who will be an UFA in few weeks to avoid having to let him go for nothing or match huge offer.

PS: Ok no problem, Tian just won I.1 Swedish league in handball with almost half of his team being Slovenian players so maybe they have some hidden magic

Last edited by suprvilce: 08-08-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old
08-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

I know it's only a friendly, but 0 for 16 on 3-pointers? Really?

Old
08-08-2014, 11:43 AM
fakezomg

So, I just broke a billion $PPMbux in soccer despite my best efforts to give it away for a stud goalie. My hockey balance is steadily increasing too, since I dunno what to buy for the team. I wish I could be like real world team owners and unlock "unethical managerial practices" to funnel the money to my newer teams . #firstleagueproblems

Old
08-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Bulls4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakezomg View Post
So, I just broke a billion $PPMbux in soccer despite my best efforts to give it away for a stud goalie. My hockey balance is steadily increasing too, since I dunno what to buy for the team. I wish I could be like real world team owners and unlock "unethical managerial practices" to funnel the money to my newer teams . #firstleagueproblems
send me some buy one of my top prospects

Old
08-08-2014, 05:33 PM
camrawrn

Well, this happened. Lovely.

Quote:
The scary part is, you're not even in the top 10 for money. At least 11 people have over one billion dollars... Wow.

Old
08-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

I lost by 2 points in my league match today in basketball with my opponent playing 2 of his starters for the entire game and me playing H/VH to his VL. Granted, he's been playing VL all season, so his players have more energy. However, I went 6/25 on 3s. That is the sole reason I lost. For the day, that puts me at 6/41 including my friendly. Apparently once your starters drop under 80 seasonal energy*, you better just give up on 3s. Which makes absolutely no sense, btw. And of course it's even better that playing 1 out 4 in and close range shots still makes you shoot a minimum of 16 3s a game anyway so it's not like you can modify your strategy.

*Yes, I know many players in my league read this forum and sharing energy normally isn't smart. I'm not making the playoffs anyway. I figure the information is more beneficial to everyone else.

Old
08-08-2014, 07:25 PM
tescosamoa

Holy cow bulls your team was rampaged today... Could not resist. Most my team has been scored on was 110 points... by a Noname team lol.... So yea I suck

Old
08-08-2014, 11:19 PM
fakezomg

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
The scary part is, you're not even in the top 10 for money. At least 11 people have over one billion dollars... Wow.
There's a lot more than 11 - I'm sitting at #43 currently with $1,004,700,113.

Old
08-09-2014, 12:57 AM
slacklar

Quote:
That would make a great PlusPack feature.

Old
08-09-2014, 02:56 AM
MrOrange

Hi everyone!

I have a question for you regarding a functionality in PPMe. I am sure that the people who use my tool know that there is an option to download a CSV dump of your players. In the current version, it'll just give you a dump of all the information I have on each player, but not their EOR/EQ values. I think at least, hell I don't even know. I don't use it, ha! But my question to you is:

What do you want get from this CSV download link? Would you like it to be the way it was, or would you like to see only the EOR/EQ values, or both? Or don't even you even use it like me?

I am nearing completion with the new version. I just wrapped up the market functionality for all sports, and I only have to look at canucks357 statistical gathering, and then it's ready for release.

Old
08-09-2014, 08:37 AM
tescosamoa

I use it for the dump , but it could use some formatting. Q's together, players name instead of the link. I would put in the order of name, country, age, cl, side, abilities, qualities.

Old
08-09-2014, 09:06 AM
MrOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I use it for the dump , but it could use some formatting. Q's together, players name instead of the link. I would put in the order of name, country, age, cl, side, abilities, qualities.
Could you give me an example format? Like:

Name,AvQ,CL,Goa,GoaQ, etc.

UPDATE:

I might also just create something that allows you to choose what you want.

Old
08-09-2014, 10:57 AM
tescosamoa

PLayer ID, Name , Country , Age , CL, Prs, Eng, Exp, Goa , FiP , Sho, Blk, Pas, Tec, Spe, Agr, OR, AVQ,Goaq,FiPq,Shoq, Blkq, Pasq, Tecq, Speq, Agrq,

So it would go Misc , OR stuff , Q stuff.

I think you have it set up like that in hockey.

Pick and choose and/or order would be awesome

Old
08-09-2014, 11:02 AM
tescosamoa

One of the European 1.1 teams has asked if I would sell Darren Marrero. Handball Def-Back

his stats are as follows 17 - 5/6 U 21/115/35/92/41/58/35/87 (484) Q 70/85/56/75/56/86/79/92

I am thinking i will put him up for sale for 40M would this be the ball park for what he is worth ?

I am debating between keeping him or selling him and putting the money on a triple max.

Suggestions ?

Old
08-09-2014, 12:22 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrange View Post
Hi everyone!

I have a question for you regarding a functionality in PPMe. I am sure that the people who use my tool know that there is an option to download a CSV dump of your players. In the current version, it'll just give you a dump of all the information I have on each player, but not their EOR/EQ values. I think at least, hell I don't even know. I don't use it, ha! But my question to you is:

What do you want get from this CSV download link? Would you like it to be the way it was, or would you like to see only the EOR/EQ values, or both? Or don't even you even use it like me?

I am nearing completion with the new version. I just wrapped up the market functionality for all sports, and I only have to look at canucks357 statistical gathering, and then it's ready for release.
I'd keep it in. I know several people do some calculations of their own and data/stats tracking offline.

Old
08-09-2014, 02:18 PM
slacklar

Quote:
One of the European 1.1 teams has asked if I would sell Darren Marrero. Handball Def-Back

his stats are as follows 17 - 5/6 U 21/115/35/92/41/58/35/87 (484) Q 70/85/56/75/56/86/79/92

I am thinking i will put him up for sale for 40M would this be the ball park for what he is worth ?

I am debating between keeping him or selling him and putting the money on a triple max.

Suggestions ?
I'd sell him and build the triple. The sooner you max out your arena and facilities the better. Hard to say what he's worth given I don't follow the handball market much, but just looking at the most expensive list he's better than at least two 18 yos that are going for 50m or more.

Old
08-09-2014, 03:10 PM
camrawrn

Quote:

Suggestions ?
40 mil is probably around the lower range of what he would sell for. I would guess about 55, maybe more if you can get a bidding war.

Old
08-10-2014, 03:48 AM
MrOrange

Quote:
PLayer ID, Name , Country , Age , CL, Prs, Eng, Exp, Goa , FiP , Sho, Blk, Pas, Tec, Spe, Agr, OR, AVQ,Goaq,FiPq,Shoq, Blkq, Pasq, Tecq, Speq, Agrq,

So it would go Misc , OR stuff , Q stuff.

I think you have it set up like that in hockey.

Pick and choose and/or order would be awesome
Alright, do you think you can work with this:

Do you want to be able to choose which ones are exported or is it just fine if you can only adjust the sorting?

UPDATE:

Alright, added a little eye to the left of the attribute. When it's in the color of the sport it's exported, when it's gray it isn't. It is a toggle switch, so clicking on it will change it from export to not export and vice versa. ;-)

Last edited by MrOrange: 08-10-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Closed Thread