HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jays quiet at deadline; Lester to A's, Price to Tigers

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2014, 05:39 PM
topched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
I say both morrow,and Lind aren't back next year.

Too many injuries with these players. Lind is replaceable.
At his price tag Lind is good value. Other than the single broken foot he's been healthy this year, not plagued by the past back issues.

Because he's elite vs RHP you can pay him the 7M he's owed and find a dime a dozen LHP masher (Valencia etc) for league min or thereabouts. For under 9M give or take you've got yourself an elite platoon

Old
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
At his price tag Lind is good value. Other than the single broken foot he's been healthy this year, not plagued by the past back issues.

Because he's elite vs RHP you can pay him the 7M he's owed and find a dime a dozen LHP masher (Valencia etc) for league min or thereabouts. For under 9M give or take you've got yourself an elite platoon
He missed like three weeks early on due to a back injury. He also didn't have a rehab game today because he had tightness in his back. The injury is still very much an issue with him.

Old
08-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Suntouchable13

As much as I wanted to be in this position as long as I have been a Jays fan, I am still a little disappointed. Had a 6 game lead in the division, lost that. Had a 3 game lead in the wild card race, lost that in less than 2 weeks.

Old
08-08-2014, 07:05 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
As much as I wanted to be in this position as long as I have been a Jays fan, I am still a little disappointed. Had a 6 game lead in the division, lost that. Had a 3 game lead in the wild card race, lost that in less than 2 weeks.
That's baseball. The Giants had the best record in baseball when the Jays were 6 games up and they're now 1.5 ahead of the Jays.

There seems to be this panic because the Jays haven't been in it at this point for so long, but there is still 2 months of baseball to play.

Old
08-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Swervin81
MFW Leafs be Leafin

At the ballpark they were playing the Game of Thrones theme as Dickey was warming up

Old
08-08-2014, 07:15 PM
DatsyukianDeke*
Dangle Dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
At the ballpark they were playing the Game of Thrones theme as Dickey was warming up
Which family would he be with? I'd say a Stark

Old
08-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Ben Wagner ‏@benwag247 8m
Sean Nolin's last pitch of the night is at 96 mph, locking up Hak-Ju Lee. 6IP/3ER/8H/6K/BB. 88 pitches/59 strikes. #bisons #bluejays

They need to give Sean Nolin a shot in the pen next time they need a reliever.

Old
08-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Baltimore teeing off on the cards

Old
08-08-2014, 10:30 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Ben Wagner ‏@benwag247 8m
Sean Nolin's last pitch of the night is at 96 mph, locking up Hak-Ju Lee. 6IP/3ER/8H/6K/BB. 88 pitches/59 strikes. #bisons #bluejays

They need to give Sean Nolin a shot in the pen next time they need a reliever.
Nah. I actually like Nolin as a potential #5 next season if they turn over the rotation any.

Quote:
That's his regular warm-up music. That and the Imperial March from Star Wars.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 57 GP, 18-28-11 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
08-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Bring Kottaras up for Thole.

Old
08-08-2014, 10:37 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Bring Kottaras up for Thole.
Has he ever caught a knuckler?

Old
08-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Has he ever caught a knuckler?
He caught Wakefield.

Old
08-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Nah. I actually like Nolin as a potential #5 next season if they turn over the rotation any.

That's his regular warm-up music. That and the Imperial March from Star Wars.
I am not saying to move him into the pen full time. Just that there are no rotation spots open right now but the pen... yeah that's a mess and if there is a spot available next time, give him a shot over Rasmussen. Keep him as a starter in Buffalo next year.

Old
08-08-2014, 10:41 PM
TheTotalPackage

I can't believe the Jays have given a 12-game swing to Baltimore in what, not even a month and a half? Games like this can sink you. Disappointing that solid starts from Happ and Dickey were wasted.

Old
08-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Divine
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

vCash: 105
Janssen was right.. Why didn't we trade him for some quality players?

No Story.
Old
08-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTotalPackage View Post
I can't believe the Jays have given a 12-game swing to Baltimore in what, not even a month and a half? Games like this can sink you. Disappointing that solid starts from Happ and Dickey were wasted.
Well on the flip side, at least we are facing a bunch of scrubs for the next little while in Scherzer, Price, Hernandez and Iwakuma

Old
08-08-2014, 10:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTotalPackage View Post
Unfortunately I think it's safe to say the season is lost now. Was a fun run but we couldn't overcome the injuries

Old
08-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Unfortunately I think it's safe to say the season is lost now. Was a fun run but we couldn't overcome the injuries
We're still in the WC race.

Old
08-08-2014, 10:57 PM
canucksfan

Besides Sanchez their RHP aren't very good in the pen. Not surprised Casey blew a save because he has been off this year.

I stopped watching in the 6th. Jays played good up to that point. Jays fought hard to have a chance to win and Casey blew it.

Old
08-08-2014, 11:24 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
We're still in the WC race.
Yes and facing essentially 5 ace quality pitchers in a row. It's not looking good at all

Old
08-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Swervin81
MFW Leafs be Leafin

****ing hell, man. Had a bad feeling Castellanos would hit one out (which he did), but seeing #9 hitter Suarez taking a bite (no pun intended) out of the ball nearly broke me inside. I nearly shed a man tear sitting in my seat as the lady just had that thousand yard stare of complete silence, fixated right on the #WHIFF sign right by the RF foul pole. Unbelievable.

Old
08-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Stats01

vCash: 580
So Janssen comes out and *****es about the team not doing anything at the deadline and then goes out and does that...This guy is done, he's been on a steady decline for a while now. He's lost around 3-4 MPH on his fastball over the past 3 years. I wouldn't re-sign him. This team has completely tanked, partly due to the injury issues but also let's put some blame on these players. I don't want to give them an out and just pity them and say ohh poor them they have a lot of injuries boo hoo. I find it amazing that Bautista and Janssen are the most vocal about not doing anything at the deadline and these two are the two main issues right now with this team. Bautista hasn't done **** lately, Janssen just blew an important game in epic failure fashion. Way to go guys. This team is sinking faster than the Titanic. There are so many issues with this team, where to begin with Rasmus?? He's gone, Janssen should be gone, Goins..he's not a major league player, Gose can be good if he can improve his hitting..a lot of question marks.

This game IMO is a season killer, and it doesn't get any better we have Sherzer and Price coming up. Then Seattle where we get Hernandez and Iwakuma.

Last edited by Stats01: 08-09-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old
08-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Swervin81
MFW Leafs be Leafin

Just got home, being driven from the game by the lady, through long detours and ****ing traffic, both to and from. I wonder whose bright ****ing idea it was to close both the Gardiner and Lakeshore at the same ****ing time. Like honest to ****ing god, just compound the ****ing rage deep inside of my ****ing heart after that came like I want to ****ing punch something. **** you Janssen for blowing **** up in the most spectacular fashion possible and **** you Toronto for a cockamamie ****show construction project that makes the route home ****ing longer by double.

Oh, and we're heading to tomorrow's game as well. More bad detours and traffic, and I hope we ****ing light up Scherzer or else I will fly into a ****ing rage.

Current GOAT Quote

Stephen: "Gardiner is the walking embodiment of the Edmonton Oilers. Young, braindead, can't play defense, has flashy skills and can't generate offense. And looks like he's overpaid. What a horrible player."

Last edited by BertCorbeau: 08-09-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old
08-09-2014, 12:51 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Just got home, being driven from the game by the lady, through long detours and ****ing traffic, both to and from. I wonder whose bright ****ing idea it was to close both the Gardiner and Lakeshore at the same ****ing time. Like honest to ****ing god, just compound the ****ing rage deep inside of my ****ing heart after that came like I want to ****ing punch something. **** you Janssen for blowing **** up in the most spectacular fashion possible and **** you Toronto for a cockamamie ****show construction project that makes the route home ****ing longer by double.

Oh, and we're heading to tomorrow's game as well. More bad detours and traffic, and I hope we ****ing light up Scherzer or else I will fly into a ****ing rage.

Old
08-09-2014, 12:55 AM
BertCorbeau

Quote:
.. Maybe just drive to the the closest GO Train station and avoid traffic altogether? Also don't expect them to light up Scherzer otherwise you'll end up with a heart attack

The traffic around Jays games it bad enough, let alone with the Gardiner and Front St under construction

Closed Thread