HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Finnish Top Prospects part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2014, 04:16 PM
  #151
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Lineup for Futuric Olympic Lions camp(2 G, 2D, 3F from every age group from -95 to -99). Kinda pointless to pick -95's and -96's as top guys are not even there.


G: (10)

Kalle Hokkanen, TPS, 1995, U20
Mikael Saari, Ilves, 1996, U20
Joona Voutilainen, Jokerit, 1996, U20
Christian Heljanko, HIFK, 1997, U18
Veini Vehviläinen, JYP, 1997, U18
Niko Viksten, Ilves, 1997, U18
Leevi Laakso, KalPa, 1998, U17
Kimmo Rautiainen, Tappara, 1998, U17
Erno Gerlander, Jokerit, 1999, U16
Eetu Mäkiniemi, Jokerit, 1999, U16

D: (10)

Erik Autio Penn State Univ, 1995, U20
Joonas Lyytinen, KalPa, 1995, U20
Miro Keskitalo, TPS, 1996, U20
Sami Niku, JYP, 1996, U20
Ville Järvinen, Ilves, 1997, U18
Vili Saarijärvi, Kärpät, 1997, U18
Olli Juolevi, Jokerit, 1998, U17
Juuso Välimäki, Ilves, 1998, U17
Henri Jokiharju, Jokerit, 1999, U16
Urho Vaakanainen, Blues, 1999, U16

Forwards: (15)
Hannes Björninen, Pelicans, 1995, U20
Teemu Turunen, No Team 1995, U20
Julius Vähätalo, TPS, 1995, U20
Roope Hintz, Ilves, 1996, U20
Antti Kalapudas, Kärpät, 1996, U20
Miro Mäkinen, No Team 1996, U20
Sebastian Aho, Kärpät, 1997, U18
Julius Nättinen, JYP, 1997, U18
Petrus Palmu, No team 1997, U18
Janne Kuokkanen, Kärpät, 1998, U17
Otto Mäkinen, Tappara, 1998, U17
Jesse Puljujärvi, Kärpät, 1998, U17
Jesse Koskenkorva, Kärpät, 1999, U16
Aatu Luusuaniemi, Kärpät, 1999, U16
Kristian Vesalainen, HIFK, 1999, U16

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 01:30 AM
  #152
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,180
vCash: 500
Hi - I don't know whether this is the right thread to ask, but I was wondering whether anyone could give an update re what Teuvo's up to this summer. He's aged out of WJC so is just going to spend the summer in Finland working out, etc?

I know in Canada it's like some sort of pride the way players spend the entire summer in the gym (tbh they probably hit 'diminishing returns' fairly quickly)...so I was just wondering how a player like him would spend his summer.

...also, has anyone heard anything from him re what the Hawks have said to him about next year. I know there's some question from our Finnish friends on this board re whether he's ready to handle the NHL next season...although, I should point out that the Hawks' 2nd line centre situation is tragic...so the barrier for him would seem low.

Thanks in advance.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 12:21 PM
  #153
Lapa
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Lapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,771
vCash: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Hi - I don't know whether this is the right thread to ask, but I was wondering whether anyone could give an update re what Teuvo's up to this summer. He's aged out of WJC so is just going to spend the summer in Finland working out, etc?

I know in Canada it's like some sort of pride the way players spend the entire summer in the gym (tbh they probably hit 'diminishing returns' fairly quickly)...so I was just wondering how a player like him would spend his summer.

...also, has anyone heard anything from him re what the Hawks have said to him about next year. I know there's some question from our Finnish friends on this board re whether he's ready to handle the NHL next season...although, I should point out that the Hawks' 2nd line centre situation is tragic...so the barrier for him would seem low.

Thanks in advance.
Only thing I found was:

Quote:
Teräväinen ehti pelata maaliskuun lopussa ensimmäiset kolme NHL-otteluaan Chicago Blackhawksin paidassa. Kesän ohjelma ja ensi kauden tavoitteet ovat selvillä.

- Tietenkin tarvitsen enemmän voimaa. Pitää tehdä vartalon kanssa paljon töitä kesällä. Toivottavasti kroppani on valmiimpi ensi kautta varten ja uskon, että se tulee olemaan.

- Teen kesällä kovasti töitä ja menen sitten taistelemaan paikasta isoon joukkueeseen (Blackhawks). Se on tavoitteeni ensi kaudelle.
Translation:
Quote:
Teräväinen played three games for the Blackhawks in the end of March. He knows what he needs to do in the offseason.

"I obviously need more strength. I need to work hard for my body this summer. I hope my body is ready for next season and I believe it will be."

"I will work hard this summer and then I'll go and fight for a spot in a big team (Blackhawks). That's my goal for the next season."
http://www.sportti.com/uutinen.asp?CAT=2-3&ID=263923

__________________


Got questions? Shoot me a PM or an email!

*Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Lapa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 06:17 AM
  #154
bebl
Registered User
 
bebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
According to Blues forum Petteri Lindbohm was best blues d-men at devcamp.

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2014, 05:52 AM
  #155
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebl View Post
According to Blues forum Petteri Lindbohm was best blues d-men at devcamp.
Yeah, interesting. They said he had crazy puck skills? Thought he was supposed to be stonehands shutdown defenceman?

Jokerit didn't really give him a fair change so it will be interesting to see how he will play play with Sport where he is a top pairing defenceman and possibly getting some PP time as well.

Joonas Lyytinen also had played well in Nashville's camp. Sounded like he looked like a young Kimmo Timonen out there.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 07:00 AM
  #156
FinProspects
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Lyytinen and Lindbohm are both decent prospects with some NHL-upside, especially Lindbohm. But people have to remember that these are development camps. Bunch of junior players playing against each other. Some good prospects out there but some terrible also. Also, fans seem to overhype their prospects almost in every team. It may be that Lyytinen has been a "young Kimmo Timonen" in the camp but you have to take into consideration that the competition isnt that great.

FinProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 05:41 AM
  #157
FrankTheTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Would love to hear something about these prospects:

Ville Järvinen
Roope Hintz
Sami Tavernier
Julius Nättinen


Strengths and weaknesses. Anything special?

FrankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 06:13 AM
  #158
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
Would love to hear something about these prospects:

Ville Järvinen
Roope Hintz
Sami Tavernier
Julius Nättinen


Strengths and weaknesses. Anything special?
Ville Järvinen

Big left handed defenceman who plays tough game and has decent puck skills. Defense is a work in progress, takes a lots of stupid penalties and makes some weird mistakes at times. Could become Ossi Väänänen type of player in the future, but more likely to be career Sm-Liiga player.

Roope Hintz

Big left handed forward who can play every forward position. Has been able to produce points nicely in juniors but his game production didn't translate to national team and Liiga last year. Interesting prospect with some raw potential, nice hands and passing skills. Potential top 3 round pick next year.

Sami Tavernier

Right handed winger with great skating, nice hands and good shot. Haven't seen him a lot, seemed like a decent player, but is pretty small. Also very likely draft pick next year.

Julius Nättinen

Left handed center with very well rounded game and really good potential, no real weaknesses. Good size and has been able to produce nicely with the national team. I'm very high on him and think he could be a potential first round pick next year. Kinda reminds me of Jori Lehterä.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 06:43 AM
  #159
FrankTheTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTT View Post
Ville Järvinen

Big left handed defenceman who plays tough game and has decent puck skills. Defense is a work in progress, takes a lots of stupid penalties and makes some weird mistakes at times. Could become Ossi Väänänen type of player in the future, but more likely to be career Sm-Liiga player.

Roope Hintz

Big left handed forward who can play every forward position. Has been able to produce points nicely in juniors but his game production didn't translate to national team and Liiga last year. Interesting prospect with some raw potential, nice hands and passing skills. Potential top 3 round pick next year.

Sami Tavernier

Right handed winger with great skating, nice hands and good shot. Haven't seen him a lot, seemed like a decent player, but is pretty small. Also very likely draft pick next year.

Julius Nättinen

Left handed center with very well rounded game and really good potential, no real weaknesses. Good size and has been able to produce nicely with the national team. I'm very high on him and think he could be a potential first round pick next year. Kinda reminds me of Jori Lehterä.
Thanks mate! 2015 NHL Draft looks pretty good for finns at the moment.

Here's my top 6 finns:
1) Rantanen 1-round
2) Saarela 2-round
3) Nättinen 2-round
4) Vainio 3-round
5) Aho 3-round
6) Saarijärvi 4-5-rounds

And then there's Hintz, Tavernier, Niku, Vehviläinen, Niemelä and so on.

Opinions?

D-man Vili Saarijärvi is an interesting prospect. Great skills and amazing potential but he's so frigging small. I've heard that he will play in USHL next year. Certainly good move for him.

FrankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 11:40 AM
  #160
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,673
vCash: 500
Can i have scouting report on Oliver Kinnunen?

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 06:31 PM
  #161
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
Opinions?
Saarela has talent, but add one or two more concussions and he might be a 6th rounder? Vainio could go surprisingly early if he manages to dispel some of the concerns surrounding his game. Rajala and Pulkkinen were 4th rounders, is Aho better or worse as a prospect in comparison to these guys, that's a good question. Saarijärvi has all the talent in the world, everything depends on whether he's still growing or not. Interesting to see how Niku's game will look once the season stars, small improvements might have a relatively big impact on his game. Niemelä isn't a draft prospect I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Can i have scouting report on Oliver Kinnunen?
Small and lightweight winger, at the moment he's clearly undersized. Smooth and agile skater, reads the play rather well, handles the puck nicely. Played on a high scoring team with Eeli Tolvanen often as his linemate, this helped his point totals. Could develop into a player, but growing ~10cm would make that task much, much easier.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 10:10 AM
  #162
Keke
Registered User
 
Keke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Are there any news if Palmu will play in OHL next season? Owen Sound used their 1st round pick on him and I think it would be the best for his development (to play in OHL).

Keke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 11:55 AM
  #163
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGician View Post
Are there any news if Palmu will play in OHL next season?.
Seems to be the plan to do so: LINK

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 01:05 PM
  #164
Periwinkle
Registered User
 
Periwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
I didn't realize just how tiny Palmu is (never seen him play). Elite Prospects has him at 5'4/163 cm, which would be 10cm shorter than Gadreau (!), the CHL import draft lists him as 5'6 though (that would be ~168 cm).

Destined to become an euro star? Ryan Lasch is 170cm, after his monster Pelicans season posted 30GP, 6G 4A in AHL and was also sent to EHCL...

Periwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 06:02 PM
  #165
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
I didn't realize just how tiny Palmu is (never seen him play). Elite Prospects has him at 5'4/163 cm, which would be 10cm shorter than Gadreau (!), the CHL import draft lists him as 5'6 though (that would be ~168 cm).

Destined to become an euro star? Ryan Lasch is 170cm, after his monster Pelicans season posted 30GP, 6G 4A in AHL and was also sent to EHCL...
Yeah he is super small, I think that 163cm is more closer to truth than 168cm.With that size it's really hard to have career, even in Europe. Guy has a very good skillset though so it's possible.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 10:04 AM
  #166
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Uploaded two videos to YouTube.

Jesse Puljujärvi: LINK
Patrik Laine: LINK

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 12:13 PM
  #167
ElHefe
Registered User
 
ElHefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Capital Area
Country: Finland
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Uploaded two videos to YouTube.

Jesse Puljujärvi: LINK
Patrik Laine: LINK
Great job, thanks alot for this!

ElHefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2014, 01:27 PM
  #168
Periwinkle
Registered User
 
Periwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Thanks for the videos, great to see our future in action.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one being giddy thinking about the 2018 (and 2022) Olympics if most of our young talents pan out.

Periwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 04:53 PM
  #169
warkkila
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
http://ask.fm/joonakiviniemi_

Does anyone know anything about this Finland selects team they are talking about in Joona Kiviniemi's ask.fm? Are they 03 group? Apparently they won whole tournament, beat the swedes 7-4 in final?

When you think about that the 01 group also won their world invitational tournament even when player pool was split in two teams, I dont think Finland will have shortage of quality players in future.

warkkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 05:08 PM
  #170
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,673
vCash: 500
It's interesting to think how KHL have affected on our youth player developement especially on top talents. It have been huge help because liiga teams needs to rely more on their junior players and when they call up their top talent/talents it gives room for junior teams to call up top players from younger age groups etc.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 06:53 PM
  #171
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warkkila View Post
Does anyone know anything about this Finland selects team
Bauer Euro Invite, -01 tournament played in Espoo: LINK.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 07:52 PM
  #172
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
It's interesting to think how KHL have affected on our youth player developement especially on top talents. It have been huge help because liiga teams needs to rely more on their junior players and when they call up their top talent/talents it gives room for junior teams to call up top players from younger age groups etc.
Actually a lot of players have been called up too early when they clearly are not cut up to play against men yet. I can't think of many juniors who wouldn't have been "called up" anyway.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 01:21 AM
  #173
LoveHateLeafs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Bauer Euro Invite, -01 tournament played in Espoo: LINK.
Leevi Aaltonen strikes again. Any chance he plays c-juniors this year as a double underager?

LoveHateLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2014, 03:23 PM
  #174
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHateLeafs View Post
Leevi Aaltonen strikes again. Any chance he plays c-juniors this year as a double underager?
Seems unlikely, Jukurit doesn't have a C1 team this season.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 01:25 PM
  #175
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
U17 team in 3 games vs Russia next week.

G
1 Rautianen Kimmo Tappara
31 Laakso Leevi KalPa

D
2 Almari Niclas Blues
5 Kotkansalo Kasper Blues
6 Niemeläinen Markus HPK
27 Pylkkänen Eetu Blues
9 Kluuskeri Jani Lukko
28 Vaakanainen Urho Blues
7 Pynnönen Jarkko Pelicans
3 Felixson Oliver HIFK
8 Reunanen Tarmo TPS

F
10 Vesalainen Kristian HIFK
13 Jääskä Juha HIFK
15 Koppanen Joona Ilves
26 Koivula Otto Ilves
11 Sihvonen Riku JYP
23 Sirén Tino TPS
22 Räsänen Aapeli Tappara
25 Stråka Anton JYP
20 Niemi Pete Tappara
21 Nurmi Markus TPS
12 Hänninen Erno Lukko
4 Oksanen Emil Blues
19 Tuulola Eetu HPK
18 Kuokkanen Janne Kärpät
24 Somppi Otto Jokerit

Looks really solid even without Välimäki, Mäkinen, Juolevi, Laine and Puljujärvi

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.